Question

phomsanuk

I watched a celebration for the King today and don't understand what the attendees are doing with circling the candle 3 times in front of they're faces and then waving away over it, can someone enlighten me about that and other mysterious parts of the occasion.

The candle's flame is thought to be able to draw out negative energy from the person who is making the circle motions. The procedure is to make three circles with the candle as you hold it in front of yourself at about chest level while focusing or visualizing that it is drawing out all the negative energy from your body. As a lot of things in Buddhism are done in threes, three circles would be a proper number of times to do this. Then the person needs to chase the collected negative energy away by waving it away from the candle and his/her body.

The end result is a feeling of having dumped all or most of your negative energy.

BB

barnicalebob

r u serious?

so u r inferring that the entire royal family members whenever they gathered for an official ceremony,

their sole intention of circling the white candles three times and waving their right palms outward....

meant as you said.... to gather negative energy and to dispell it outward....?

did your thai wife enlighten you to that....? :)

i'll ask my pretty wife tomorrow morning and see.... what she says.... :D