3bb Internet Service In Cm

scorecard

3BB is now available in many parts of Bangkok, also Pattaya, and they seem to be getting quite quite good reports all round in both cities.

I'll be looking for an internet service in CM mid next year.

Could members in CM using 3BB please share some comments.

Also, there are rumours in Bkk that the same providor will soon start a cable TV service , using the wi-fi signal as the carrier. Anybody heard about this?

Edited by scorecard

i was happy with 3B/TT&T up until this week

speeds have been good and no long outages till this week, i started a topic regarding this

someone said the outage(s) maybe to do with sabotage

im not likely to change as i dont have much choice on fixed line out where we are

not sure what cable service they will roll out up here, but my recommendation is for 3B to fix their internet service first before starting something else

i was happy with 3B/TT&T up until this week

speeds have been good and no long outages till this week, i started a topic regarding this

someone said the outage(s) maybe to do with sabotage

im not likely to change as i dont have much choice on fixed line out where we are

not sure what cable service they will roll out up here, but my recommendation is for 3B to fix their internet service first before starting something else

Thanks. You mentioned "3B/TT&T". Are you meaning that in CM 3BB has some technologgy linkage with TT&T?

Here in Bkk they just use the name 3BB, but perhaps in fact they are part of TT&T?

Look forward to your comments. Thanks again.

I have 3BB and once I replaced the cheap router provided by 3BB with my own, have been more than happy with the results. There have been a couple of outages but they have been Chiang Mai wide and not specifically related to my line.

Any comments to share, please

<deleted>.

TT&T/Maxnet was the old entity which has been carried over to 3BB... debt management or sommat. To be fair, it ran better as Maxnet but seems to be going down hill.

I had the same issue as Lady Heather. I wonder if their routers are up to scratch? Once replaced, major improvement.

Im using the lowest premier package. Quite happy with it.

I had the same issue as Lady Heather. I wonder if their routers are up to scratch? Once replaced, major improvement.

Im using the lowest premier package. Quite happy with it.

Interesting comment about the router. I find the service sporadic. Sometimes good but big swings in speed. Customer service is horrible but that is a thailand issue and not company specific. Had no internet for 10 days in march and of course they say it is my fault. The problem is all the ISP are just as bad. All have the same issues.

my maxnet morphed into 3bb. they sent me bills i didn't open due to different logo and they cut me off very quickly when 5 days late paying. back online now. my service has been very bad recently, constantly have to reboot router, i put it down to the heat but am suspicious of the broadband now due to change of name/provider.

Any comments to share, please

<deleted>.

TT&T/Maxnet was the old entity which has been carried over to 3BB... debt management or sommat. To be fair, it ran better as Maxnet but seems to be going down hill.

Our 3 BB service comes and goes all day long and has been like this almost since we got it a few weeks ago. In short, it has been terrible! annoyed.gif

Just to put my 3 cents in the pot. I'm on AIS 3G and since the 12 th it sucks, comes and goes as it wants. I'm putting this down to events going on down south. The high volume of Internet traffic at all times of day the system in Thailand can not handle it.

Just to put my 3 cents in the pot. I'm on AIS 3G and since the 12 th it sucks, comes and goes as it wants. I'm putting this down to events going on down south. The high volume of Internet traffic at all times of day the system in Thailand can not handle it.

Hello, Gotlost.

It seems to me that everytime there is an event that could use internet bandwidth to send or receive video (NEWS and Meetings <which create news>) the interne for consumers goes very slow.

MSPain

PS I just did a speed test to SFO (AIS 3G):

Last Result:

Download Speed: 3228 kbps (403.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 272 kbps (34 KB/sec transfer rate)

Edited by hml367

QUOTE: Our 3 BB service comes and goes all day long and has been like this almost since we got it a few weeks ago. In short, it has been terrible! UNQUOTE

I've had 3BB now for4 months. I thought it had been my computer at fault as 3BB is too intermittent. Off-On all day long. I never had this problem with TOT. Live near Central Airport. It's a ~7000B fine if you leave before the year contract ends.

Earlier had bought the AIS flashdrive-type inet invention (there's a stand just on the left in ICON as you go down the stairs to the lower space. It, besides being costly of itself, eats up the refill card in a matter of hours when you'd expect days.

Both systems are disingenuous. :)

Let me first start off by saying that I have become familiar, and therefore necessarily tolerant, of the common business practice should one require assistance in the LOS - It won't happen anytime soon. That said, my recent run-in with 3BB goes waaaaaaaaayyyyyy beyond the requisite normal jai yen yen . experience.

Two nights ago my internet ceased functioning. The next morning I called 3BB in Bangkok and was told that Chiang Mai would call me back. Two hours later I called again. Same story. So my Thai wife called, and insisted that she be connected to an English speaking supervisor in Chiang Mai. This was our 3rd attempt (it was mid afternoon). When the English speaking drone from Bangkok came to the phone and looked up our records, she stated, sounding quite perturbed, "You have called many times." I naturally said, what should I do? I can't send you an email.

