Red-Shirts Leader Seh Daeng Shot In The Head - Fighting For His Life In ICU - Video

webfact

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News reports are that he has died.

This murder will prove to be the beginning of the end for the current Thai government.

End of the Red shirt movement!! Something had to break, Seh Deng gave his life so other grannys and kids on the front line could go home. OK if it is the end He is a good guy.

what are you smoking? Beam up is a great moniker for you.

This murder will prove to be the beginning of the end for the current Thai government.

End of the Red shirt movement!! Something had to break, Seh Deng gave his life so other grannys and kids on the front line could go home. OK if it is the end He is a good guy.

You mean Paragon will be open tomorrow for shopping?

I hope so dont you?

what are you smoking? Beam up is a great moniker for you.

Its beam me up di*k

Not smokin tonight just drinking a few glasses of wine.

Edited by beammeup

You mean Paragon will be open tomorrow for shopping?

I hope so dont you?

You should wait at the entrance at 8am. Maybe you're the first to enter :)

for the reds ...

don't wait for Thaksin's call in. He will be busy to run faster and faster until he drops. He's probably the guy behind all of this. He probably didn't like when Seh Daeng exposed him as the master mind.

There will be new international arrest warrants out for him I think.

for the reds ...

don't wait for Thaksin's call in. He will be busy to run faster and faster until he drops. He's probably the guy behind all of this. He probably didn't like when Seh Daeng exposed him as the master mind.

..and in other news, Madonna just gave birth to quadruplets, Bush turned himself in asking to be tried as a war criminal and Pele announced that he return to play football at the 2010 World Cup. :)

for the reds ...

..and in other news, Madonna just gave birth to quadruplets, Bush turned himself in asking to be tried as a war criminal and Pele announced that he return to play football at the 2010 World Cup. :)

the cases on the 'war on drugs' will be reopened as requested by UNHRC to bring the 2816 slaughters he caused to THE HAGUE. :D

Hmm, is anyone modding this thread? There are several posters who should be banned for their comments

Simon

With you on that Simon.

Love it how farangs always think they know whats best for Thailand.

Wonder how many of them actually live here.

Perhaps they should bear in mind we are nothing more than guests here.

Hopefully immigration will tighten up the visa extension rules in the near future.

wow, yet again another poster pulling the "we are nothing more than guests here" <deleted>.

YOU maybe, myself and others not.Thai wife, kids , business (Employing and serving Thai's) Pay taxes and all fees. What about YOU?

do not dare to include me in your minority, we LIVE here. not on bloody holiday, thank you, you can sod off anytime , not us.

And yes I agree there are too many waster posters here that are not in the same situation or are short time posters.

We are not all "guests", and contribute to the shrinking economy of this nation.What about YOU.

Cheers, and thanks for visiting.

His absence can only be a plus for Thailand.

I just do not see this point at all.

1) If it was Abhisit's responsibility it makes him look stupid.

2) If it was the Reds it was a desperate but effective away of regaining legitimacy

3) And if it was all for the idea of creating a coup it was a pretty smart move.

I do not see what good will come of it.

Abhisit ordered the army to clear out the encampment and restore normalcy.

There is no chance Abhisit personally ordered this. But the army knows their tactics,

and Sae Daeng MUST also know this was a probable tactic. He is a renegade army general.

And thus to the army a traitor and subject to their disipline if he attacks them.

He was also visibly the director of the group most likely to cause harm to the security forces

as they clear out the encampment, and has just been removed from the field of battle.

Since most army would feel he was the mastermind behind their leaders death

on April 10th, this would be using his tactics against him.

He was the least of legitimate Red Shirts, folk hero or not.

You can try and look at it like civilians, but this it is not.

This is two sides in a military battle, regardless if they were once on the same side.

Will the other Red Leaders take the hint or go full David Koresh / Branch Davidiens

and take their followers to hel_l, remains to be seen. To a rational mind this SHOULD be,

a good indication of a lost cause and end game... but not all seem rational at present.

I think Veera saw this coming, but no one listened or not enough would listen.

You can kick a dog sometimes and it does nothing, but one time too many and it bites back.

I couldnt agree with you more.

Abhisit offered a compromise that compromised himself and he knew if it was rejected he would have backing for forceful tactics to clear out this problem. When someone places themselves beneath a tank in Tiannemen Square they are a martyr but when an opposable might is placed against depleted forces you are simply throwing your life away like some Songkran casualty. The Game was over, Abhisit had won, the Reds had made their point but it was time to go home.

