Can She Sell The House I Have A 30 Year Lease On ?

A 30 year lease holds most of the current value of a house, but I seriously doubt that, in reality, you are ever going to realize the whole value of the lease. If you want to recoup some of your investment, then you could 1.) offer to sell the lease and the house as package with a 50-50 or some sort of preset split or 2.) sell the lease to someone in the local power structure - a lawyer, cop, judge or whoever will have the clout to enforce the lease. They could make a decent profit by renting the house out over the next 30 years. Not that either solution will make you whole again, but they might get you a partial recovery.

Edited by Pacificperson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 30 year lease holds most of the current value of a house, but I seriously doubt that, in reality, you are ever going to realize the whole value of the lease. If you want to recoup some of your investment, then you could 1.) offer to sell the lease and the house as package with a 50-50 or some sort of preset split or 2.) sell the lease to someone in the local power structure - a lawyer, cop, judge or whoever will have the clout to enforce the lease. They could make a decent profit by renting the house out over the next 30 years. Not that either solution will make you whole again, but they might get you a partial recovery.

thanks for your advice I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing , My name is on the Chanot as the lessee so this shold hopefully mean she cant just sell the property to anyone as i think they would be stupid to buy it , by the way she wants 80% so i have told her to go to hel_l i offered her 2 million baht not a penny more.