Just Heard An Explosion By The Moat(?

rikki

Transformer?

dunno, was very loud.

I dont know what a bomb or a grenade sounds like but I don;t know what else it could've been

paranoia creeping in I guess

10 minutes later,I've heard no sirens so I guess everythings OK

Transformer?

dunno, was very loud.

I dont know what a bomb or a grenade sounds like but I don;t know what else it could've been

anyway,whats a transformer?

I was watching out the window one stormy night when the electric pole/wires got hit by lightning

about 25yards away,smashed the brown ceramic plates,sounded like a big telly being smashed up

kjhbigv

re .... Firework?

thai firework bangs usually come in 5 s ... 10 s or more .... NOT in ones

as i heard and the op when i got home tonight in the south east corner of the moat @ 11 06 !

see pic ... dave2

Heard it just now, sounded too loud for a transformer.

Pretty loud for a firework. Just one very big bang.

an exploding transformer is louder though. The weather is an ideal for these kind of things to happen.

We've had electrical power transformers near our university facility blow several different times. Trust me, they can be much louder then a grenade (Yes, know what a grenade sounds like from time in the military). Loud enough that sometimes I have to get peeled off the ceiling and the windows rattling and building vibrating from the shock wave. :)

With this heat and lot more air conditioners running it's a real possibility of an overload.

I was in Nuchs bar, in the shadow of Le Meridian (sp). It sounded like an expensive firework, and it was close enough I thought someone had thrown it out of one of the hotel windows. It triggered 4-5 car alarms, but really didn't worry anyone too much after the first few seconds. I really believe it was just a firework "bomb". It was kind of unusual there was only one of them.

My guess is a transformer blowing out, but that is only a guess. I also heard it from Moon Muang, it made everybody in the bar jump. It was definitely too loud for an engine backfire, gunshot, or anything like that. If there had been more explosions I would guess fireworks, though it seemed loud for fireworks. The absence of sirens leads me to conclude it wasn't a bomb, so by process of elimination I'm guessing a transformer, which can definitely sound like a bomb. Anyone in the affected area would be without power, which would make answering this post difficult, assuming any of them are TV members.

I was right there and all my family jumped out of fright thinking it was some sort of bomb. Just after 11pm when everyone from the Sunday Market was packing up... I had no idea the Sunday market was so HUGE now.

Anyway I saw fireworks, yet the Bang was huge and not normal, so I think they added a bit too much powder.

I went to see if anyone was hurt but it looks like the guys must of taken off in a hurry.

Some thais said they saw group of teens and they let off one hel_l of a Bang! :)

I was right there and all my family jumped out of fright thinking it was some sort of bomb. Just after 11pm when everyone from the Sunday Market was packing up... I had no idea the Sunday market was so HUGE now.

Anyway I saw fireworks, yet the Bang was huge and not normal, so I think they added a bit too much powder.

I went to see if anyone was hurt but it looks like the guys must of taken off in a hurry.

Some thais said they saw group of teens and they let off one hel_l of a Bang! :)

That was from a MASSIVE firework in the Sunday Market? If so, it was very irresponsible. I hope no one was hurt.

Ya i heard it from the Lost Hut on Moon Muang Soi 1. It seemed loud for a firecracker but could have been a real serious banger I guess. Sounded like it came from Tapae direction but I didn't see anything in the sky and didn't hear anything afterwards like sirens or more explosions.

Fat old Farang, farting.

Probably just eaten a spicy prawn ball curry followed by a gut full of beer Chang.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Once had car near me make a very very loud bang outside CM, turned out they had just had the AC serviced and something went wrong with it making one of the hoses to the compressor explode.

Transformer?

dunno, was very loud.

..why not go outside and have a wee look..

..the Prince is in town..probably him..sorry for him as the new Uni students do let off fireworks around the town..

Heard it as well from my hotel on Loi Kroh. Sometime around 11:PM, and it was much louder than fireworks. It may have been a transformer, never been that close to one blowing to compare, but it was definitely louder than some run of the mill fireworks.