Any Info. As To Why Bloomberg Is Gone ?

allane

Check the many threads on the subject of DSTV on this forum. It has already been discussed many times. The short version is that Sophon get many (most?) of their channels from DSTV (South Africa) and they are gradually shutting down transmissions that can be received in Thailand. Bloomberg is just one of the many channels that will disappear or have gone already. Maybe one day they will find another source for the feed, who knows.

Check out their website as an alternative, which contains written news along with audio and video downloads and streaming that basically makes broadcast television the equivalent of the dinosaurs.

Check it out sometime :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

I have PCTV in Sattahip, which I believe is the same company as Sophon in Pattaya, and Bloomberg disappeared from it about a month ago. Sorry, looks like it is permanent. Bloomberg is available streaming on line, but I realize that is not as nice to watch.

Edited by Bobr

Check out their website as an alternative, which contains written news along with audio and video downloads and streaming that basically makes broadcast television the equivalent of the dinosaurs.

Do you have a link?

Sophon in Pattaya doesn't seem to want English speaking business. In the six months I had Sophon, they dropped several English channels. I switched to True, not that it's any better, but at least I'm not losing channels.

Reading all the comments, then how come Hua Hin has Bloomberg and Reality TV etc yesterday 8th May on Cable TV?

Do you have a link?

Check the many threads on the subject of DSTV on this forum. It has already been discussed many times. The short version is that Sophon get many (most?) of their channels from DSTV (South Africa) and they are gradually shutting down transmissions that can be received in Thailand. Bloomberg is just one of the many channels that will disappear or have gone already. Maybe one day they will find another source for the feed, who knows.
Edited by Pdavies99

Check it out sometime :D

Do you have a link?

Umm...let me think about this one...maybe www.Bloomberg.com :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

About a week ago, the manager of the building I live in sent out an eMail re: Bloomberg. She was in touch with Sophon and said the Sophon technicians were working on restoring it, but alas, it still hasn't happened.

Here's the name and eMail address for the Sophon Vice President -- his English is good and he's normally responsive. Maybe a few polite messages from Bloomberg fans would rattle their cage.

Ratthakij Hengtrakool

[email protected]

About a week ago, the manager of the building I live in sent out an eMail re: Bloomberg. She was in touch with Sophon and said the Sophon technicians were working on restoring it, but alas, it still hasn't happened.

Sophon said the same thing about MNET a year ago, about CNN two years ago,

about Star World three years ago, and so on. None of those channels reappeared

and, I suspect, Bloomberg is gone for good as well.

SOPHON's Reply

Hi Mr.Paul

1. We are now fixing the sound problem on channel 2. It'll be better as soon as possible.

2. We have problem receiving the signal of Reality and Bloomberg channel.

This problem is being fixed and I'm sure we can bring the Bloomberg back next week but

the Reality might need more time because it's normally on almost the end of the range which is channel 61.

We are working hard to catch it back.

3. We are building a new infrastructure to expand the channel to 120. So, you will see a lot more movie channels

soon.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

quote name='Phil Conners' date='2010-05-09 13:10:24' post='3580163']

Edited by Pdavies99

Sophon in Pattaya doesn't seem to want English speaking business. In the six months I had Sophon, they dropped several English channels. I switched to True, not that it's any better, but at least I'm not losing channels.

Wait wait...some yrs ago they kicked out a few foreign channels and replaced it by Thai Luktung music....

TV offers in LOS is not up to the standard.

I have lost Bloomberg at my Pats place, at least I don't have to watch endless loop repeats over the weekend of crummy US interviews. Or even worse as they advertise Bloomberg while you are already watching Bloomberg!! - it drives (it drove..) me bonkers!

• 4 months later...

Bloomberg is no longer on WeTV, Chiang Mai. It is a free to air channel, so I don't know what the deal is. You can just watch it with broadband, as mentioned earlier. Also, you can watch CNBC online for 9.95 per month USD. Bloomberg is much more balanced, and you rarely see Mike the Midget.