Engine Sliders 1 : Scratches 0

nikster

I inadvertently put the engine sliders on my ER-6n to test today, dropped the bike on the road. Don't ask why - same as all motorbike crashes, stupidity, not paying attention, etc. I was stopped.

I am quite frankly amazed how well they work. This bike is pretty heavy falling on the side. Concrete + bike - It looked like there'd be some serious scratches. But there is nothing, not even the tiniest of scratches. Only the slider is scratched.

I jumped off in time too... rode off with a big grin :)

Good to hear you and the bike were OK.

What about the bar ends, levers, forks and the other usual casualties when a bike is dropped? Do you have sliders or crash bars on other points as well as the engine?

There is one teeny-tiny scratch on the bar end, I just noticed - about 1mm in size. Levers, forks, plastics, and everything else is spotless. I am amazed.

@engrin - bought them at the Kawa dealer Chiang Mai, look exactly like Tony's first link above. They were... I don't really remember I believe less than 2k baht. I recall there were two models, one silver/black, that was cheaper, and one black/black more expensive. I went with the cheaper ones. Don't have rear frame sliders or front axle ones..

Edited by nikster