Glasses For Cheap In Bangkok?

elai

I want to purchase a set of prescription sunglasses while I'm here in Bangkok. Some casual browsing around had me very surprised at the prices. Online at a place like zenni optical I could get a memory titanium frame with a high prescription and a tint for $35/40 USD (1000 Baht) here the frames seem to start at US prices. Is there anywhere in Bangkok that sells for those prices? I don't care about brand name frames.

Go to China Town and check out the glasses stores.Pick out your glasses/frames and you can buy a few pairs.Then pop into the glasses shop and get them to fit your lens.The whole thing should cost about 400baht a pair done that way.You can get sunglasses/frames from 39 baht and they are a reasonable quality.

I have been using mine now for about 4 years and still going strong.

Good luck to you

The days when there was a price advantage seem to have gone. In April I bought a pair of varifocal lenses to replace some scratched ones in my newish frames and was set back just under 14K baht in Top Charoen. I don't think they'd cost any more at home.

Edited by citizen33

The days when there was a price advantage seem to have gone. In April I bought a pair of varifocal lenses to replace some scratched ones in my newish frames and was set back just under 14K baht in Top Charoen. I don't think they'd cost any more at home.

I was only thinking today does anyone actually buy glasss here I never see anyone in their stores just keep opening new stores next to another one as do the dentists. Their glasses are far overpriced I purchase mine online from reputable optomerist have been for years at a quarter of the cost and delivery is quick and reliable just one example DKNY glasses were $100.00 U.S - here 8000 baht.

Try 'Frames Direct' online.

When I went to Top Charoen I noticed that another expat purchasing glasses was working on getting a discount. So then I asked for a discount on the glasses I wanted and the price went from 9K down to 6K. I never would have thought of asking for a discount

Mark

I didn't find them to be any cheaper than Australia. Just bought myself 2 pairs here in Cambodia for a grand total of $80. Couldn't decide which of the two I wanted until I found out the price and thought I might as well get a spare, 'cos it's only a matter of time before I lose them. At $40 a pair, losing them won't hurt quite so much.