Just looking for a little advice from somebody who has recently acquired a work permit. Working in the private sector my perspective boss has asked me to sort this out. I understand the process for making a visa application eg. introductory letter on headed paper etc. but is there anything I have missed.

A friend working for an oil company recently got refused at Vientiane and was given a list which contained 6 items that where required. Unfortunately he cannot find this list, does anybody know what these six items are.

Can somebody please list for me everything (including photos and size, photocopies etc) that I will need to be successful. I keep hearing that the goalposts are moved regularly...... HELP

To apply for a non-B in Asia you would need to have submitted your work permit application at the labour office and have a WP3 receipt to proof that. Other requirement is that you have a letter from your employer asking for a visa for you.

When applying in Perth, Australia the letter from your future employer will be enough.