She guaranteed that a supervisor from Chiang Mai would be calling. I waited. Then I called again, asking for the same (I had her name) Bangkok drone. She wasn't in. I was put through to Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai said that the problem was in Bangkok, and I was transferred back to BKK. There a 'Field Supervisor' had me run some tests on my laptop. Then she concluded that "Your problem is in Chiang Mai. I'll have a field supervisor call you from Chiang Mai. This time a person actually called and said that a service person will be out in the morning since it is already almost 5:00 PM. and no one is available.

Next morning, I called at 9:00. They will call us back. In the mean time - no serviceman. My wife called, and had me successfully connected to Chiang Mai. The same supervisor was not available. Then, while I was patiently waiting for a new person to render that special 3BB personal touch, Chiang Mai hung up on me. I called BKK. Spoke to a new English speaking supervisor. She said that she would definitely have a supervisor in Chiang Mai call in "one hour." No problem. Of course that never happened. So I called her back - and, you guessed it - she was unavailable.

Fortunately my wife suddenly recalled, as I was starting to lapse into internet-trauma-meltdown, that she had the mobile number of the last serviceman that rendered internet CPR. She called, he came out, and it worked - at last - for about 2 hours. Then no more. So, we called again that evening (the serviceman of course), and he told us that they are rewiring our mooban, so I need to be patient. It should be finished by the end of THIS month. Before he arrived the second time in 2 days, the internet started working again, then quit, then started again. Mr. Serviceman (AKA SUPERMAN) came in and said that the new wiring will be finished by the end of NEXT month. But he used some other code or something and I have had service - at least long enough to pen this post.

It's no wonder that the subject company frequently changes their name. I'm certain that they may be running from hordes of virulent, internet-withdrawing, frantic farrangs. Bottom line; anyone who wants to experience 3BB (or whatever they may be called by the time I finish this post) must be into self-abuse, or love paying for not having service, or both. In any event, avoid then at all costs, or get use to being cut off from the world.

Cheers

from what ive read here and on another thread, it seems like 3BB are adding/installing new wiring to their network. But theyve probably forgotten to have a backup when switchover occurs, added to that, no warnings to customers that downtime could occur in the areas that they are installing in.

Also added in the mix, a truely inadequate service call center, in which ive never been able to get thru during an outage. (1530)

I suspect things will get worse before they get better.

One hopes they have upgraded the lines for future proofing (cable tv, etc) as well for increased demand in months/years to come, or have they not planned for this yet?

i lost service a week before songkran. up until then had been great.

for six months had the 4mb basic package 590/month plus tax.

for a week made several calls a day to the help line. always got the same

promise, technician will be there or will call today. was finally told

they broke a node. which can be painful if not treated. songran and the

following week no answer. the last time i called they gave me the number

for TOT.

left for two weeks, upon return still no service. toodled down to the

airport central office. was first told there were no circuits, then was

told i'm on the wrong branch, other explanations just confusing.

manager finally arrived, explained 3BB and TT&T had a falling out,

the TT&T lines that 3BB was using were no longer available.

so now we're waiting for 3BB to install their own equipment here in

the condo building. manager promised no more than one month.

guarantee it, i asked. sure he said. ok, if more than a month, then i

get free internet for a year? no, he said. oh, so you can't really

guarantee it. he thought about it, said, ok, if it takes more than a

month, then six months free. he wrote it out on my latest bill and

signed it. hooray, six months of free internet and no line.

The internet service comes from 3BB. The phone lines belong to TT&T or TOT. You are charged a little more than 100 baht to rent the phone lines from TOT and TT&T. These are the copper cable lines. You have to rent this line in order to have internet service from 3BB.

3BB is installing their own lines across Chiang Mai. I have heard they are fiber optic. Fiber optic has the bandwidth to carry more subscribers as well as a cable tv type service. In fact, if you go to the 3BB website, you can see they offer some form of HDTV service. http://www.3bb.co.th/product/vas/hdtv.php

As soon as these lines are installed, you can cancel the phone line from TT&T or TOT.

Edited by richard10365

The internet service comes from 3BB. The phone lines belong to TT&T or TOT. You are charged a little more than 100 baht to rent the phone lines from TOT and TT&T. These are the copper cable lines. You have to rent this line in order to have internet service from 3BB.

3BB is installing their own lines across Chiang Mai. I have heard they are fiber optic. Fiber optic has the bandwidth to carry more subscribers as well as a cable tv type service. In fact, if you go to the 3BB website, you can see they offer some form of HDTV service. http://www.3bb.co.th/product/vas/hdtv.php

As soon as these lines are installed, you can cancel the phone line from TT&T or TOT.

i was out at their offices by the superhighway behind Carrefour yesterday, they have a carpark where they have stored drums of cables, it was a hive of activity with workmen.

btw dont go there to pay yr bill, takes ages to get seen. It looks like thats where the CM call centre is.

