Boy Air And Sound - Pattaya

been putting a new stereo in my pick-up, phase one was Pioneer deck, Alpine amp and alpine coaxial's all round....bonza, worked a treat.

The thirst for bass set in, I purchase a mono block amp and 2 subs, Built the box myself and wired it all, happy days, it cranked hard........... for two days !!

Managed to pull the spiders from the frames, both subs dead.

Dropped in there tonight on my way home from work, showed em...... both subs replaced for free (with better ones) and 2 hours of tuning......all for free.

Considering Im not a "qualified" installer I "technically" voided any kind of warranty by fitting it myself, no probs at all, infact they were impressed with the sub box I built !!!

Kudo's to em, I appreciate shops that recognize that shit just dies, can look at the install (quality of) and just replace for free, they didn't need to, but they did.

Big thumbs up from me.

As for as I'm concerned they did little more than you'd have expected from any reputable dealer - which is fine -

but.....

I needed an ipod compatible deck and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

they then tried to sell me an adapter on top of the unit - an extra 4900 baht - totally unnecessary.

i got the player in Sri Racha and about 10% cheaper - fitted of course.

As for as I'm concerned they did little more than you'd have expected from any reputable dealer - which is fine -

but.....

I needed an ipod compatible deck and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

they then tried to sell me an adapter on top of the unit - an extra 4900 baht - totally unnecessary.

i got the player in Sri Racha and about 10% cheaper - fitted of course.

Not at all, If I blew up to subs I installed in Australia they would have pulled not fitted by a licenced installer <deleted> and would have told me to sling it.

As for your Ipod compatible deck, the pioneer I purchased for 5500 comes with the cables/interface, did you talk to the guy who owns the place, hes the one who speaks english.

Thank Buddha Ive moved out of Pattaya.

Thank Buddha one less whinging old git to put up with, pension money no longer sustaining your meagre lifestyle ???

So true, now not only are the brain dead Thais making a dreadful racket, but their farang counterparts are too!!

Its 2 10's in the cabin, slighty different to a pick-up bed full of em, hows ya grammaphone going these days ???

Edited by Spoonman

Actually mate not so - I've had had a lot of dealings with this sort of thing in Oz, Europe and Asia- and Thailand stands out as the worrst offender all-round.

please don't bother with "would haves" as mine is direct real experience, not just of mine but others too.

Edited by Deeral

Deeral, in a past life I built sub boxes for a Strathfield car radio franchise store in Australia, I know how people are treated when it comes to warranty claims in regards to fitment, the company line was... not fitted by a pro= no warranty.

All major car audio stores in OZ follow the same principle.

How does my "would have" experience compare to yours, considering I was a fitter ????

Everyone is a PRO yeah..................................................

would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on ???

Anything installed/wired by someone who is not "qualified" voids the warranty, no if's no but's, meh your the advisor though............ what is an advisor ??

would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on ???

Anything installed/wired by someone who is not "qualified" voids the warranty, no if's no but's, meh your the advisor though............ what is an advisor ??

So far as i understand a advisor is not a lawyer. Anyway, in LOS the clockes turns the other way. As a farang customer you would have no chance to sue a Tha business man. BTW i must laughig. Do you need really a licese to fit in stereos in Australia?

I'm en Auto Electrical Engineer from Switzerland and i never heart about a license to fit in Stereos.

Not a licence per se, Its a trick the audio shops will pull, they consider thier staff to be qualified fitters and the average Joe home installer to not be, he melts the gear they wont come to the party.

Warranties are usually not worth the paper they are written on! - Especially "get-out clauses that are inserted by the company.

I loved Oz - they have bits of paper for everything - it's bureaucracy gone madd in triplicate - but they have a functioning legal system and reasonable consumer laws - I won't list the companies that paid out - usually before going to court - I've even had some success in Thailand (HP amongst others)with this type of crappolata - people who think that a piece of paper can protect them from giving a fair deal

Edited by Deeral

• 5 months later...

6 months later another Sub replaced for free, there is an issue with the amp which may be the cause this time round, they dont have an amp in stock so are getting another in tomorrow to be swapped in for free on Saturday.....