How Much For Custom Duty, Fees, Taxes To Import My Bike?

some have, some have failed, naysayers will tell you its not doable.... but with enough cash on hand it will work what are we talking about?

New bike (<6 months) Victory or Harley; crated, Boston to Bkk. Is it cheaper ship and pay customs, etc. or to purchase in TH?

Hi

read the old tread about import a bike, i could say dont do it but up to you

My friend had a victory nothing but problems, think it was the only one in Thailand, who do you think can fix it here.

You cant buy it in Thailand, if he still have it i think he would sell it cheap.

some have, some have failed, naysayers will tell you its not doable.... but with enough cash on hand it will work what are we talking about?

I imported a BMW 945cc about 10 years ago. Luckily had a friend in the customs dept. Still needed lots (altho a lot less) of oil needed to grease the sweaty palms of various officials. They were intent on it being a "chopper" which would attract huge duty. "Special fees" levied for "facilitation" at every turn. I'd recommend against it unless you have an insider to help you thru the maze. Also, if you live in a heavily built-up area like Bangkok, I'd say a big bike is a pain in the butt. Better to buy a used bike here, and one better suited to the conditions; there are lots of big bikes for sale if you are intent on buying one, probably because the owners found their big bike was impractical. BTW, Thailand is HOT, and you have no protection from the sun on a bike! If none of these issues faze you, go for it! 8P

Buy locally unless you have ALOT of extra money to burn. It will not be cheaper and you will not have warranty or access to spare parts. Buy a bike here in Thailand.

Edited by thaicbr

What for bike is it, $40,000 is a lot for a motorcycle. Is it a ex MotoGP bike from Valentino Rossi? Or is it plated with gold?

Dont have to be gold plated, some places in EU bikes are expensive, in Norway a Harley cross bone USED from 2009 will set you back 58.000 US$