Rights On Motorcycle

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is in the correct forum.

whne I was married here I baught a motorbike and have had it ever since, we got divorced over a year ago and all our possessions were passed to our son.

Now we are having a custody battle over our son and she is trying to make my life very difficult. she came here yesterday to try to take my son which i wouldnt let her and i have the right to do this as sole guardian.

after her mouthing off a lot and realising that shes not getting anywhere she looks at my bike and says whos name is that in, i replied mine. she said shes going to check and if its hers she will come to take it.

The motorbike is in her name, but everything of ours we passed to our son who is only 2 years old, and as i have the son and it is used for him can she take it.

Is there a way I can change the name from her to me, I am in possession of all reciepts and the book for the motorbike, or if I hide it away from her where do I stand. My motorbike is my only means of transport back and forth to work and to the markets to get foods and stuff.

Can someone please advise me.

If the book for the bike is in her name the bike legally belongs to her. The fact you have possession of it is a bonus. You can offer her some money to change the book into your name. Swap bikes with a friend who lives in a different place to you and hope she forgets about it. Sell it without the book. Strip it down to parts and sell those. Give her it back and buy a new one but make sure it is a wreck when you do. Good luck :)

If its in her name its hers. she can and will get the police to take the bike. I would make arrangements now to rent or buy a new bike. She might accept that you give her some money for the bike. its up to you how much you think its worth, dont forget to get it transfered into your name (you will need copies of her id card and the transfer doc and power of attorny doc all signed by her). see the stickied thread about transfers.

Allan

Thanks everyone,

I guess it has been stolen, shes not getting my bike shes had everything else the car, house and now trying to take my child and motorbike.

will be moving to bkk soon so I will leave it somewhere else till i go

Thanks everyone,

I guess it has been stolen, shes not getting my bike shes had everything else the car, house and now trying to take my child and motorbike.

I think you need to think this through with a cool head. If she reports her motorbike stolen (and yes, legally it's hers), then worst case scenario you could end up going to jail,being deported and lose custody of your son. Are you willing to risk that?

Sophon

Thanks everyone,

You state in your post that all OUR possessions passed to your 2 year old son, now you say you only have your bike and your son, surely the bike is a our possession ? yes in her name but still passed to your son. Yes? :)

Thanks everyone,

I think you need to think this through with a cool head. If she reports her motorbike stolen (and yes, legally it's hers), then worst case scenario you could end up going to jail,being deported and lose custody of your son. Are you willing to risk that?

Sophon

Agreed 100%, although I am not sure I can follow some parts - first all your possessions went to your son, then she got the house and car, now she still owns the bike?

At the end of the day, what's worth more to you - your bike or your son? Seems to me your taking a hel_l of a risk for very little.

thanks everyone,

its not a scooter its an R6 and I know Its only a bike but its the thought of her getting something else from me. shes had everything else.

and yes my son is far more important. and just wanted to know if because we passed everything to our son and I am his guardian. do I keep hold of it for him, eventhough hes far too young to go on it.

thanks everyone,

its not a scooter its an R6 and I know Its only a bike but its the thought of her getting something else from me. shes had everything else.

and yes my son is far more important. and just wanted to know if because we passed everything to our son and I am his guardian. do I keep hold of it for him, eventhough hes far too young to go on it.

You're using an R6 for grocery shopping? And it's your only form of transport? So that means you're taking your 2 year old around on an R6? Wow... Can afford an R6 but not a car (or taxi)? Rather amazing your ex-wife didn't get custody. Poor kid :)

thanks everyone,

You're using an R6 for grocery shopping? And it's your only form of transport? So that means you're taking your 2 year old around on an R6? Wow... Can afford an R6 but not a car (or taxi)? Rather amazing your ex-wife didn't get custody. Poor kid :)

Hard to read isnt BigBike a few post later he states he had a car but his wife got it.

ur wife is so cruel that's why i always tell my friend who married with thai girl, your is your, your will not be her's and her will be your. always remember. nv join name to buy house or car. simply register a company to buy whatever you need. and end of the day, all will belong back to u

thanks everyone,

Yes Bigbikebkk I do use my bike for grocery shopping, and I also use it to comute to my work which is 60 km away. I used to have a car and scooters but they all got financed (by the ex) and reposessed or taken away (by the ex) when we got divorced The only thing I walked away with is my bike, and now my son after he was clearly neglected by my wife who was supposed to be taking care of him.

You say I can afford an R6 but not a car, please read the original post, I HAD A CAR, I now dont have the finances to buy a new on nor want one.

You say " so that means that youre taking your 2 year old around on an R6" maybe you want to try getting out of Bangkok and realise that there are other modes of transport in the sticks, My son has never and will never get on a motor bike or a scooter with me or anyone else untill he is old enough by my standards not thai standards and when that time comes hopefully we will be living back in england. so he will Know better. As for now when we go out he goes with me in a Tuk Tuk or we use the trains or busses, he also uses the same transportation when he goes out with his nanny.

Rather amazing your ex-wife didn't get custody. Poor kid :D

Please dont comment on other Peoples situations that you know nothing about I was asking for advice on my bike hence the topic is Bike NOT Family, my son had a very bad time staying with his mother and grandmother and has a wonderfull time living with me and all his needs are taken care of. That is why I HAVE CUSTODY of him.

Yes Bigbikebkk I do use my bike for grocery shopping, and I also use it to comute to my work which is 60 km away. I used to have a car and scooters but they all got financed (by the ex) and reposessed or taken away (by the ex) when we got divorced The only thing I walked away with is my bike, and now my son after he was clearly neglected by my wife who was supposed to be taking care of him.

You say I can afford an R6 but not a car, please read the original post, I HAD A CAR, I now dont have the finances to buy a new on nor want one.

You say " so that means that youre taking your 2 year old around on an R6" maybe you want to try getting out of Bangkok and realise that there are other modes of transport in the sticks, My son has never and will never get on a motor bike or a scooter with me or anyone else untill he is old enough by my standards not thai standards and when that time comes hopefully we will be living back in england. so he will Know better. As for now when we go out he goes with me in a Tuk Tuk or we use the trains or busses, he also uses the same transportation when he goes out with his nanny.

Rather amazing your ex-wife didn't get custody. Poor kid :D

Please dont comment on other Peoples situations that you know nothing about I was asking for advice on my bike hence the topic is Bike NOT Family, my son had a very bad time staying with his mother and grandmother and has a wonderfull time living with me and all his needs are taken care of. That is why I HAVE CUSTODY of him.

Hey Mark,

My apologies- I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. FWIW I've taken my son on plenty of rides, but always for fun and always outside of the city. Any other time he's safely belted in the car.

When you spill your guts and share the ugly details of your divorce and custody battle on a public forum you are inviting comment. Perhaps you might want to keep the personal details to yourself next time. I'm just sayin'...

Good luck and Happy Trails!