Thai PM Abhisit Puts Plan For November Polls On Hold

webfact

Abhisit, here again shows his inability to keep his words. Cunning, and always look for an excuse is never a leadership quality. What he will become in his political future, another Chuan LEEKPAI?

Abhisit has demonstrated he was prepared to negotiate and compromise in good faith, the reds have shown they are incapable of good faith.

Abhisit in handing over CRES management to Anupong has demonstrated the military are at present unwilling or unable to act decisively for whatever reason.

The Police have demonstrated as ever that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The Reds have demonstrated their hollow words when paying lip service to 'democracy', they are Thaksin's paid mercenaries employing Maoist tactics - it's a shame they are not up against a real Maoist government as they would then receive their just desserts.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit's credibility in standing behind his words is zero.

Although he is a good, educated and capable man, in these circumstances we have to understand that he has DNA = designation no authority.

More like a class monitor in primary school. :)

the news in thaivisa seems very "yellow press" and it is important to look for other sources of information too

This forum is run by The Nation newspaper, so why are you surprised that it is so yellow?

Be careful what you say - a ban will be issued for anything 'anti' - about the elites and government.

They never did anything wrong but the Reds do nothing but wrong according to this forum.

Hence thaivisa is "yellow press" - mostly one-sided.

Thai Visa partnered with The Nation for news but it is not run by The Nation. This website is not even hosted in Thailand and is managed by a group of expats.

the news in thaivisa seems very "yellow press"

Examples, please! I don't believe I've seen anything like this . . . anyone else seen a general trend to emotional, inflammatory, distorted reporting on this site? The comments of a lot of the members, sure, but the actual news?

When people don't believe in facts it is logical they must say news reports are lies.

Also have to wonder what other sources there are in Thailand with English news they want the Admins to link to. The Post doesn't allow this even though Thai Visa has tried to develop a relationship with them .. same as some paper in Phucket and API. But members are allowed to link to any other sources they wish. Problem is the red sympathizers only seem to be able to link to bloggers with no credible facts with unnamed sources where opinions are states as facts.

i follow the news in thaivisa every day and i have to say its more like a comedy, but yeah people died already so it' s not really funny : "....yes we will do this....for sure today 6 pm...ahh wait...maybe not...ahh mai pen lai..."

the news in thaivisa seems very "yellow press" and it is important to look for other sources of information too

Such as Red TV?

haha, in the video he said, "give us back the constitution that Thaksin modified." (Dear God)even Hitler took some lessons from Hess on public speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or does nobody see the irony of this forum regarding the latest turmoil, normal Thai complainers, posting almost daily that the Thai people are thieving, lying, double pricing, non trustworthy and hate farangs et al. Next month when its over, you going back to Thai bashing? Thai rak Thai is based on this psuedo victimization, now you want to make them appear martyrs and tear them down later, for acting like it. Tell me how many of you get a vote to change any of this anyway? What the &*(&* does it matter what you think anyway. I suppose opinions are like......everyone's got one.

Oz

slightly off topic but anyways a couple of things I have noticed recently..

Mr Twitter has been pretty quiet for a week?

And no department like the BOI / TAT etc has issued a press release announcing fantastic projections for the second half of the year.

Abhisit, here again shows his inability to keep his words. Cunning, and always look for an excuse is never a leadership quality. What he will become in his political future, another Chuan LEEKPAI?

Abhisit has demonstrated he was prepared to negotiate and compromise in good faith, the reds have shown they are incapable of good faith.

Abhisit in handing over CRES management to Anupong has demonstrated the military are at present unwilling or unable to act decisively for whatever reason.

The Police have demonstrated as ever that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The Reds have demonstrated their hollow words when paying lip service to 'democracy', they are Thaksin's paid mercenaries employing Maoist tactics - it's a shame they are not up against a real Maoist government as they would then receive their just desserts.

Yes, I like this summary. I'd only add that Abhisit & CRES have made some real blunders with these announcements as far as satisfying the public and winning the media war is concerned. Overpromise and underdeliver is the OPPOSITE of good service. When it comes to making threats, they should have learned by now that threats only serve to strengthen the hand of the Reds. They need to ACT first, THEN explain.

