Red-Shirts Leader Seh Daeng Shot In The Head - Fighting For His Life In ICU - Video

webfact

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this crap start when the military removed an elected government from office?

No it started when Thaksin bought his way into office, then ignored the coalition government, skyrocketed executive power, ordered the extrajudicial killings of over 2000 people, cheated the treasury and the people out of billions of taxes. Most Thais cheered the 2006 coup. I would rather live under Thai military rule than Chalerm, Jatupron, Arisman, Nattawut, Veera or any other of the Red leadership and so, in my opinion would most Thais. Even better, a democratically elected government without the nouveau riche buying votes, parties and candidates.

It's no coincidence that the Red invasion was launched the day after the courts ruled against returning all of Thaksin's frozen assets. This is in no way a fight for democracy and freedom in any real sense in terms of leadership agenda.

Good post, thanks!

Time to go to bed...

The Thais will sort this out - without our help, as they always do... its their country not ours.

By the way I probably pay more taxes than most of you, but I dont have a Thai wife or Thai kids, and Thailand is just another place to do business.

Does having a Thai wife make any difference? I would say its easier for me to exit Thailand......

its strange how those with Thai wives think that they are somehow more connected, I guess it really depends on the pedigree of the wife.

amarka :)

Didn't this crap start when the military removed an elected government from office?

Yes and they tore up the constitution too- not such a good idea really!

The well overdue dealing to Say Dung last nite. Who's turn tonite Bro....

I'm still amazed at the number of foreigners that are calling for Thais to be killed. :)

Sad lonesome people. All what they have is hate. They should GO HOME (to use one of their favorite slogans)

Lets see if moderator sbk freed them from their pitiful forum existence.

I think it has to be regarded as civil war now.

Thai tourism is finished for a decade.

Want to bet on that? I didnt think so.

Who cares what you think?

I mean really....!

Don't worry or bother. look at the guys moniker (label or name for the yanks here) mommysboy !

pleeeease. behave.

You wish to be taken seriously?

It is always sad when violence leads to loss of life, we don't know yet if that will be so in this case, but hopefully the government and the red leaders can use this sad event as a point to break away from the gridlock that has happened on the reconciliation plan.

This is where both sides should realize that enough is enough, and a political solution should be sought, rather than shooting in the streets. Hopefully this will allow the moderates from both sides to work together to find a solution while the extremists retract in self-defense.

:)

You believe this story is funny? You need your head examined. And people wonder why so many farangs in LOS are regarded as scum by other farangs and by Thais. Spinning double back fist. Muay Thai or die. Khun Boran Khmer.

Time to go to bed...

The Thais will sort this out - without our help, as they always do... its their country not ours.

By the way I probably pay more taxes than most of you, but I dont have a Thai wife or Thai kids, and Thailand is just another place to do business.

Does having a Thai wife make any difference? I would say its easier for me to exit Thailand......

its strange how those with Thai wives think that they are somehow more connected, I guess it really depends on the pedigree of the wife.

amarka :)

Yes and they tore up the constitution too- not such a good idea really!

It may seem strange, but we have a partner that we don't pay short time, and as for pedigree.....why are you here? please exit, do not pass go and ....exit.

short time nobody as usual. cares to comment, not to contribute. waster.thanks for coming.business options abound so go seek.

that a bit pessimistic!!

i think as soon as this saga all ends, tourism will pick-up again in a matter of months, (probably less).

every time there is a problem in thailand, a bunch of people say: Thailand's finished!! they seem to forget how quick the tourists always come back.

I'm still amazed at the number of foreigners that are calling for Thais to be killed. :)

Sad lonesome people. All what they have is hate. They should GO HOME (to use one of their favorite slogans)

Unfortunately, there is much farang scum in Thailand with low IQs and education... so one can expect to read that these dregs want to see bloodshed.

:)

You are one sick little Pussy to find puerile humour in this dreadful time for many of us who actually care about the future of this country.

Brewsta

If only the reds cared about the country half as much as you do, they would have accepted new elections and dispersed peacefully.

that a bit pessimistic!!

i think as soon as this saga all ends, tourism will pick-up again in a matter of months, (probably less).

every time there is a problem in thailand, a bunch of people say: Thailand's finished!! they seem to forget how quick the tourists always come back.

Not at all. Perhaps I should have clarified that I meant the farang market. Devalued currencies will most likely stay that way for a good few years, and tour operators who really decide the market have dropped Thailand. Now a civil war, for that is now what it is. As far as I'm aware they don't attract the family types, but if you think otherwise, it's a free world, except here of course.

This is the worst possible outcome of a completely botched effort to deal with a political crisis. Abhisit should resign now.

Strange how most of the red apologists in this thread have less than 30 posts. Uncle Thaksin's PR department at work again?

Strange how jingthing is the only person in the world that says "red apologists" yet at least 5 different usernames used it in this thread.

You know it is against the rules to have multiple handles, don't you Jingthing?

Could you name the other 4? And when your accusations doesn't pan out, you be removed? :)

Hmm, is anyone modding this thread? There are several posters who should be banned for their comments

Simon

With you on that Simon.

Love it how farangs always think they know whats best for Thailand.

Wonder how many of them actually live here.

Perhaps they should bear in mind we are nothing more than guests here.

Hopefully immigration will tighten up the visa extension rules in the near future.

