Studying In Bangkok As A Farang

Hi, I'm not sure what forum I am suppose to post this question.....

I am currently living and teaching in Bangkok. I have a B.Sc degree and would like to study while teaching here. Ideally I would like to study something in the field of education so if anyone has done this before or can recommend where to start my enquiry I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I'm studying for an MA in Philosophy at ABAC. The lecturers in my program are about 50% international 50% Thai. The program is decent -- but philosophy is a relatively small field internationally, so the reputation of the faculty is more important than the reputation of the university. Not so for education, I'd say, though ABAC also has a M.Ed. program. I wouldn't do it. Another issue: ABAC's concept of "customer service" is laughable when its not insulting.

For the field of education, you might be better off with an online degree. As an American, I like the one at St. Joseph's College of Maine. You'll have to Google it because I'm not allowed to post urls here.

A former colleague of mine went for an Education master's on the weekends, I believe he said it was Buffalo State University -- just don't say it too loud around the Thais. :)

If you want the degree to have a chance of meaning something outside of the ASEAN region, you'll have to stick with one of the big three: Chula, Thammasat, or Mahidol. All three have international programs and education degrees.

I can only speak for Thammasat, as I know someone who is taking a Master's in TEFL, if that's what you want. Their International Relations program is also great, if you decide that you don't want an education degree.