Best Airline Award 2005

Rinrada

Looks like Thai came in this year at 7th :o according to the Skytrax survey...

Do we all agree? :D

AIRLINE OF THE YEAR 2005

1.Cathay Pacific

2.Qantas Airways

3.Emirates

4.Singapore Airlines

5.British Airways

6.Malaysia Airlines

7.Thai Airways

BEST CABIN STAFF - the world's top airlines

1.Asiana Airlines

2.Thai Airways :D:D

3.Malaysia Airlines

4.Singapore Airlines

5.Qatar Airways

6.China Airlines

7.Air Tahiti Nui......

FIRST CLASS LOUNGE RANKING

1.Cathay Pacific - HKG

2.Thai Airways - BKK :D:D

3.South African Airways - JNB

4.Asiana Airlines - ICN

5.Malaysia Airlines (KUL)

6.Lufthansa (FRA)

7.Singapore Airlines (SIN)

8.Qatar Airways (DOH)

9.Gulf Air (BAH)

10.Swiss (ZRH)

This, the world's "largest" passenger survey, was conducted over an 11 month period (June 2004 - May 2005), and the final total of eligible survey nominations was 12,334,283.

Survey responses represent an increase of more 1.5 million extra survey interviews, compared to the 2003/4 levels

http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm (with thanks)

Lots of good info..... :D

Difficult to give a balanced opinion as I haven't flown with all of the airlines mentioned. I've always found the Thai cabin staff very friendly, well the ladies anyway, and they endulge me by speaking Thai, which I like to practice.

I think what lets Thai down is the lack of entertainment on board. It's usually just a big screen at the front of the aircraft, which if you're sat in the wrong position is not very clear. The other carriers that I have flown with (Singapore and BA/Qantas for example) all have personal TVs in the headrest which is nice on a long flight.

For cabin staff and lounge rankings, I'd have to agree.

I have always enjoyed Thai's cabin service, almost as much as SIA. I think they need a new uniform though - that purple thing is far too FRUMPY, especially when they have the aprons on.

Give me a 'Singapore Girl's uniform any time

:D

Qantas doesnt rate for cabin service. Never flown BA but I hear it is as poor as QANTAS.

Since the revamp of the business and first class Thai lounges in Don Muang, I can see how they would achieve points there. The Royal Executive lounge near gate 31-36 is miles better since they re-made it. And the free massages are a godsend. Wifi, nice shower, booze and a massage: perfect pre-flight combo. Especially if I also had time to get Burger King before immigration.

The lounge down near gates 11-16 still sucks.

I am actually surprised they would have bothered to re-furbish the lounges in DM though - when the new airport is so close to opening.

Rinrada how did these rankings compare to last years? I can't remember. Or maybe I am too lazy to do a search as I am sure you post them every year. :o

BA scores big by having one of the few true flat beds in business class.  Flew it to London recently; they almost had to drag me off the plane.

Yeah.....the service is so bloody lousy and the stewardesses so horrible, they like you to sleep the whole flight so as not to notice :o

During my tour of South-East Asia and Australia earlier this year I flew with numerous airlines. Without a shadow of a doubt Finair were the worst! I flew finair from Singapore to Bangkok, it was the longest 2 hours of my life! There was like 2 televisions for one whole cabin (fair enough for a 2 hour flight I guess) but after I got off the flight continues to Helsinki! Poor people. The Cabin crew were almost non-existent and as we descented and began our approach, people freely started to use their mobile phones to ring whoever they liked! (Wasn't a particular fan of that) The actual flight wasn't too great either... Halfway to our desired altitude the engines appeared to fail! obviously they hadn't, but it was not good for peace of mind when you hear loud thrusts to nothing at all and your ascent beings to fluctuate, not at all good for peace of mind!

As for BA and Quantas, I flew through them too. BA from London to Singapore in Buisness - Quite pleasent, no real complains.

Quantas from Singapore to Adelaide via Darwin - Wasn't a bad flight, cabin crew were decent but when that annoucement comes on 'You are flying with Quantas, the spirit of Austrailia' it becomes slightly intolerable - Apart from that no real complaints.

Singapore airline were good too - I'm not really fussy, as long as I get to my destination in one piece.

Never flown with Thai airlines but I'm sure I will soon.

Davey

Came back Monday on the lunchtime Thai flight and although I may tend to appear to be slightly/sometimes complaining about them the flight was pretty GOOD....no... in fact it was very good.

Quiet couple of G&Ts in the ROCI Lounge(KW ..shops)and then a short stroll down to departure to pick up Bangkok Post and GO.

Food,service booze,wine all good and lots of it (they were forcing me to drink-honest)and although they dont as yet have the wee TVs in the back of the seats YET... the films were OK as well.

Back in London a quick march through customs (KWs bags full of cooked ducks,fish etc...I am sweating ...as usual)but no prob.

A hour later back in the pub for a couple of pints real lager :o:D

O Yes they also seem to have found my MISSING Air Miles from last trip:rolleyes: (took them long enough) :D