Today Was The Hottest Day Of The Year

iainiain101

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advise Rasseru, but not many of us here have bath tubs.

During the day, I 'self songkran' myself several times. In this heat, all I wear is t shirt and boxer shorts and walk around the house dripping. Wife complains that i'm dripping, but I say it evaporates on the floors in minutes. Wearing a wet hat cools if I'm going out in the sun.

Yeah.......HOT!!!!

Well, if no bath, my last suggestion is a non-starter, of course.

But here is another one, along the lines of your self-songkran. Get bare naked, or as close thereto as possible in the circumstances. Find a thin-ish sort of towel, not too big. Immerse it in cold water, then wring it out. Direct a fan or two at a location where you can lie down comfortably. Lie down . . . comfortably, of course . . . and place the towel over your body, especially your torso. Feel blissful as the fan evaporates the water in the towel and cools your body. Repeat as necessary. : )

And take pictures! :)

Bathtubs by the way are a blessing, especially also in the cool season, when equipped with a powerful enough water heater.

At least we're seeing proper seasons this year in Chiang Mai.. First cold enough that some of the shower units around the house couldn't really cope, now so hot that water comes out warmer than it did with the electric shower on full blast in the cold season!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Coconut water is great for natural electrolytes and a bunch of other health related things - tastes good too!

been buying young coconut drink a few times a week and it seems to do the job, sure beats drinking water everyday

our bathroom is located on the east side of the house and with all the tiling in there, it would be the coolest part of the house. I might just relocate my computer, and office in there :)

ThroneComputer.jpg