Low Exchange Rates 800k Retirerment Visa

Whats the best advice i am 59 yrs. old, lived here 5 years now from U.K. LAST 5 Years i have always had sufficent funds from Pension and funds in bank acc. But this year its going to be difficult with the pound so low and not many funds in the Bank .I have been married to my THai wife for 10 yrs. and we have 2 children. is it best i switch to a married to thai wife visa and whats the proceider as i know that i only need 400k income my renewal comes up end of June

If you can not meet retirement that would be your obvious option - will have to have wife and her ID card/home register and photos together and likely a visit to confirm you live together and will take two trips to Immigration but just a few more photo copies and the wife basically.

I had the same same problem as you spektrum, switched to marrige extension last year, not difficult but also not easy, proof of income, wifes id, Tabien Bahn etc, photos of home and marriage, we paid for a home visit by immigration, 3k Baht, a Captain and 3 Sarn't Majors from immigration, stayed for 3 hours, looked at all the wedding photos, walked around the land and home, many questions, depositions from 2 of our neighbours etc etc, apparently this is now not necessary. Good luck mate.

I had the same same problem as you spektrum, switched to marrige extension last year, not difficult but also not easy, proof of income, wifes id, Tabien Bahn etc, photos of home and marriage, we paid for a home visit by immigration, 3k Baht, a Captain and 3 Sarn't Majors from immigration, stayed for 3 hours, looked at all the wedding photos, walked around the land and home, many questions, depositions from 2 of our neighbours etc etc, apparently this is now not necessary. Good luck mate.

You call that a visit from Immigration? I'd call it a full scale home invasion.

If you can not meet retirement that would be your obvious option - will have to have wife and her ID card/home register and photos together and likely a visit to confirm you live together and will take two trips to Immigration but just a few more photo copies and the wife basically.

Thanks for the advice it has taken some of the anciety away

I read about this rule 7.17/5

Something along the lines of a person over 50yrs of age can apply for an extension based on a Thai child supporting their parent, with no financial requirement as in other extension types.

Perhaps its out of date. Anybody clarify? The link I had is definately out of date - 404 error!