Blood Analysis Laboratory In Bankok?

PaulDee

Does anyone know of a testing laboratory or clinic in Bangkok where I can have my blood analyzed? I'm interested in testing for cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, etc., and I want to avoid the high charges imposed by hospitals that provide such services. The closer to MBK the better. Thank you.

You do need to have this done in a hospital and it needn't cost much at all.

Just go to the health screening/check-up department of any hospital. Then tell them you do not want a package, you just want XYZ blood tests. Although you may find they are all included in the basic check up package at lower cost. As all the hospitals are in competition for check-up services the prices for the basic check-up package acrioss the board tend to be low, even at what are usually pricey hospitals.

Near MBK, in "normal" times would suggest Bkk Christian Hosp on Silom but not just now.

Bumrungrad is currently offering its basic check up package for only 2,600 Baht. http://www.bumrungrad.com/package/health-s...nter/index.aspx

Could also go to Saint Louis (Sathorn) or Camellian (thong Lor) which are nonprofits but the savings compared to Bumrungrad, if any, will probably be less than the BTS or cab fare.

Just had a full blood test at Pramonkutklau hospital, the army hospithal not far from Victory Monument for 850b.

Took about an hour and a half from the test till I got the result.

Most expensive tests were the liver function test 350b and the CEA ( cancer) tests 300b

You should have someone with you who speaks Thai