Thailand's Imf Debt...

I just heard from a prominent Buddhist monk here in San Diego that somehow Japan and China paid Thailand's IMF debt.  So Thailand is actually still in debt to these countries for the amount.

Any truth to this? :o

Actually this is much more worse. The money had to come from somwehere, so they probably issued more "local" public debt to the Thais in the form of bank borrowing etc... and pay interests on it while the IMF deal was interest free. It's a political move, nothing more. I think it will have an impact because that money could have been used "cheap" for public infrastructure. Instead the Thais are paying for it.

Among the good news, most Thai companies yesterday have reported bad earnings, some with 40% drop in sales and in earnings. Toxin company Shin SAT is down by 44% on Earnings. Good to know he is also paying for his mistake.

:D

I just heard from a prominent Buddhist monk here in San Diego that somehow Japan and China paid Thailand's IMF debt. So Thailand is actually still in debt to these countries for the amount.

Any truth to this? :D

If you believe that Pepe, you'll believe anything. Monks aren't supposed to drink are they ? :o

they probably issued more "local" public debt

Is there any publicly available information to put substance into this statement? Sounds terrible if that is really the case.