Is it just me or does nobody see the irony of this forum regarding the latest turmoil, normal Thai complainers, posting almost daily that the Thai people are thieving, lying, double pricing, non trustworthy and hate farangs et al. Next month when its over, you going back to Thai bashing? Thai rak Thai is based on this psuedo victimization, now you want to make them appear martyrs and tear them down later, for acting like it. Tell me how many of you get a vote to change any of this anyway? What the &*(&* does it matter what you think anyway. I suppose opinions are like......everyone's got one.

Oz

No matter what, at the end of the day, Thai will always love Thai.

Examples, please! I don't believe I've seen anything like this . . . anyone else seen a general trend to emotional, inflammatory, distorted reporting on this site? The comments of a lot of the members, sure, but the actual news?

When people don't believe in facts it is logical they must say news reports are lies.

Also have to wonder what other sources there are in Thailand with English news they want the Admins to link to. The Post doesn't allow this even though Thai Visa has tried to develop a relationship with them .. same as some paper in Phucket and API. But members are allowed to link to any other sources they wish. Problem is the red sympathizers only seem to be able to link to bloggers with no credible facts with unnamed sources where opinions are states as facts.

Actually bangkok post do allow links to their site and quoting of material provided it is not excessive. . Thaivisa have a finanical with the Nation...so they decided we cannot have any Bankok post stuff here..

Which Thais are you talking about, the elite who only 'love' their own or the poor who do the same. There is no homogeneous "Thai" identity here. Skin color is as much a delineator here as it is in most countries around the world. The only thing Thais of all classes are united on, is keeping anyone not Thai under control/out! That's you!

Oz

The PM never should have agreed to elections while the protests were ongoing. Clearly the situation is too out of hand to hold successful fair elections anyway. Does this mean the army will take action, or will it be two more months of bedlam.

He didn't. November 14th was given as a date and that date was dependent on the protesters leaving Ratchaprasong. They didn't leave. Hence election for November 14th off the table (for the moment - might come back up again like a dog's dinner though.)

What words of Abhisit did he fail to follow?

What words did he fail to follow???? Plenty of words.

One is yesterday the government told residents inside the red zone they should get out, power and water would be cut, access would be limited or denied.

Well people did move, took off work and uprooted their families and got out. Guess what, no power was cut, no access was denied, nothing changed at all.

Some one should read the PM the children's story " a boy who called wolf". Next time he "warns" residents, don't be surprise if no one pays any attention.

CRES to Surround Red-shirts This Evening, Live Bullets to Be Used

The Center for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced that to encourage the protesters to disperse armored vehicles will be used to surround the anti-government red-shirt protesters this evening.

Live bullets will be used.

I do hesitate to beleive it :-)

Actually bangkok post do allow links to their site and quoting of material provided it is not excessive. . Thaivisa have a finanical with the Nation...so they decided we cannot have any Bankok post stuff here..

I follow the events in several languages and compare the informations with my own experiences and those of my Thai friends. The Nation and ThaiVisa use AFP very often. I read "Le Monde" and "Le Monde Diplomatique". These sources fit the best with my own experience.

The forum of "Le Monde" concerning Thailand has no posters with red jam in brain, no crackdown fanatics, only people with high culture of dispute based on the available fact. The german forum of "Der Spiegel" has the same conglomerate of posters as in Thailand. The "Bild-Zeitung" (=Sun in UK) has a forum with anti-communist crackdown-addicted.

The interpretion of "facts" , photos, videos, is mostly directed by selected perception or anticipation of perception.

Simple example: I'm heavy smoker and come after a long flight to Suva-Airport, what I do first, I look for the smoking-area.

:)

.... is it Comedy time again?

your objective is way too bland and pointing in the wrong direction, my "dear"!

Everything is going on hold in Thailand, not only the "Plan",.....

That's nonsense. ""The Plan" save for the early elections goes on as before. National dialouges about important subjects (some previously taboo) designed to heal rifts and create common ground from which good poilcy that serves all Thais can be created. It's some of the would be planners that are getting left behind. They have decided to throw away their seat at the table.

Seriously Jerry, you were a neotiator in a previous life? Is the French word for negotiator and extortionist the same? Is the word for diplomat and criminal the same? I hadn't thought so till you came along.

