Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

webfact

Today, 2010-05-15 08:00:27

Group: Admin

Member No.: 327

3 injured as van trying to clash through security checkpoint at Makkasan

A van was speeding to the security checkpoint under the Airport Link Makkasan station at about 30 minutes after midnight, prompting troops to fire at it.

After the van was stopped because of the firing, troops found three persons inside. They were severely injured with bullet wounds. One of them is a boy, who appears to be 10 years old.

The driver has apparently drunk.

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

From the Sat update thread.

Abhisit as PM allows army to shoot children.

Disgraceful.

Well they are shooting kids now, but no doubt its done to "international standards" ? !! Disgrace.

it was a van crashing a checkpoint, maybe a car bomb filled with fertiliser from a peaceful protesting farmer

they have yet to invent x ray specs to see who's inside.....

and what about some condemantion of the drunken red father

oh sorry you can't be critical of reds can you?

its clear you have red head syndrome:

Red Head Syndrome

this syndrome manifests itself by aggressively, demeaning anyone who dares to speak badly of a red shirt supporter

it can be cured by a short posting holiday from Thai Visa to give you some time to practice courtesy to other posters

i am sure you have probably had one period of enforced rehab before, but multiple doses are often required for serious sufferers

sadly for some, red head syndrome can be a terminal disease

its predicted by experts in the country where it was first detected that there will be many deaths before it completely eradicated

its rumored a reclusive, megalomaniac, billionaire has isolated the cure for this serious psychosis but refuses to administer it for free for the benefit of the sufferers.

he expects to come to the country of its origin and make more billions from exploiting this red syndrome phenomenon

although the authorities would like access to a swift and painless cure for the sufferer's, they are reluctant to accept this billionaires extreme terms and conditions for the release of the cure to the infected masses

consequently they continue to work tirelessly to try stop this virus spreading any further and to try to contain it to one single area of contamination in the centre of Bangkok

government agencies currently have this area surrounded and is monitoring the inhabitants activities

its become apparent that one major symptom of the syndrome is the fear of being in enclosed spaces

some badly infected individuals have been trying to break out of this isolation area and have reacted violently towards their guards

its feared that some of the inhabitants of this isolation area will succumb to the violent effects that this syndrome can create within the host

for these sad individuals there can be no cure.

Copyright 2010 Timekeeperpedia @ curesforredheadsyndrome (dot) com

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Video footage here of Nelson Rand being shot, make of it what you will but for me this is the most damming video to come out in the last two months.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vide...mayhem.cnn.html

Not to defend or attack any party,

but I remember the press being told to wear green arm bands, that say PRESS on them.

He is in a black shirt, no arm band and we know black shirts are thought to be Ronin Warriors.

He may have wandered into some thing he didn't quite understand well enough.

Really too bad what happened to him of course, I hope he has a complete recovery.

Edited by animatic

There is now evidence of army shooting people waving white flags, army shooting children, army shooting red shirts in the head (how many are dead now from bullet wounds?).

This is not "international standards" and shows just how desperate that Abhisit and the Democrat/Bhumjaitai coalition are to cling to power and money at all costs......

Can you please point out, at what stage in the video, anyone was being shot.

And children??? You are part of the red propaganda parade, aren't you!!!

Video footage here of Nelson Rand being shot, make of it what you will but for me this is the most damming video to come out in the last two months.

Very damning.

Abhisit and his Democrat/Bhumjathai coalition just get more and more blood on their hands as they try to cling to power regardless to the loss of life.

Abhisit?????? The Army is shooting because they got shot? All that exchange of fire, yesterday. Peaceful demonstrators who got shot by the evil army can not exchange fire, because they don't have guns!

Forgot April 10? 200 Army injured. Forgot all the videos of the black Ronin?

No question that some soldiers, most are almost children, overreact sometimes.

By PRAVIT ROJANAPHRUK

THE NATION

"Are you yellow or red?" an old lady asked me.

After telling the shop owner, a Thai-Chinese lady in her late fifties that I'm from The Nation, widely regarded as an anti-red media, she began confiding that she "dislikes reds".

Just in case anybody was unsure about bias.

I have seen similar comments on the forum recently. I had sympathy with what the Reds were trying to do and certainly up until a few days ago it appeared that they had achieved their objective. They had the government on the run and had election dates on the table, an offer of an easy way out for all that would/should have avoided more bloodshed.

If anyone was unsure of their "not so hidden agenda", certainly that of the main leaders and their swelled bank accounts then that became apparent when every reasonable attempt at compromise was rejected or simply ignored. Sadly the women and children are/were unaware of that agenda being continually fed the democracy line. Seh Daeng actually came out and confirmed what most knew already, that the return of Thaksin and him reclaiming the money and power was what it is all about.

Mt Thaksin, you had a lot of followers and sympathy from many despite your well known failings and there may well have been a chance of a return someday. Talking to my many Thai friends that has now changed dramatically and you have become a pariah in what you call your beloved country. I doubt if you will ever be in Thailand again unless it is the way that your many enemies would prefer, but they are more likely to prevent even that.

What's the answer to this very sad situation this lovely country is in? No idea- but hopefully it is resolved soon.

"... it appeared that they had achieved their objective. They had the government on the run and had election dates on the table, ..."

...Sir, it "appeared, that "they had the government on the run..."

it "appeared that they had an objective..."

what is this objective - democracy?

joining ranks with someone like Thaksin?

you resume your assumption with "swollen bank accounts...."

