Mitsubishi Electric Meter

Singha Gold

I wonder if any of you guys can help me? I am currently having real issues with the electricity bills I am recieving through my landlord. He is trying to maintain that a single guy living in a 2 bedroom house is capable of using 9000+ Baht per month - without air con (None installed).

I finally got to see my meter today and I have a question. Is the number in the picture below 79800 or 7980.0?

I thought maybe someone out there may have the same Mitsubishi meter as myself.

Thanks in advance,

SG.

img0315yj.jpg

Moving to DIY where the electric gurus hang out.

My first observation, are you sure that's "your" meter, that's a 3-phase 120A supply suitable for a small factory or a block of small apartments.

Can you access the meter without the landlord so you can carry out the isolation tests without him being able to turn off any vampire loads?

BTW. The meter reading is 7979.98

My first observation, are you sure that's "your" meter, that's a 3-phase 120A supply suitable for a small factory or a block of small apartments.

Can you access the meter without the landlord so you can carry out the isolation tests without him being able to turn off any vampire loads?

Thanks for all your responses and for moving this to the correct forum.

This is "my" meter. Every apartment has their own one of these. I can now get in there no problems, so I will maybe watch the wheel for 40 revs and see which dial ticks up 1KWH. I have already tried throwing the breaker switch and there is no vampire load. I think it's just a case of them thinking I have use 1500 units instead of 150. They read it as 79,799.

This being the LOScams anything is possible.

Where does you electricity bill come from the landlord or the electric company?

I doubt if you are using more than 300 units per month, probably 200 or less.

Whats written in your rental agreement for water and electric costs.

You are being ripped off by your landlord charging you at least 30 baht per unit for electric that costs about 3 baht per unit.

Ask you neighbours how much they are paying each month.

Even the great Naam in his palacial residence probably struggles to reach 9,000 baht per month.

Move and let the b*****d know why you are moving, wont prevent him ripping off the next victim.

Only other thing I can think of, is how many freeloaders are you supporting?

I almost couldn't believe this thread, I have been dealing with a similar issue today. My electric bill was about 13,000 Bt which I know to be utter crap.

I told them I don't believe it as I paid them the invoice and I will fully investigate this charge by running my own meter tests.

They unlocked the door which holds the meters on my floor of the apartment building and I told them I will run a series of tests over the next 10 days every hour / few hours with different air conditioners turned on and off.

In response to this they said that maybe they read it incorrectly and if there is a discrepancy they will refund the difference no problem.

Run your own tests hourly, your meter is definitely showing 1/10 KW/h as the last number so it looks like they are definitely scamming you.

I suspect they are using this for 'plausible deniability' which gives them a face saving 'get out', of course this is bullshit, I suggest you talk to someone else in the same building and ask them about their meter and electric bills and then confront them with the evidence.

Once they know you are onto them they should back down.

I'll add to this - I was charged about 3000 for March which I didn't bother to query even though I was here for barely two weeks so it appears they have done this to me before. I think this gave them the idea I was a pushover who had so much money I wouldn't notice. How wrong they were, it was funny to see them scrambling around double checking things once I had caught them.

I think you need to check and double check everything here to make sure you are not being ripped off, if you don't do that you will be scammed.

Demand they fix this now !

Edited by ukrules

This is a good point - my meter is a 'three phase four wire meter', there are four in the cupboard containing them - one for each apartment on the floor and they are all the same.

Any idea why they use these meters - it's obviously not a three phase electricity supply to my apartment, I'm not an electrician so don't know so much about it.

You are being scammed. We've had posts like this before. If it's 'his' meter and not the electricity companies 'main' property meter it is calibrated to make money from you. :) Good luck.

Please switch everything off, even the main switch!! Look at your meter, if it's still running. I'm pretty sure you're paying for your neighbor(s). Happened to me before.

My electricity bill right now is about 1,800 baht, two PC's, TV, Air, Receiver, Fans, and so on.

Without Air only 600-700 baht !!!

Don't let them rip you off. Good Luck, Chuck.

Thanks for all your responses and for moving this to the correct forum.

This is "my" meter. Every apartment has their own one of these. I can now get in there no problems, so I will maybe watch the wheel for 40 revs and see which dial ticks up 1KWH. I have already tried throwing the breaker switch and there is no vampire load. I think it's just a case of them thinking I have use 1500 units instead of 150. They read it as 79,799.

they made a mistake i think its that simple. go explain it to them. without air no way is a single guy going to crack up a 9000 baht bill. you shud get a thai friend involved and let the thai negotiate with the thai. also ask yr neighbors what they think they will help u and it also alerts them to the problem they may face in the future good luck

Sorry to hear of this problem. I hope you can resolve easily. Just curious,,,,,I think I have read the whole posting and I don't see any mention of the number of kwh the invoice is based on? You show us the reading but maybe I missed it but I do not see what the previous reading was?

If you get the actual PEA/MEA invoice it should show the beginning and ending meter readings

This being the LOScams anything is possible.

Where does you electricity bill come from the landlord or the electric company?

I doubt if you are using more than 300 units per month, probably 200 or less.

Whats written in your rental agreement for water and electric costs.

You are being ripped off by your landlord charging you at least 30 baht per unit for electric that costs about 3 baht per unit.

Ask you neighbours how much they are paying each month.

Even the great Naam in his palacial residence probably struggles to reach 9,000 baht per month.

Move and let the b*****d know why you are moving, wont prevent him ripping off the next victim.

Only other thing I can think of, is how many freeloaders are you supporting?

no struggling. my last electricity bill (march 21 till april 20) was 13,250 Baht and i expect the next bill to exceed 14,000 Baht :)

Been wondering about this myself. Before moving, had 2 small places running one for about 600 baht/mo, and the second about 800 baht per month.

Now have all the same appliances in one location and running 3,000 to 4,000 per month.

I've tried to think what might have changed. Now using a 280 watt water pump. Also, have dishwasher now, but didn't really use it hardly at all when first moved here, and now using it more, but bill doesn't seem to change.