Tourist Visa In Phnom Penh

American planning to fly to Phnom Penh later this month. Would like to get a double entry tourist visa. Never been to the Thai embassy in PP before and would like some information.

Are they issuing double entry tourist visas? Any chance of a triple?

What's the cost? What's the best currency to pay with?

What documentation is needed?

What are the application drop-off and passport pick-up times? Any advice on the best times for beating lines?

Where is the embassy? What's the best area to stay in for embassy access? Do all the moto drivers know the embassy?

Any recommended agents to take care of the process?

Any other helpful information appreciated. Thanks

Not sure what they are doing for US citizens, now. Up until a year ago they would only give you a tourist visa for Thailand one time, then stamp your passport so that you could not get another in the future, unless you were Khmer. For the past year of so they have been issuing tourist visas, 60 day multiple-entry, for most nationalities without the dreaded stamp. I do believe that the visa is once again free! Stay anywhere in central PP that you'd like. All drivers should know the Thai Embassy, it's on the southern end of Norodom Blvd. The Khmers that work behind the glass at the Thai Embassy are complete dicks. Never have I found a less obliging group of people. If you ask how long it will take they will tell you 4 days! If you have proof that you are flying out they can give you the visa on the spot; they only hold passports for the chance to get a bribe, welcome to Scambodia! I would take my passport to any travel agent, if I were you. Although they may charge you a small fee, $10-$15, it will be WELL worth the headache you will save yourself. Funnily enough, I will be taking my passport to my travel agent on Monday to get just the visa you are looking for. I will then be able to report what the process looks like presently.

Not sure what they are doing for US citizens, now. Up until a year ago they would only give you a tourist visa for Thailand one time, then stamp your passport so that you could not get another in the future, unless you were Khmer. For the past year of so they have been issuing tourist visas, 60 day multiple-entry, for most nationalities without the dreaded stamp. I do believe that the visa is once again free! Stay anywhere in central PP that you'd like. All drivers should know the Thai Embassy, it's on the southern end of Norodom Blvd. The Khmers that work behind the glass at the Thai Embassy are complete dicks. Never have I found a less obliging group of people. If you ask how long it will take they will tell you 4 days! If you have proof that you are flying out they can give you the visa on the spot; they only hold passports for the chance to get a bribe, welcome to Scambodia! I would take my passport to any travel agent, if I were you. Although they may charge you a small fee, $10-$15, it will be WELL worth the headache you will save yourself. Funnily enough, I will be taking my passport to my travel agent on Monday to get just the visa you are looking for. I will then be able to report what the process looks like presently.

Best of luck in getting anything other than a single entry.

Latest report about Phnom Penh last month indicates double entry tourist visas are available again. Processing turnaround normally 3 days (ie, apply day 1 and collect day 3), but understand unofficial sameday service available from agents outside the embassy. Have a look at the embassy's page on MFA website for application form, map and other information.

This is for a 60 day tourist visa?

Do you still have to do a border jump at 30 days or you can remain in country for the full 60? Then can do again or can only do once?

Single entry tourist visa would give 60 days permission to stay, and can then extend at Thai immigration for further 30 days (fee 1,900 baht). We are talking about a double entry tourist visa which, after the above, would require a border run around day 88 (just before visa expires) to activate second 60 day entry and then extend again at Thai immigration for another 30 days. Would give nearly 6 months stay.

Single entry tourist visa would give 60 days permission to stay, and can then extend at Thai immigration for further 30 days (fee 1,900 baht). We are talking about a double entry tourist visa which, after the above, would require a border run around day 88 (just before visa expires) to activate second 60 day entry and then extend again at Thai immigration for another 30 days. Would give nearly 6 months stay.

Thankyou. Best explanation I've read, admit I find the visas an ongoing confusion, intend to travel to PP late June for next one.

Re ozzydom "Never have I found a less obliging group of people" well that is a challenge - top of my current list is the embassy in Singapore, maybe they were having a bad day but felt our 'reception' was appalling.

Thankyou. Best explanation I've read, admit I find the visas an ongoing confusion, intend to travel to PP late June for next one.

Re ozzydom "Never have I found a less obliging group of people" well that is a challenge - top of my current list is the embassy in Singapore, maybe they were having a bad day but felt our 'reception' was appalling.

report back if you can get that elusive duble entry. thx

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Didn't want to have to stay 3 days though. Was hoping to drop off day 1 and pick up day 2.

I think I will just go to Vientiane. Since I've never done a visa run there, I'll start another topic to ask some questions.