+40 In Bangkok! No Joke, But Fact, It Happened Today!

Thunder26

Today, 10th May has been the hottest in 5 years I have been here, the local weather station in Bangkok Metropolitan has registered +39,7, which is the highest temperature in decade. Some weather stations in Bangkok witnessed temperatures above +40. Conclusion to this temperatures is simple, when is going to rain, it's going to rain like hel_l, let's wait and see.

Check this website:

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48455

Edited by Thunder26

It didn't seem many hotter than normal in Bangkok to me today. Then again I find it quite annoying when it's pretty hot out there which is every day !

I didn't feel hotter either, it is because of humidity which was lower, I felt much hotter on the 9th when the temperatures were slightly lower but the feeling of the heat was almost unbearable. The hot feeling depends on many things, like eaten food, drunk beverages, sleep, they do have a say the way you feel.

Edited by Thunder26

Someone said it was around 40 at Khon Kaen A couple of days ago ,over 105,I'd stay inside all day.

Went to Korat the other day on my motorbike, pulled in at my normal P stop ptt, german guy walks by and asks are you not hot, it`s over 44 degrees now, na, mia pen ria....

Someone said it was around 40 at Khon Kaen A couple of days ago ,over 105,I'd stay inside all day.

Went to Korat the other day on my motorbike, pulled in at my normal P stop ptt, german guy walks by and asks are you not hot, it`s over 44 degrees now, na, mia pen ria....

Your life seems more exiting then mine, nothing ever happen to me :)

You think it's hot now?

Just wait until the summer comes.

I thought april/may is summer here,the sun is at its higgest point in this equinox,then it moves to its high point over UK/europe in june/july,august when its supposedly summer there.Either its bloody hot now.From the met.man :)

You think it's hot now?

I thought april/may is summer here,the sun is at its higgest point in this equinox,then it moves to its high point over UK/europe in june/july,august when its supposedly summer there.Either its bloody hot now.From the met.man :)

You didn't pay attention in school did you?

Thailand is in the northern hemisphere. It is summer everywhere in the NH at the same time and the height of the sun same.

At its highest point in this equinox? You don't know what equinox means do you? The spring and autumn equinox are on the 21st of March and 21st of September. Its when day and night are the same length. It is also the same in Thailand as in Europe.

Anyway, 40 is pretty f*kkin hot for BKK. Even makes Thai people complain about the heat.

Those poor women and children at Ratchprasong.

You think it's hot now?

You didn't pay attention in school did you?

Thailand is in the northern hemisphere. It is summer everywhere in the NH at the same time and the height of the sun same.

At its highest point in this equinox? You don't know what equinox means do you? The spring and autumn equinox are on the 21st of March and 21st of September. Its when day and night are the same length. It is also the same in Thailand as in Europe.

Anyway, 40 is pretty f*kkin hot for BKK. Even makes Thai people complain about the heat.

Those poor women and children at Ratchprasong.

Ok... now we live in the tropics - so called because for at least one day each year, the sun will be exactly vertically overhead...

And the sun will go overhead here and continue up to the tropic line - tropic of cancer, at which point it will be at the highest point in the sky in places that are further north - which never get it exactly overhead, so yes, Thailand is hottest April - May, the sun is also hottest around august, but its usually rainy so you don't notice the heat as much...