I have 3BB and Super 3G. One seems to work great at a time which of course mean I does not.

So far I've been lucky to have one work great. I'll have 3 providers if needed.

So to answer you question 3BB works great 1/2 the time.

I have been reading these posts with interest as i was debating over whether to go with 3bb for a while. I figured they couldnt be that bad eh?

Had the guy install the cable today (they arrived in a 3bb van, but had TOT jackets on?) anyway he put the cable in and left. I tried installing the CD as per instructions, all the IP addresses were the same as were outlined in the book, however when it tried to check the internet connection at the end of the instillation it told me to check my ethernet connections. Everything seemed plugged in the right place and all the right lights were on, but nothing. (I also couldnt put the last letter of my username in, as the user name was too long...anyone else had this problem?)

I called the help center and was told someone would call me back....but no one did. I called again and got the same response, so called a third time and got the same response. &lt;deleted&gt; the reason i finally went with 3BB is i reckoned i would get a decent connection (3MB Premier), if i could just put up with a bit of 'Thai Style Customer Service'. I have not even read an email yet and already want to give those 2 ladyboys at central airport plaza office a piece of my mind!

I have been reading these posts with interest as i was debating over whether to go with 3bb for a while. I figured they couldnt be that bad eh?<BR> <BR>Had the guy install the cable today (they arrived in a 3bb van, but had TOT jackets on?) anyway he put the cable in and left. I tried installing the CD as per instructions, all the IP addresses were the same as were outlined in the book, however when it tried to check the internet connection at the end of the instillation it told me to check my ethernet connections. Everything seemed plugged in the right place and all the right lights were on, but nothing. (I also couldnt put the last letter of my username in, as the user name was too long...anyone else had this problem?)<BR><BR>I called the help center and was told someone would call me back....but no one did. I called again and got the same response, so called a third time and got the same response. &lt;deleted&gt; the reason i finally went with 3BB is i reckoned i would get a decent connection (3MB Premier), if i could just put up with a bit of 'Thai Style Customer Service'. I have not even read an email yet and already want to give those 2 ladyboys at central airport plaza office a piece of my mind!<BR>

I have been reading these posts with interest as i was debating over whether to go with 3bb for a while. I figured they couldnt be that bad eh?<BR> <BR>Had the guy install the cable today (they arrived in a 3bb van, but had TOT jackets on?) anyway he put the cable in and left. I tried installing the CD as per instructions, all the IP addresses were the same as were outlined in the book, however when it tried to check the internet connection at the end of the instillation it told me to check my ethernet connections. Everything seemed plugged in the right place and all the right lights were on, but nothing. (I also couldnt put the last letter of my username in, as the user name was too long...anyone else had this problem?)<BR><BR>I called the help center and was told someone would call me back....but no one did. I called again and got the same response, so called a third time and got the same response. &lt;deleted&gt; the reason i finally went with 3BB is i reckoned i would get a decent connection (3MB Premier), if i could just put up with a bit of 'Thai Style Customer Service'. I have not even read an email yet and already want to give those 2 ladyboys at central airport plaza office a piece of my mind!<BR>

You can give them one of your double post while your at it. :)

update.....i have given up on 3bbttnmaxstotwhatevertheirnameis

3bb can't tell me when the system will be back, condo has no idea that 3bb will be adding lines.....so down i went

to panthip plaza office yesterday to close my account. it's already been two months with no service.

the little girl spends 15 minutes paging through my records, tells me i didn't pay for last november or february.

strange, you think that would show up on the bill. fortunately i had all my prior bills and payment receipts.

gotta make copies. you have passport? gotta make copies.

fiiiiiiiinally got to turn in my router, get my 100 baht deposit back. are we all done? yes all is finish.

is my bill complete? no other charges? yes all is finish. we're done? finished? all is finish.

and today i get a bill for 3000 baht for early contract termination.

update.....i have given up on 3bbttnmaxstotwhatevertheirnameis

3bb can't tell me when the system will be back, condo has no idea that 3bb will be adding lines.....so down i went

to panthip plaza office yesterday to close my account. it's already been two months with no service.

the little girl spends 15 minutes paging through my records, tells me i didn't pay for last november or february.

strange, you think that would show up on the bill. fortunately i had all my prior bills and payment receipts.

gotta make copies. you have passport? gotta make copies.

fiiiiiiiinally got to turn in my router, get my 100 baht deposit back. are we all done? yes all is finish.

is my bill complete? no other charges? yes all is finish. we're done? finished? all is finish.

and today i get a bill for 3000 baht for early contract termination.

Great Post!!! :) I suggest that you wait for a while and maybe they'll change thier name again so that you won't have to pay.