McDonalds Silom Center Bombed

webfact

Look guys, I walk past the red barricade twice a day everyday. I often go into the Starbucks or the Mac that are under what used to be 'Robinsons'. I go in both I know the staff by sight. Today about midday I walked past that Macs, the usual staff were in there doing the usual stuff. Customers were in there pointing cameras out of the windows.

If it had been 'bombed' it would have been closed down. Even if the windows had only been put out by an external blast, they would have been boarded up out of safety for further attacks, not replaced with nice new glass ready to be broken again. BTW, there was no new glass. For those that don't know, this Mac is fronted by four or five 2metre tall by 2metre wide panes (which I doubt you wouldbe able to replace at a few hours notice, too). It's a huge glass frontage looking straight out at the red barricade and Chula hospital. Those panes were all dirty as hel_l and not one of them had been broken. There was no damage to anything. Bear in mind I had read this report before I went out, so I gave the place a good look as I went past. Of course, had I been a reporter I would have gone in and asked any of the faces I know if they'd been bombed and got the scoop first hand; alas, I didn't - it seemed so obviously false as to be not worth the effort.

Slap me for jumping to conclusions based on visual evidence, but 'being bombed' means some kind of structural damage to me. There was none. My guess is some reporter with nothing to write home about woke himself up with a fart and found he had something to wire to the editor. :D

As I said b4 - don't trust me, go and LOOK! (ther's nothing to see!)

Now what will "levelhead" et al have to complain about...spoilsport! :D

LOL - "don't believe dobadoy's attempt to legitimise himself as a neutral. He's just pretending to be a neutral so he can spout more yellow propaganda later" - sound about right?

:)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is nothing sacred? What if Kwanchai had another Big Mac attack, he could have been killed. Stop with the bombs we all deserve a break today!

That will teach you to eat MacCrap LOL

Yes, every cloud has a silver lining.......... I'm lovin it!!! :)

Quite frankly I am amazed that many of you are making jokes out of a very serious and dangerous situation. There is a time for humor, bombings, terrorism etc is hardly the time! I suppose it makes a change from silly bickering that you usually all result to. Please see the seriousness of the welfare of innocent Thai and Foreign citizens, and of the damage this is causing Thailands economy. I use this site to gain valid information relevant to living in Thailand, and to try to keep up to date with the news. Not to see childlike comments.

Quite frankly I am amazed that many of you are making jokes out of a very serious and dangerous situation. There is a time for humor, bombings, terrorism etc is hardly the time! I suppose it makes a change from silly bickering that you usually all result to. Please see the seriousness of the welfare of innocent Thai and Foreign citizens, and of the damage this is causing Thailands economy. I use this site to gain valid information relevant to living in Thailand, and to try to keep up to date with the news. Not to see childlike comments.

Who cares what you use it for? It's not your private forum. Use it for what you want, and let the rest of us do the same.

Foreign firms are definitely taking this violence seriously.

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find that people are joking on the Thai Forum... :D

The damage being done to this county= reap what you sow. I am not surprised that Thailand is becoming a basket case country like every country around them. They pretend to be so much better but in reality have way more problems on a frequent basis.

This is Thailand and as numerous posters have pointed out farang opinions don't matter. Let them all kill eachother I couldn't care less my opinion doesn't matter. The world can live without the Thai economy. The people in Thailand have made their choice through political indifference and their mai pen rai attitudes.

The problem with Thailand is with the Thai people and not what foreigners think of it. I can guarantee you though that the red leaders have nothing to lose anymore and this is getting dangerous.

After the shopping malls, hitting the sex trade makes sense if you want to bring down the government. Ruin the tourist trade altogether and with the steep price of TBH the export trade for Thailand looks glum to say the least. Hitting the rice fields would make a lot of sense but that is red territory, so they won't do that.

I hope Viet Nam builds a real airport and becomes the new hub. I am not concerned about Thais losing money out of this as they always cause economic problems for surrounding areas. Thailand running an airport/country/tuk tuk etc. has becoming as comical as letting my drunken uncle do it out of nepotism alone.

I do not want to elaborate on how I really feel though. I am not in support of the UDD however inaction seems to be the word of the day in government. I think what is coming to light is the fact given the political structure Thailand will remain prepubescent as a democracy. There is nobody that can run this place.

I think you need a holiday...but I don't suggest Thailand at the moment :)

Late edit: I'm seriously thinking about taking my 'skills' elsewhere. If Thailand can't learn to behave in the next 5 minutes, I'm planning a getaway.

Edited by elkangorito

I think you need a holiday...but I don't suggest Thailand at the moment :)

Neither does any sane government at this point

I think you need a holiday...but I don't suggest Thailand at the moment :D

Neither does any sane government at this point

The TAT seem to think otherwise :)

Please Sir. Step back from the Big Mac.

Edited by hawker9000

"...........Thaksin and they can't all be corrupt (some are simply astute businessmen/women),"

Hello and welcome to planet earth - take a look round and then post again.........

Had a quick look - think I am still on planet earth, but after reading some of the posts here I am not so sure. What make you so sure that, for example, the Bhirombhakdi family (the owners of Singha, Leo, etc) are corrupt?

Anyone who think only the Redshirts can do wrong is living in cloud cuckoo-land.

And those who think the redshirts can do no wrong aren't any better

and those that think both sides are dangerous, dictatorial and incompetent are probably in a majority

In real life - very probably. On this forum, to judge by the posts, apparently not.

What I want to know is where they got that pingpong ball....

Probably the same place as that lovely young lady in Patpong with the flexible fibromuscular tubular tract...lol

You can pretend to be a doctor it doesnt work with me. For example your anal tract speaks more articulately then your brain

I wonder if Macs was attacked because its a foreign firm? It was inevitable the attacks would eventually go foreign in an attempt to find a common enemy.

yep foreigners are being targeted maybe you should leave now.

McDonalds get bombed the world over, but usually for different reasons. Probably the most bombed burger place in the world. As long as no people were hurt, I'd applaud every branch in the world getting blown up, and the world would be a healthier place...

I agree I ate that crap once and couldn't go to the toilet for a week, the stuff never digests just sits there to many chemicals and preservatives. I don't know how Americans can call the stuff food and actually eat it. I guess that is what they have been raised on and it's all they know.

Directly or indirectly, more terrorism attributed to the RED's stubborn occupation of downtown (IMHO)

Red shirts? I don't see any mention that the red shirts did this. you show your true colors by editoralizing the news to make it fir your own biased view of the situation.

Was this done by the reds after they saw soldiers going in for a burger?

The hospital invasion happened because the reds saw a food delivery ... could be related.

It's quite simple really. Ronald McDonald is a yellow shirt right? He has supplied the reds with all the free Macca's they can eat which isn't really that much because who can eat it. They plan was to make them sick so they would leave. The reds got sick as planned but stormed the hospital seeking urgent medical treatment and those that survived returned to McDonalds to blow the place up in a counter strike.

Edited by moetownblues

Until the government takes this seriously and at least attempts (a real attempt) to regain order, how am I supposed to take it? Besides, they bombed McDonalds!!!!