3bb Internet Service In Cm

scorecard

update.....i have given up on 3bbttnmaxstotwhatevertheirnameis

3bb can't tell me when the system will be back, condo has no idea that 3bb will be adding lines.....so down i went

to panthip plaza office yesterday to close my account. it's already been two months with no service.

the little girl spends 15 minutes paging through my records, tells me i didn't pay for last november or february.

strange, you think that would show up on the bill. fortunately i had all my prior bills and payment receipts.

gotta make copies. you have passport? gotta make copies.

fiiiiiiiinally got to turn in my router, get my 100 baht deposit back. are we all done? yes all is finish.

is my bill complete? no other charges? yes all is finish. we're done? finished? all is finish.

and today i get a bill for 3000 baht for early contract termination.

Great Post!!! :) I suggest that you wait for a while and maybe they'll change thier name again so that you won't have to pay.

i would suggest the new name of 3BM -3 Blind Mice- see how slow we run!! :D

and today i get a bill for 3000 baht for early contract termination.

according to their information leaflet, the charge for breaking the contract is 6K+.

I went in there yesterday to see if a connection was possible at my house. I was asked to draw a map of where my house was, even though I had the address of my house as on my electricity bill. Great system they have!

I was asked to draw a map of where my house was, even though I had the address of my house as on my electricity bill. Great system they have!

That's pretty typical. I've encountered it getting delivery from Big C, Siam Electronics, etc, etc. when I lived in a well known condo!

It took a couple of attempts to get wired up, but it's been all good ever since.

the charge for breaking the contract is 6K+.

breaking the contract....?

i've had no service for two months, and no guarantee as to when the new lines will be installed....if ever.

That's because in Thailand, service providers are unable to break contracts. Only the consumers allegedly break contracts. That's just how it is.

Another thumbs down for 3BB.

TT&T Maxnet premier was excellent for me after I switched to them from the appalling TOT which never worked.Things were great for 2 years and then sadly 3BB came along ...everything about the service is worse ... slow,especially late PM onwards,or not working at all,call centre don't answer calls.

Also, seeing annoying posters everywhere promising 4 meg. We call them jute 4 meg ... 0.4 meg !

About 2 months ago - I dunno - maybe longer, a crew of about 20 guys came to our moobaan and strung all new cables and they also went o every house who had a Maxnet account and put in a new jack side by side with the old one (they made a terrible mess and did a sloppy installation to boot). The guy told us they were waiting for "approval from the government" and that they would call us in about a week or so to let us know when to pull the cable out of the Maxnet jack and insert it into the 3BB jack.

2 months+ later and we never heard a word from them. The jack marked 3BB is now laying on the floor collecting dust...

About 2 months ago - I dunno - maybe longer, a crew of about 20 guys came to our moobaan and strung all new cables and they also went o every house who had a Maxnet account and put in a new jack side by side with the old one (they made a terrible mess and did a sloppy installation to boot). The guy told us they were waiting for "approval from the government" and that they would call us in about a week or so to let us know when to pull the cable out of the Maxnet jack and insert it into the 3BB jack.

2 months+ later and we never heard a word from them. The jack marked 3BB is now laying on the floor collecting dust...

i dont think they will want to install in our moobaan, all wires (phone & electric cables) are underground from the street pole, and i wouldnt want them to string up one from pole to the house across our front yard

im neutral as far as how 3BB is for me. Service is lousy when you do need them, but so far ive had a few occassions to need them, incl that long day outage some time last month? Couldnt get thru their service number. Speeds have been stable for most of the time, maybe its only time.

Edited by Donnyboy

it really doesn't matter which service you use, they're all samesamesame.

they're all great at the beginning with new lines, new equipment, and limited subscribers.

but in the absence of a business plan, they have no idea what to do once internet users

begin to switch providers. within six months they're as bad as the others.

so some 'new' provider pops up, usually one of the old ones, gone bankrupt (taking

the prepaid fees of their subscribers with them), under a new name.

well im hoping there will continue to be new operators in the ISP market

they will need to be cheaper and better to survive, driving down the cost for the consumer, and hopefully deliver better service/speeds

well thats the theory anyway

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (venturalaw @ 2010-05-31 08:57:38) QUOTE (wineaux @ 2010-05-31 07:52:11) I have used 3BB since March with no problems.

Oh. So you're the one! Give it time.

I'm another one.

Likewise, give it time. Having done the complete circuit of CAT, TOT et al i finaly ended up with 3BB. They were great for the first month or so, then the problems started to happen. Each time I phoned there was this really annoying advert that precluded speaking to an operator, that lasted for several minutes and if the operator was still not available I was treated to some equally annoying music and if the operator was still not available as quite often happened, the whole system would do the merry-go-round again leaving me gently frothing at the mouthannoyed.gif. Eventually I would be allowed to speak to an operator who invariably implied there was something wrong with my router, which I assured them was absolutely fine. I would then be advised they would get and engineer onto the problem and sure enough, after some time I would be back on again.

However, over the last month+ 3BB has gone off-line several times each day. I finally lost my cool and asked the nice polite Thai person, "WHAT THE hel_l IS WRONG WITH YOUR USELESS SYSTEM". Who advised me in a nice quiet, polite tone that 3BB have been doing a upgrade over the last two months and should be finished by the end of June 2010. I thanked the operator profusely and apologised for allowing my bad manners to get the better of me after only two months of useless service (sic).