Edited by lannarebirth

CRES to Surround Red-shirts This Evening, Live Bullets to Be Used

The Center for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced that to encourage the protesters to disperse armored vehicles will be used to surround the anti-government red-shirt protesters this evening.

Live bullets will be used.

I do hesitate to beleive it :-)

These are all scare tactics on the part of the Govt.

The red leaders dont know what to believe but after the 10th and 28th they know the Govt can get serious so they have to prepare to defend against every announcement.

Remember they have a split in the leadership, ever heard of "devide and conquer"?

The leaders are scared and it sure will be showing to the masses, although masses may not be the correct term if what I read is correct IE; not so many there today.

The more of the ordinary people the Govt can get to leave the better then only the leaders will have to be dealt with "running at the guns"

Yes, I like this summary. I'd only add that Abhisit & CRES have made some real blunders with these announcements as far as satisfying the public and winning the media war is concerned. Overpromise and underdeliver is the OPPOSITE of good service. When it comes to making threats, they should have learned by now that threats only serve to strengthen the hand of the Reds. They need to ACT first, THEN explain.

Blunders; Where do you begin?

a) After the ASEAN summit and the previous Songkran Abhisit had a year to prepare and nip problems in the bud.

:) Why let 5000 extra reds into the area?

c) If you have a negotiation deadline what about a fallback option? People could have been evacuated including embassy staff, hospitals etc and services cut with a bit of forward planning.

Unfortunately planning has never been the Thai's strongest suit and in this respect the reds have run rings round the government always seemingly one step ahead. If the Cambodians invaded I suspect it would be 24 hours wait before a steering committee met to decide on a response as they would not meet on an 'auspicious day' - On current showing the Cambodians would be at the Burmese & Malaysian borders within a week.

Although I will almost surely regret responding to a post from somebody who ignores facts ... what promise did Abhisit break regarding holding elections?

I seem to recall when he announced the road map that he was clear Nov. 14th was dependent on certain requirements ... such as the illegal violent mob stop hurting Thailand and holding an area of BKK hostage.

As part of the conditions for ending the Red Shirt rally the Red Shirt movement have said all along that they are willing to face any charges brought against them as long as they are allowed bail, as is the case with the Yellow Shirts who siezed Government House and both Bankok's airports. . They also said that Abhisit and Suthep should face charges in respect of the deaths on 10th April. The goverment now say that they are going to bring additional Terrorism charges plus charges of attempting to overthrow the Monachy. (where's the evidence?) against a large number of people including all the Red Shirt leaders. Without bail this would mean that all of those charged could be in gaol for years before any trial even started. The Abhisit Goverment of has refused to guarantee bail for any of their trumped up charges.

Both Abhisit and Suthep made no objection to the condition that they surrender themselves to the police to face charges (in Abhisit's case when he no longer has immunity due to his position as an elected member of Parliament) but Suthep did not surrender himself to the police he reported to the Department of Special Investigations (DSI). The DSI is one arm of the Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situations (CRES) which is the body that ordered the 10th April attack on the Red Shirts. Suthep is the Director of CRES. He was not charged with anything by the DSI but merely listened to the complaints from families of the dead.

So who has broken what promise?

He HAD to call off the elections. What Sondhi wants, Sondhi gets.

make a list!

starting from when he bank rolled Thaksin into power.. and B4

This has been the "Sondhi Era" folks!

Might I inquire as to your source for this unpublished news that Sondhi dictates to and completely controls the Premier of Thailand?

Or are your sources deep undercover agents of a previously unknown secret agency that require anonymity for their survival?

Edited by indemnity

Yes "Before he wins the next election"[/b]

The reds and the PTP have done nothing to demonstrate that they could run the country (without Thaksin) they have put forward no policys to move on and the reds keep making silly demands that they know will not be accepted in an effort to prolong the damage they are doing to the city and country.

The Govt on the other hand has put forward proposals which have been rejected on flimsy pretext and is still (in spite of all the red disruption) getting legislation passed which will move the country ahead.

The PPP only got the 40% of the vote last time with bribery and intimmidation and in a free and fair election would now never come near that as their antics have now turned many people against them.

