Termite/pest Companies In Pattaya Area

ptty97

Found termites inside the house the other day and got bids from 2 companies (UCS Services - B30,000 and Chonburi Pest Control - B6,500).

The house is approx 150 sqm. Does anybody have any experience with either companies or recommendations on other companies. Both companies offered 3 yr warranty with free followup every 3 months and free respraying if termites return.

Thanks in advance for any information.

There are a multitude of ways to deal with termites. Price varies accordingly.

Most termites in the Pattaya area are of the subterranean variety. They can travel up to 80Km underground. So it's impossible to permanently extricate them.There's also white ants, which attack the wood. They also are subterranean.

It's best to have an underground system which distributes the chemicals. Best, if it is installed during the house construction phase. Then have it serviced periodically, about every six months. When I built this house. I installed such a system. I live in the 'jungle', where the termites 'swarm' periodically. Amazing experience to behold, but I don't have any termites. Knock on wood.

I also had a friend who had a system installed where they drilled holes in the floor to distribute the chemicals in the ground, very expensive and unsightly. It also cost quite a bit more to service it. The underground system is better. It's not unsightly. There's some fittings on the back or side of the house, to supply the chemicals.

I've been using Siam Pest Control for years. They installed my system. I signed a contract with them to install the system (price depends on the area), and service the system once every six months for three years, at no charge. My contract expired several years ago. It now costs about 1000 baht to have it serviced, and to spray the yard (800 sq m) for mosquitoes and other insects. We also have a problem with red ants, which they also treat with an ant powder.

I live in Huai Yai. The local Government (Tambon) periodically 'fogs' the entire area for mosquitoes, about once every two years at no charge. If they don't, you should contact the Huai Yai Tambon office (Petchaban) about doing it.

Siam Pest Control are reliable and inexpensive. They service the entire Pattaya area, even out in the 'boonies'. The only problem, they only speak Thai and 'little bit' English. Best to have a translator, if you can't speak Thai. They also have a scheduling system, and call to remind me that it's time to service the system. Which is great. I'm so busy having 'fun', that I forget. Time just flies by so quickly.

Call Chan at 087 079 2975.

Edited by BB1950

Lately I've found a couple of cockroaches in our house and I know the word if you see one there will be many. I heard about some sort of pest control bomb you fire in the house and leave for a couple of hours and after that you can sweep out all the dead insects from your house. Anyone know where I can get such a pest control bomb?

We use "Bio-Pestcontrol Co. Ltd once a month. www.bio-pest-control.com, 038252135. Kid and environment friendly and have not had a problem with ticks (on the dogs not the kids!!) or cockroaches since. I know he does the "bombs" but they do stink to high heaven and are not good for small people etc.