As another commentator said, most of the ISP are equally as bad, but I hope that after this month 3BB will improve considerably and who knows I might even get the 10MB they say is coming, but my only worry is they don't say that I could get it everydayunsure.gif.

Still, I would much rather be here with it's eye-popping politics, power cuts, suicidal drivers and that ever disarming smile, than the good old miserable UK.jap.gif

QUOTE (venturalaw @ 2010-05-31 08:57:38) QUOTE (wineaux @ 2010-05-31 07:52:11) I have used 3BB since March with no problems.

Oh. So you're the one! Give it time.

I'm another one.

Likewise, give it time. Having done the complete circuit of CAT, TOT et al i finaly ended up with 3BB. They were great for the first month or so, then the problems started to happen. Each time I phoned there was this really annoying advert that precluded speaking to an operator, that lasted for several minutes and if the operator was still not available I was treated to some equally annoying music and if the operator was still not available as quite often happened, the whole system would do the merry-go-round again leaving me gently frothing at the mouthannoyed.gif. Eventually I would be allowed to speak to an operator who invariably implied there was something wrong with my router, which I assured them was absolutely fine. I would then be advised they would get and engineer onto the problem and sure enough, after some time I would be back on again.

However, over the last month+ 3BB has gone off-line several times each day. I finally lost my cool and asked the nice polite Thai person, "WHAT THE hel_l IS WRONG WITH YOUR USELESS SYSTEM". Who advised me in a nice quiet, polite tone that 3BB have been doing a upgrade over the last two months and should be finished by the end of June 2010. I thanked the operator profusely and apologised for allowing my bad manners to get the better of me after only two months of useless service (sic).

As another commentator said, most of the ISP are equally as bad, but I hope that after this month 3BB will improve considerably and who knows I might even get the 10MB they say is coming, but my only worry is they don't say that I could get it everydayunsure.gif.

Still, I would much rather be here with it's eye-popping politics, power cuts, suicidal drivers and that ever disarming smile, than the good old miserable UK.jap.gif

your last sentence speaks volumes biggrin.gif

Let me first start off by saying that I have become familiar, and therefore necessarily tolerant, of the common business practice should one require assistance in the LOS - It won't happen anytime soon. That said, my recent run-in with 3BB goes waaaaaaaaayyyyyy beyond the requisite normal jai yen yen . experience.

Two nights ago my internet ceased functioning. The next morning I called 3BB in Bangkok and was told that Chiang Mai would call me back. Two hours later I called again. Same story. So my Thai wife called, and insisted that she be connected to an English speaking supervisor in Chiang Mai. This was our 3rd attempt (it was mid afternoon). When the English speaking drone from Bangkok came to the phone and looked up our records, she stated, sounding quite perturbed, "You have called many times." I naturally said, what should I do? I can't send you an email.

She guaranteed that a supervisor from Chiang Mai would be calling. I waited. Then I called again, asking for the same (I had her name) Bangkok drone. She wasn't in. I was put through to Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai said that the problem was in Bangkok, and I was transferred back to BKK. There a 'Field Supervisor' had me run some tests on my laptop. Then she concluded that "Your problem is in Chiang Mai. I'll have a field supervisor call you from Chiang Mai. This time a person actually called and said that a service person will be out in the morning since it is already almost 5:00 PM. and no one is available.

Next morning, I called at 9:00. They will call us back. In the mean time - no serviceman. My wife called, and had me successfully connected to Chiang Mai. The same supervisor was not available. Then, while I was patiently waiting for a new person to render that special 3BB personal touch, Chiang Mai hung up on me. I called BKK. Spoke to a new English speaking supervisor. She said that she would definitely have a supervisor in Chiang Mai call in "one hour." No problem. Of course that never happened. So I called her back - and, you guessed it - she was unavailable.

Fortunately my wife suddenly recalled, as I was starting to lapse into internet-trauma-meltdown, that she had the mobile number of the last serviceman that rendered internet CPR. She called, he came out, and it worked - at last - for about 2 hours. Then no more. So, we called again that evening (the serviceman of course), and he told us that they are rewiring our mooban, so I need to be patient. It should be finished by the end of THIS month. Before he arrived the second time in 2 days, the internet started working again, then quit, then started again. Mr. Serviceman (AKA SUPERMAN) came in and said that the new wiring will be finished by the end of NEXT month. But he used some other code or something and I have had service - at least long enough to pen this post.

It's no wonder that the subject company frequently changes their name. I'm certain that they may be running from hordes of virulent, internet-withdrawing, frantic farrangs. Bottom line; anyone who wants to experience 3BB (or whatever they may be called by the time I finish this post) must be into self-abuse, or love paying for not having service, or both. In any event, avoid then at all costs, or get use to being cut off from the world.

Cheers

I had the same problem with no internet service for about a week. Called 3BB at least twice a day and the promise of return calls never came so l asked to speak to a director and within 4 hours an engineer called at my house to say that the problem was a TT&T problem as the telephone link was broken despite my home telephone was still working. TT& T called me and said they would fix the problem the next day which they duly did and the 3BB engineer slso came back and did some testing to make sure everything was okay:). Since then not had many problems except it can be slow on some days. I wonder if 3BB customers services are giving out the truth sometimes and perhaps they do not know themselves what the problems are and not if they do know they are not telling there customers.