Fish Farming

Hello.

I'm looking to start a fish farming business here in Thailand. I am rather experienced in Shrimp farming from some business experience gained during a few years in Vietnam. I am not sure if I wish to pursue shrimp farming or talapia fish farming, does anyone have some experience or comments to add regarding this in Thailand?

I am married to a thail citizen so purchasing or even leasing the land facilities is easy. I'd also be interested in purchasing an existing business if one was available.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

Cheers

ThaiFishing :)

Just look through the back threads in the farming section and you will find a few members that are avid fish farmers where you should be able to find some valuable information at least for tilapia and catfish. Good luck

I spent several years living in the Nakorn Pathom/Suphan Buri area. The area has many shrimp farms. Those interested should go take a look. A close Thai friend has both shrimp and fish. His a hobby more than a business but would probably be about the size someone starting up would go for. Find a farm and go ask the questions.

post-95066-1273779756_thumb.jpg

post-95066-1273779775_thumb.jpg

Hello cshort64,

we have a fish farm near Khon Kaen.We raise in the moment different kind of fish.

We have in the moment 10 cages in the river, 10 concrete ponds 22qm3, and 2 soil ponds each around 440 qm3.12 soil ponds are on the way, means planned and 10 more cages are planned.

I was working on it 2.5 years, but now i have to work again outside of Thailand, because the profit is in the moment to low.From my experience meanwhile the size what i planned will make a monthly profit between 70 000 - 120 000 Baht.In the middle we make in the moment around 20 000 Baht profit, far to low.

We are direkt near a river.It's a nice location, no direkt neighbours.

The size of the land is around 8 Rai, but we have in the moment only 5.5 Rai as chanot.There is more around.We have a extruder as well.

If you are intrested send me a Mail.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

I to am interested in knowing a little more about farming cat-fish.

(Just to clarify, those BBQ'd, salted fish on a stick are cat-fish, right?)

Can anyone tell me, is there profit in it, even at 'low' times of economy?

Does it cost much to set up?

Any info is appreciated..

(I havent been able to find much in previous posts..)

I to am interested in knowing a little more about farming cat-fish.

(Just to clarify, those BBQ'd, salted fish on a stick are cat-fish, right?)

Can anyone tell me, is there profit in it, even at 'low' times of economy?

Does it cost much to set up?

Any info is appreciated..

(I havent been able to find much in previous posts..)