Conjuring

• 1 month later...

Swede, please disregard the last 3 "trollish" posts. ANYTHING that brings a little fun into an otherwise boring English lesson is a GOOD thing. Anyone with half a brain and a little teaching experience would know that.

Got any more good suggestions?, Keep em coming,this forum needs them.

:o

Swede, please disregard the last 3 "trollish" posts. ANYTHING that brings a little fun into an otherwise boring English lesson is a GOOD thing. Anyone with half a brain and a little teaching experience would know that.

TeacherOZ has a valid point regarding the fun aspect of learning English. When I was studying to get my TEFL/TESOL certification one of the first subjects I used as a student teacher was on UFOs. The class loved it, remained intentive and participation was high. My instructor commended me on such a unique subject idea. So, go for it, as a teaching subject but probably not as a methodology :o

TeacherOz,

How exactly was I trolling?

I just mentioned I'd seen a clown advertise his/her services here. That's all.

I was in the middle of replying to this when, can you believe it? They BANNED me!

So I signed up again as TeacherOz2 .. to leave this reply.

They banned me for that last post I made cos' it involved a couple of heavyweight posters!

Oh well, I won't bother replying to kenkannif's question now .. the heavyweights obviously don't want to hear it.

You've got more freedom of speech in a Communist country!!

:o

TeacherOz,

How exactly was I trolling?

I just mentioned I'd seen a clown advertise his/her services here. That's all.

I was in the middle of replying to this when, can you believe it? They BANNED me!

So I signed up again as TeacherOz2 .. to leave this reply.

They banned me for that last post I made cos' it involved a couple of heavyweight posters!

Oh well, I won't bother replying to kenkannif's question now .. the heavyweights obviously don't want to hear it.

You've got more freedom of speech in a Communist country!!

:D

:o:D

How To Be a Better Troll

1. No doubt your spelling errors, grammar mistakes, etc. are inserted "intentionally," just to attract attention and abuse from those you are trolling. However, you will make some actual mistakes from ignorance which will tag you across different handles. For example, the frequent use and misuse of "quote.

2. "To quote" is a verb. "Quotation" is the more appropriate word to use when referring to a piece of text cited by someone quoting.

3. Furthermore, it is incorrect to use "quotation" in the context of "proverb," as another of a certain troll's handles has frequently done in recent threads.

"Steven"