And again we see the bleat of yellow.. yellow

So you are saying that in spite of the money laundering by the Democrats in respect of the illegal payment of B250 million baht made to them plus the misuse (disappearance) of the money given to them by the EC for political development they as a party will not be dissolved and all their executives banned for five years? Where did you get that information from?

In the 40% that you mention are you including the millions of votes held by the forty Phue Thai MPs who were purchased by the Elite and Military in order to install Abhisit as PM? Do you really think that those forty MPs will be re-elected after what they did? (They are even too scared to visit their constituencies and the voters that they betrayed never mind stand for election as Bhumjauthai candidates!)

Which people are you referring to that have turned against the Red Shirts/Phuea Thai? Half the people at Rachaprasong are from Bangkok! Please also remember that the population of Isaan alone is about 30% of the entire population of Thailand. Do you actually believe that even one Democrat MP will be elected in Isaan in the next election?

Edited by termad

Although I will almost surely regret responding to a post from somebody who ignores facts ... what promise did Abhisit break regarding holding elections?

I seem to recall when he announced the road map that he was clear Nov. 14th was dependent on certain requirements ... such as the illegal violent mob stop hurting Thailand and holding an area of BKK hostage.

As part of the conditions for ending the Red Shirt rally the Red Shirt movement have said all along that they are willing to face any charges brought against them as long as they are allowed bail, as is the case with the Yellow Shirts who siezed Government House and both Bankok's airports. . They also said that Abhisit and Suthep should face charges in respect of the deaths on 10th April. The goverment now say that they are going to bring additional Terrorism charges plus charges of attempting to overthrow the Monachy. (where's the evidence?) against a large number of people including all the Red Shirt leaders. Without bail this would mean that all of those charged could be in gaol for years before any trial even started. The Abhisit Goverment of has refused to guarantee bail for any of their trumped up charges.

Both Abhisit and Suthep made no objection to the condition that they surrender themselves to the police to face charges (in Abhisit's case when he no longer has immunity due to his position as an elected member of Parliament) but Suthep did not surrender himself to the police he reported to the Department of Special Investigations (DSI). The DSI is one arm of the Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situations (CRES) which is the body that ordered the 10th April attack on the Red Shirts. Suthep is the Director of CRES. He was not charged with anything by the DSI but merely listened to the complaints from families of the dead.

Abhisit and Suthep can not guarantee bail because that is up to the courts.

The DSI is not part of CRES is it? It's just a special arm of the police. Suthep surrendered him to the DSI (part of the police) because they are the ones that are dealing with the complaints.

There are no charges against Abhisit or Suthep, so what are they supposed to get bail from?

If the reds are incapable of keeping any of their promises why should the PM be expected to follow the roadmap on his own while the reds keep making ridiculous demands.

agree with lazurus, how will any one be able to organize an election with a very high possibility of a red attack in the back of their minds.

The reds have lied, cheated, and stole and now are holding the government to the standards that the reds themselves could never meet.

Abhisit and Suthep can not guarantee bail because that is up to the courts.

The DSI is not part of CRES is it? It's just a special arm of the police. Suthep surrendered him to the DSI (part of the police) because they are the ones that are dealing with the complaints.

There are no charges against Abhisit or Suthep, so what are they supposed to get bail from?

The DSI are a major part of the committee that makes up CRES - why do you think that Suthep surrendered to them? As I said he's the Director of CRES for God's sake.The DSI are not dealing with complaints against Abhisit and Suthep they have never been involved with those complaints. They now say that they will begin an enquiry. YEAH and when will that start and finish.

Abhisit and Suthep cannot guarantee bail? Grow up this is Thailand.

If he had surrendered to the Police (even the Crime Suppression Division) charges would have been brought against him by the police in respect of the complaints already made by the relatives of those killed on 10th April 2010.

Edited by termad

This forum is run by The Nation newspaper, so why are you surprised that it is so yellow?

Be careful what you say - a ban will be issued for anything 'anti' - about the elites and government.

They never did anything wrong but the Reds do nothing but wrong according to this forum.

Hence thaivisa is "yellow press" - mostly one-sided.

I'm not a yellow shirt supporter or a supporter of any party, I'm just an Asian, born and raised in Castrop-Rauxel, Germany who is just voicing his clear opinion :)

That's a bit like Abhisit, born and raised in England, claiming to be Thai. lol...