Last Night Casualty

Last night 00:46 local Bangkok time, I passed through security point 2 and just beyond the screening there was a guy collapased being given emergency resus (pumping heart) did not look good lots of people gawping, many places a screen would have been put up... hope the guy made it - I was late after a tearful goodbye as normal

I've been inside the airport when a person collapsed and it took over 20 mins for airport staff to "allow" the Samitivej clinic Dr into the restricted zone because their boss wasn't there to approve the doctor's entry into the secured zone. Pity your poor bloke Silverdales.

:D

As some other posters here said....no time to worry about screens and such. Start CPR as soon as you can and keep going until a EMT/doctor/CPR qualified rescue worker arrives and:

1. the EMT/doctor/rescue worker takes over.

2. or tells you the person is dead

3. or you are physically unable (due to exhaustion) to keep going with CPR, and no one is there that can continue it.

At least that's what they taught us.

:)

P.S. True story. About 4 years ago now I was in a hospital in Greece, in the emergency room. I was being treated, and they were waiting to get me a room to be admited. While I was waiting, a Greek who had been injured in a work accident was brought in, His hand had been caught in some kind of machine and partially crushed. He was on a gurney, about 4 feet from me. The doctor in the emergency room amputated one of his fingers right there. I chickened out, I turned my head away when that guy's finger was amputated. No screens used.

:D