Ipod Classic 80gb Synchronising

Rabbi

I was given a 2nd hand 80GB Ipod

I want to delete all the data from it and reload with my music etc that I have converted & saved on my PC [sorry I am a MS user not into Apples] using ITunes

I can see a "Sync with IPod" on the ITunes menu but it is "greyed" out and I cant access it.

Any clues 1st'ly on global deletion & renaming device to my choice

2nd'ly getting my stuff loaded

Cheers

I think through the iPod menu itself you can reset the device to its original configuration. What I would personally try is:

1) Reset the device through it's own menu, not connected to the computer (from my iPod Classic 120 GB root menu): Settings -> Reset Settings -> Reset (confirm yes - I dare not experiment more).

2) Install iTunes without importing any songs/videos/photos/etc.

3) Connect the iPod and synchronize it without any data; at least you can confirm that the iPod can be synchronized without data. You can also change the settings in iTunes at that point to control how the configuration will work.

4) Disconnect your iPod then import all your data (music, photos, videos, etc.) in iTunes.

5) Connect your iPod again, and synchronize.

I can't guarantee that it'll work but that's what I would try.

Good luck!

Edited by Gigabyte

I think through the iPod menu itself you can reset the device to its original configuration. What I would personally try is:

1) Reset the device through it's own menu, not connected to the computer (from my iPod Classic 120 GB root menu): Settings -> Reset Settings -> Reset (confirm yes - I dare not experiment more).

2) Install iTunes without importing any songs/videos/photos/etc.

3) Connect the iPod and synchronize it without any data; at least you can confirm that the iPod can be synchronized without data. You can also change the settings in iTunes at that point to control how the configuration will work.

4) Disconnect your iPod then import all your data (music, photos, videos, etc.) in iTunes.

5) Connect your iPod again, and synchronize.

I can't guarantee that it'll work but that's what I would try.

Good luck!

Nope! Step 1 Didn't delete anything only seemed to want to change language

There doesn't seem to be an overiding program to interegate the HDD unlessit it is inITunes on the PC

Thanks

The easiest way to wipe the iPod is to click the RESTORE button on the main page that appears when you plug in your iPod.

Also be sure, at the bottom of the page, "Manage Music Manually" is NOT checked.

Then, on the MUSIC tab, you must be sure you have clicked the "Sync Music" checkbox at the top of the page.

If you have more than 80 GB of music, you will need to choose playlists of music to sync. Otherwise you can choose to sync your entire library.

Apple's web page and the HELP section of iTunes cover syncing and restoring quite thoroughly, by the way.