So Seah Daengs death was a political disaster for Abhisit who had handled things so deftly.

So Abhisit certainly wouldnt like to have seen things go this way - this does not mean it was not an accidental consequence of his orders. The Reds - I doubt I going to shoot their own guy. Even the military who might wish for a coup, I doubt would get involved in such a conspiracy.

You make the very valid point that it shouldnt be in Abhisits best interests to order this but I am still left with the feeling that an idiot facing Court Martial (at the very least) has been turned into a martyr. Those who believe he deserves what he got, should realize that he shouldnt have got what he deserved - that is what distinguishes right from wrong.

I am wondering if the Reds leaders are now realising how vulnerable they are. Surrounded by their own fire hazard barricades with an angry population from all corners looking in and down on them. The well overdue dealing to Say Dung last nite. Who's turn tonite Bro....

CRES need to turn the heat up more. School starts Monday and this scab on Thai society and its economy needs cleaning out by, well blow me down and call me a Dutchman, the day they (Reds) said way back at the start they will surrender to the police.

So Seah Daengs death was a political disaster for Abhisit who had handled things so deftly.

are you saying that he has died? or are you speaking 'figuratively' (if he were to die)?

only a few minutes ago, 'the Nation' reported this:

----------------------

THE NATION: Seh Daeng remains in coma and it's gone quiet, at least temporarily at saladaeng.

THE NATION: Seh Daeng's condition should be announced by Vajira Hospital tomorrow.

----------------------

or do you know something that we don't?

Hmm, is anyone modding this thread? There are several posters who should be banned for their comments

Simon

With you on that Simon.

Hopefully immigration will tighten up the visa extension rules in the near future.

wow, yet again another poster pulling the "we are nothing more than guests here" <deleted>.

YOU maybe, myself and others not.Thai wife, kids , business (Employing and serving Thai's) Pay taxes and all fees. What about YOU?

do not dare to include me in your minority, we LIVE here. not on bloody holiday, thank you, you can sod off anytime , not us.

And yes I agree there are too many waster posters here that are not in the same situation or are short time posters.

We are not all "guests", and contribute to the shrinking economy of this nation.What about YOU.

Some people from certain western countries think that the Government or media or powers that be have their interests at heart. Wake up dude!!It is what it is! Some of us on this forum have lived here for many years and say what we think. You want to talk about rights? you got the right to be silent!

Simon

With you on that Simon.

You too, are nothing more than a guest here. Your visa could be revoked at any time under a military or other led government.

aaaaaaaaaaaand here it is, the expected denial from the government

THE NATION: Panitan: Govt had nothing to do with Seh Daeng attack.

spineless

Do you know for sure? No, you don't. It is generally accepted that key anti-Thaksin military people were killed by black shirted assassins on April 10. Things aren't always what they seem here, so it is way too early to assume Abhisit ordered this hit. If you were honest, you would admit that.

to repeat the well chanted mantra on this forum from the yellows, 'if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog.............'

I knew I would be able to use that pathetic pointless comment one day.

Listen to the Thai-insider himself, he knows who deserve the credit.

Bush never got Bin Laden in seven years, so you have to finally give Abhisit some credit.

The well overdue dealing to Say Dung last nite. Who's turn tonite Bro....

I'm still amazed at the number of foreigners that are calling for Thais to be killed. :)

sometimes to make an omelete you got to break a few eggs.

I'm still amazed at the number of foreigners that are calling for Thais to be killed. :)

You're comparing killing Thais to making an Omelette?

^^ Unfortunately, that's true. No matter how many crotch fruits you produced or how much taxes you pay, we're all just guests. You'd need a residency permit to be considered only a half-guest, but that program is on ice.

--

It would be highly interesting to know who shot SD, I think that will be just as important as the shooting itself for the outcome.

And the Thai baht still gets stronger! Crazy or what?

The Baht may be getting "stronger" however if you actually look at the index almost every company is down. I'm convinced they're fiddling with the numbers some how.

what dont you understand, every company is down because people are selling their shares while the baht is strong because the pound is worse, take a look at the Euro and then factor in Greece and Spain, and you wonder why it hasnt dumped? This isnt 97 in Thailand mate, its 2010 in Europe.

Anyways, have no clue as to why you guys would bring this up in this thread.

The THB is strong against almost every other currency!

You're comparing killing Thais to making an Omelette?

Its a metaphor dude. Don"t loose any sleep over it.

The situation is not over, but one of the catalysts of violence is no longer there.

