Whats Happened To Coke Zero In Chiang Mai?

PostmanPat

Hi All, OK, I know theres an argument that its no better for you than normal sugared Coke, I happen to prefer the sugar free option, but last few days have tried to buy some big bottles of it in and found there is suddenly none in Makro, Tesco, Big C etc. I managed to pick up a few odd bottles from a few 711s and a petrol station, but bulk supplies as in 12 bottle packs previously in Makro have disappeared.

I know you can get individual cans but they re just not good value compared to the litre bottles.

Does anyone know if as I fear Coke Zeros being withdrawn, or is there some kind of Coca Cola import problem?

Maybe this is another piece in the jigsaw of turning Thailand into a FAT Country, as it is definitely becoming.....the difference now from six years ago is astonishing, little fat kids and pudgy adults are much much more prevalent now!!

How can a Country that has always prided itself on looking good fit and healthy be plunging so rapidly into a fat Country??!!

Any news on Coke Zero gratefully appreciated!!

You seem to addressing two different topics in your post.

For the 'fatties bit' I have no comment.

For Coca Cola please be advised that Coke is manufactored and bottled in Thailand. There are two licensed bottlers, one in the South of Thailand (covering the 14 Southern provinces [Haad Thip]) and one for the rest of Thailand. The rest of Thailand company name escapes me at the moment. :)

.....the difference now from six years ago is astonishing, little fat kids and pudgy adults are much much more prevalent now!!

How can a Country that has always prided itself on looking good fit and healthy be plunging so rapidly into a fat Country??!!

Dunkin Donuts, Mr Donut, Donuts Unlimited, KFC, Swensons, Dohava Donut, Aunty Annie's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, McDonalds, Burger King, Mikes, big portions, TV ads, an entire industry poised to help you lose weight, Dontmissa Donut etc, etc, etc.

And they're just the ones in my street...

I have never drunk Coke, just dont like it, but the sister in law ordered a Coke Zero, and I thought I would Google it as she said it was sugar free and I did not believe her.

It is sugar free, but it is not 'Coke' without sugar. It is an interesting list of chemicals and apperently banned in the USA. Worth a Google...

Iain

It is only banned in Venezuela (for using too much sodium cyclamate), not the USA. :D

Hugo Chavez is getting his own back on the USA - you keep your Coke Zero and we'll keep our oil. :D

7/11's Are usually out of stock for large bottles of both Coke Zero and Pepsi Max.

I have quite a few Thai friends, but none of them seem to drink Coke Zero or Pepsi Max. :)

Why don't you just drink Diet Coke?! Same idea and it tastes better.

Actually when I am outside of Chiang Mai I can never find Diet Coke with ease, only Coke Zero! Annoying!

Just because it tastes better to you doesn't mean it tastes better to the OP, or me. I think Diet Coke is the worst tasting of the the sugar free sodas in Thailand.

The Tesco in Pak Chong is loaded with Cock ZERO but there is no Pepsi MAX for the past two weeks!

^ one other reason spell check is a good thing, not that it would have corrected the above out :)

I think maybe the problem with stocks of Coke Zero is the very low shelf life of the product therefore shops will keep a low stock and so I expect do the bottlers.

Well it certainly seems to have a shelf life of Zero the days.

The Tesco in Pak Chong is loaded with Cock ZERO but there is no Pepsi MAX for the past two weeks!

Thanks...but where is Pak Chong? Is it one of the big Tescos or one of the small Tesco Locals.....Much appreciated. I really need my coke zero in these impossibly hot times!!

Why don't you just drink Diet Coke?! Same idea and it tastes better.

Actually when I am outside of Chiang Mai I can never find Diet Coke with ease, only Coke Zero! Annoying!

Where can you get Diet Coke? Quite like it! But pretty sure I have only seen Coke Zero.

I think if you buy a case or two a week, the CC company will probably deliver it to you if you are not too far out of the way

The only problem I have with D. Coke or Coke Zero, is one edge on the die stamp they use to form the snap top opening seems to be worn out...... you pull the ring and if the ring doesn't snap off the hole only opens on one side and makes for a lousy pour..... I've ruined more pens now punching the remainder of the tops open.

Boy what a problem...... I just don't know what this world is coming to.....

maybe an end..... that why the stock of coke is down.....

Edited by Gonzo the Face