Bkk Arivial Hall Doors Exits

Not sure where exactly the metered taxis are waiting, but why not work up one floor to the departure section and take a taxi there? Save you 50 Baht airport charge and don't have to line up while you wait for your taxi paper

lift up to level 4(Departures), ATM´s opposite Thai Airways check in.

Then walk out and take a taxi which just loaded off his departing customers.

not sure if there is a 12 call shop in the airport, but the next 7/11 will have.

I travel through the airport about 3 times a year and even I sometimes get confused by the constantly changing taxi options.

Best advice I would give to a BKK virgin is to follow the PUBLIC TAXI signs and queue up at a PUBLIC TAXI desk to get the piece of paper with your destination on it, that you give to a meter taxi that uses a meter. Agree to pay toll-way dues and pay the 50 baht extra at the end of the journey. Ignore ALL other taxi signs, taxi offers, taxi desks, limo desks, touts etc.

Not sure where exactly the metered taxis are waiting, but why not work up one floor to the departure section and take a taxi there? Save you 50 Baht airport charge and don't have to line up while you wait for your taxi paper

I've always done this, but last month I went up to the departure level, and every taxi driver I hailed told me they would charge me 50 extra baht for picking me up at the departure level. They're onto you, and they've figured out a way to fleece the traveler (again).

Not so long ago we had a distraught poster who had lost his prized PC with all its' treasured contents.

What happened?

He had taken a taxi from Departures and had left his PC inside on exiting the taxi. So, no record of name/number etc. Was in absolute despair but with no way to trace the taxi.

All for the sake of saving Bt50 (maybe no saving now, per toptuan).

As for me. On every arrival I go straight for the Public Taxis. Normally no waiting ( one 15min wait about 20 trips back). I head off to Pattaya having reduced the Bt1,500 request down to Bt1,300 with me paying the tolls (Bt60).

Abolutely no hassle.

Yes, there are cheaper ways (relying on prebooked - usually OK, given my past experience, but the last time I was delayed - couldn't find the driver (had an excuse, but I was not interested in hearing it), I changed to Public Taxi. Has worked out just fine.

As they say - up to you!!

• 2 months later...

OP >I remember there are 3 exits, can anyone confirm for me the middle door #2 or is it B that has the purple Siam Commercial bank ATM and the AIS 12Call sim card counters?

The Taxi Meter, that in front of gate #3 correct?

Thx <

Nobody answered the OP.

I am in a similar quest for information. I'm picking up someone coming in on a thai Air flight from New Zealand. I want to give them instructions on which door to exit from the hall where the luggage is collected, then on exiting that door to turn right or left, to meet me. Last time I did that, it was impossible to get close enough to those doors to see people coming out and to know if they'd turn right or left. Getting from one side to the other in the arrival hall can be very daunting.

So, is the middle Exit door after customs "2" or B?

OP >I remember there are 3 exits, can anyone confirm for me the middle door #2 or is it B that has the purple Siam Commercial bank ATM and the AIS 12Call sim card counters?

The Taxi Meter, that in front of gate #3 correct?

Thx <

Nobody answered the OP.

I am in a similar quest for information. I'm picking up someone coming in on a thai Air flight from New Zealand. I want to give them instructions on which door to exit from the hall where the luggage is collected, then on exiting that door to turn right or left, to meet me. Last time I did that, it was impossible to get close enough to those doors to see people coming out and to know if they'd turn right or left. Getting from one side to the other in the arrival hall can be very daunting.

So, is the middle Exit door after customs "2" or B?

No matter from which arrival hall you come, the meeting point for EVERYONE is at door nr. 3

Hope to have helped

yermanee

For the OP and Kees5; it doesn't matter what 'door' they exit from baggage claim as it will be the one closest to whatever baggage carousel their bags turn up on and THAT is a combination of airport imponderables and human nature! Either way, they BOTH require the passenger to turn RIGHT and head for the Meeting Point at Gate 3, just that 'door' B (the middle one) makes for a shorter walk. You can ask your friends to try and make sure they use B but it's not so obviously marked for the arriving newbie. There's no public access any closer to the Arrivals 'doors' unless you have an airport pass or have managed to fool one of the security guards on the next level up to allow you to go down the inclinator/escalator (the lifts at that end don't allow you to stop at the Arrivals level).

The 'doors' from international baggage claim are labeled B and C (A is domestic). B is opposite airport entrance door 5 & 6 and C is opposite entrance door 7 & 8.