Many of the other Red leaders wanted to talk and sort things out...... but not him. b Al he wanted to do was fight and kill.

Look at the videos of him talking to reporters.

Seh Daeng was probably the largest obstacle (well, after Taksing himself!) for a negotiated solution to this kerfuffle, not only for being abjectly against the government but also against any softening of the red shirts position. See the barricade rebuilding after the Chulalongkorn hospital episode as an example.

I think very unlikely that Abhisit ordered his assassination though, the smart money would be on an Army faction seizing an opportunity. There's a smaller chance of a red shirt inside job of either getting rid of a liability or a threat by means that could be spun in their favor too.

A protest authorized and permitted by government is hardly a protest. You want them to ask Thai govt if they can protest? What do you think the answer will be?

I may be wrong, but way back then I think I recall Abhisit himself saying that the red shirts have a right to protests as long as it's done within the limits of the law.

His absence can only be a plus for Thailand.

I just do not see this point at all.

1) If it was Abhisit's responsibility it makes him look stupid.

2) If it was the Reds it was a desperate but effective away of regaining legitimacy

3) And if it was all for the idea of creating a coup it was a pretty smart move.

I do not see what good will come of it.

Abhisit ordered the army to clear out the encampment and restore normalcy.

There is no chance Abhisit personally ordered this. But the army knows their tactics,

and Sae Daeng MUST also know this was a probable tactic. He is a renegade army general.

And thus to the army a traitor and subject to their disipline if he attacks them.

He was also visibly the director of the group most likely to cause harm to the security forces

as they clear out the encampment, and has just been removed from the field of battle.

Since most army would feel he was the mastermind behind their leaders death

on April 10th, this would be using his tactics against him.

He was the least of legitimate Red Shirts, folk hero or not.

You can try and look at it like civilians, but this it is not.

This is two sides in a military battle, regardless if they were once on the same side.

Will the other Red Leaders take the hint or go full David Koresh / Branch Davidiens

and take their followers to hel_l, remains to be seen. To a rational mind this SHOULD be,

a good indication of a lost cause and end game... but not all seem rational at present.

I think Veera saw this coming, but no one listened or not enough would listen.

You can kick a dog sometimes and it does nothing, but one time too many and it bites back.

I couldnt agree with you more.

Abhisit offered a compromise that compromised himself and he knew if it was rejected he would have backing for forceful tactics to clear out this problem. When someone places themselves beneath a tank in Tiannemen Square they are a martyr but when an opposable might is placed against depleted forces you are simply throwing your life away like some Songkran casualty. The Game was over, Abhisit had won, the Reds had made their point but it was time to go home.

So Abhisit certainly wouldnt like to have seen things go this way - this does not mean it was not an accidental consequence of his orders. The Reds - I doubt I going to shoot their own guy. Even the military who might wish for a coup, I doubt would get involved in such a conspiracy.

You make the very valid point that it shouldnt be in Abhisits best interests to order this but I am still left with the feeling that an idiot facing Court Martial (at the very least) has been turned into a martyr. Those who believe he deserves what he got, should realize that he shouldnt have got what he deserved - that is what distinguishes right from wrong.

Agree with you and the post you were replying to. Right to the very end where distinguishing right from wrong would have been the preferred choice. I would have liked nothing more than to see Sae Duang breaking rocks in chains for the rest of his life. But who was going to arrest him to ensure he didn't get what he deserved? The police weren't as they are scared witless of him. He was feral and out of control... kay sera sera....

The "right" international rules have been applied by this goverment all the way, with ample opportunity for the Reds to join in. When you follow those rules then the rules of luck start running, especially the first "you make your own luck". I think Abhisit just got a whole lot drop on his shoulder last nite. And would have to say the Eton raised Puppet deserves it.

Simon

With you on that Simon.

You too, are nothing more than a guest here. Your visa could be revoked at any time under a military or other led government.

Don't lose the plot.of course EVERYBODY can get the flick.Those with no ties, family, business or (Friends) may get the flick quickly, which may not be a bad thing.some elements here need to be convinced to leave or seek other pastures of the underage fleshy kind, I will help with the ticket to be rid of this detritus.some elements here think they can act with impunity and their excesses are tolerated. think again.please go elsewhere.Here is not perfect, and I wish my kids to grow into a fairly decent society, but be aware of (warts and all)

Here also panders to those of influence at the time.or those that command / encourage others to do the dirty work. so what.....join the game.

there are too many muppets here that love conspiracy or the "Them and us crap".

You live here? please wake up and smell the coffee.