No, we are not guests. Guests get free room and board. Tourists are customers, invited to come here by the government and one of its embezzlement arms, the TAT. Many residents, like me for example, are investors in the country, providing jobs for Thai people. In fact without foreign investment, our "Hosts" would still be getting around in rickshaws on dirt roads. I also support my Thai wife and members of her family and have paid more in company tax than most average citizens pay in the lifetime. So if I want to complain occasionally, I feel I have paid for the right to do so, financially, emotionally, spiritually and educationally - the latter meaning I have actually done a lot of reading on the history of this country and its society and have a pretty good idea of how it works and reasonable notions of what sort of direction the country needs to take. Yes, there are those who whinge and moan without having a clue, but this is by no means all foreigners.

That maybe so but unless youre a Thai citizen youre a guest.

What exactly do you mean by guest? Are you thinking as if you are staying in someone's home and you have to follow the rules of their pleasant little bungalow while you enjoy free room and board? Does your choice of the word "guest" mean that one can't complain about anything? That one has no rights here to freedom of speech? [read the Thai constitution - even the most recent one; foreigners actually do have a lot of rights here, at least on paper].

Define your terms man. You just keep repeating "Well you are a 'guest' here", as if that means something. So what obligations does that carry with it, pray tell, oh wise one? Or are we all supposed to inherently understand what you mean by "guest"? You construct no argument, you just take this muddy thinking tabloid approach that we are all supposed to be of one moral mind on the subject - once the likes of you has set us all straight.

And while we are at it, can you do me the courtesy of explaining what this statement of yours means?

"Hopefully immigration will tighten up the visa extension rules in the near future."

Don't just spew vague <deleted>, man. For whom? And to what benefit for Thailand? Do you live here? Do you feel that tightening up the extensions will keep out the sort of rabble that YOU feel doesn't belong here? How dare you presume to suggest that you know better what the immigration department should or shouldn't do? Don't you realise that you are a guest here? To quote you, sir: "Love it how farangs always think they know whats best for Thailand."

I am sure the immigration department would be delighted to hear your views on how they should run things, being a farang who obviously knows what's best for Thailand.

I look forward to your vague and confused response, Mr. "Bad Case of Six Months".

PS: To quote you again: "unless youre a Thai citizen youre a guest" Please note that "You're" as in the contraction "You are" has an apostrophe between the 'u' and the 're'.

Its impossible for another Army person to fill the role of Sae Daeng. His bamboo barricade technique was unconquerable and he didn't teach anyone the method. Nope, there is only one Army man who can lead a group of terrorists. The battle is over now. We can rest easy.

a convicted military/ civilian in jail will die slowly................................................ an assasinated political figurehead will live on as a mrytr. BAD.

Messsage sent to the next leader................... tow the line ( and become very rich ) or ....................................pay.

I pray daily for the king and the good people of Thailand.

I feel international buisness was starting to be affected. khun big said " no more bad busisness"

and about a few tyres and sticks........................ someone was mounting a severly misinformed attack.

I have taken my buisness to South Africa. Cheap labor, no problems. Well those pesky pirates.............

I will return to my beloved Thailand in 1-2 wks. :):D:D

Having a Thai wife (and all the family connected to her) is a very personel level of commitment to the future of Thailand . Of course they are many reasons for marriage, and many degrees of relationships to the wife and family, and perhaps most of the Farang living in Thailand for many years are still baffled by the contradictions, beliefs and superstitions many Thais seem to follow. There are astute well traveled and informed tourists, that can offer clear commentary on the events of the day, and special insight or wisdom is not always granted to Farang who marry...many seem to stay the dullards they were in their own country.....

I read this board to get some glimpse into the thinking of others like myself who are very concerned about the changes coming to Thailand and how it will effect my life living with a Thai wife in a Thai culture...the amount of back and forth personal attacks is more akin to mud wrestling than discussion. I get the frustration with the Reds, with the yellows, with the pinks, with this PM. with the PM in exile, with the loud mindless music and banter, but I am surprised venom between the expat members here.....I will continue to read for the occasional well thought out, sober postings made, but some of you seem as bombastic and repetitive as the protests you decry.

Unfortunately, there is much farang scum in Thailand with low IQs and education... so one can expect to read that these dregs want to see bloodshed.

Actually very incorrect. Whenever its comes to a choice between the lose of a few to avoid the loss of many then the choice unemotionally is to take the few. That is minimising and avoiding bloodshed. As I said in another post I would be happy to see him be arrested and charged. But who is going to arrest him? Whoever did take him out has given the CRES the opportunity to put mind game pressure on the Reds. If that pressure results in the Reds folding then one life has been a far better outcome than the many that this idiot would have taken out in an all out street battle or is a repeat of the Black Saturday toll a better option?

Really and truly too darn bad that it had to come to this. But if a message was to be sent to Thaksin, this was a good one. The guy was a disgrace to the institution of the military in all forms and especially to the country he was to serve. Most likely Seh Dang will now be seen as a hero for the cause of the reds. Whoever did it should have taken more people out to blur the obvious, that he was assassinated.

Clear everyone out of the areas now. Don't stop. Put Thailand back on track now.

if Thaksin is a meglomaniac this shooting will barely faze him, as he wrecks Thailand from afar;

if he can't have the toys, he will break them all in spite.

..he would cut off his nose to spite his face