This mob has the same "objective" as Mr.Thaksin has, ABSOLUTE POWER!

See how they treat everyone else - see how democratic the red mob is?

the daily claims that they have nothing to do with Mr.Thaksin, but on any occasion, if things

seems to run out of hand, if things seem to get out of (his) control he's on the phone, on twitter, online...

this is very, very bad for this country, very bad, mega bad!

Last evenings News, BBC, CNN, DW-NEWS filled with bad news about the riots in Bangkok.

Foreign ministries of many countries issued travel warnings, many package operators canceled trip s to

Bangkok/Thailand.....

This "Democracy Movement" = is the blueprint of what they claim they are fighting against - Thaksinocracy!

If anyone thought the yellow did damage - please re-asses at the damage done over the last 18 Months!

Maybe so UG, but if he quoted you as to saying something you DIDN'T say, would you still agree with his/her action?

No, but I do agree with the point about hateful posts - which is what I commented on. :)

And I also agree with that UG, but I was quoted as doing something I wasnt & I am certainly one of the posters here at TV that has constantly expressed my hopes that this problem is sorted out peacefully.

As I said a few posts before, I fear that tomorrow morning we'll have some really bad news.

It is a habit of parrots, to repeat without any real meaning, actually a dictionary definition of the word. :)

OMG that is certainly danming evidence against the yellowshirts. People waving white flags in surrender and the shooting of foriegn jurno again after it is clearly visible he is wounded and begging for help. That is straight out attemted murder. The only threat he poses is revealing the truth so kill him I guess was thier reason.

There is now evidence of army shooting people waving white flags, army shooting children, army shooting red shirts in the head (how many are dead now from bullet wounds?).

This is not "international standards" and shows just how desperate that Abhisit and the Democrat/Bhumjaitai coalition are to cling to power and money at all costs......

and then theres reds shooting army officials who could have shot them if they had chosen to

instead they took their guns from them and shot them with them

Why is the idiot dressed in black wearing sunglasses with no visable signs of him being a reporter.Has he got shit for brains or did he think he was immune to bullets.

noel2499rk - Video footage here of Nelson Rand being shot, make of it what you will but for me this is the most damming video to come out in the last two months.

Damning to who.... Ask your self a question. Which side of the fence was he on?

So by this logic everybody on the wrong side of the fence should be shot, wouldn't it be more cost effective to simply to drop a large bomb.

You're the one dragging bombs into this.

So what was he doing there in the first place?

Were the soldiers taking fire?

Why wasn't he wearing regular press ID. (green armband)

Just a few more questions you need to ask yourself.

I have to agree, he looked more like a black shirt guard than a reporter

Saw this after positng similarly.

He seemed to not really understand the situation well.

Don't go into a battle zone when you don't understand

what the players will be thinking is a danger to them, for BOTH sides.

Edited by animatic

Please take the time to keep up with events and stop being so aggressive......

From the update thread for Sat - child with bullet wounds.

webfact

Post #19

A van was speeding to the security checkpoint under the Airport Link Makkasan station at about 30 minutes after midnight, prompting troops to fire at it.

After the van was stopped because of the firing, troops found three persons inside. They were severely injured with bullet wounds. One of them is a boy, who appears to be 10 years old.

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

Edited by LevelHead

No. Not footage of him *being* shot.

Footage of him lying on the ground *after* having been shot.

Actually, if you watch carefully, he apparently gets shot in the leg @ 0:017-18. Even the narrator of the video indicates that.

OK. I didn't have audio.

Would a shot from that close (the army) have caused more damage?

webfact

What a stupid comment.

If a van speeds through a check point what do you expect at a time like this?

Blame lies entirely with the driver.

As for international standards what do you think would have happened in Northern Ireland not so many years ago if you tried a similar stunt?

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

From the Sat update thread.

Abhisit as PM allows army to shoot children.

Disgraceful.

Well they are shooting kids now, but no doubt its done to "international standards" ? !! Disgrace.

Not to defend or attack any party,

but I remember the press being told to wear green arm bands, that say PRESS on them.

He is in a black shirt, no arm band and we know black shirts are thought to be Ronin Warriors.

He may have wandered into some thing he didn't quite understand well enough.

Really to bad what happened to him of course, I hope he has a complete recovery.

He is already sitting up in hospital talking and cursing the army apparently.

By PRAVIT ROJANAPHRUK

THE NATION

"Are you yellow or red?" an old lady asked me.

After telling the shop owner, a Thai-Chinese lady in her late fifties that I'm from The Nation, widely regarded as an anti-red media, she began confiding that she "dislikes reds".

Just in case anybody was unsure about bias.

I have seen similar comments on the forum recently. I had sympathy with what the Reds were trying to do and certainly up until a few days ago it appeared that they had achieved their objective. They had the government on the run and had election dates on the table, an offer of an easy way out for all that would/should have avoided more bloodshed.

If anyone was unsure of their "not so hidden agenda", certainly that of the main leaders and their swelled bank accounts then that became apparent when every reasonable attempt at compromise was rejected or simply ignored. Sadly the women and children are/were unaware of that agenda being continually fed the democracy line. Seh Daeng actually came out and confirmed what most knew already, that the return of Thaksin and him reclaiming the money and power was what it is all about.

Mt Thaksin, you had a lot of followers and sympathy from many despite your well known failings and there may well have been a chance of a return someday. Talking to my many Thai friends that has now changed dramatically and you have become a pariah in what you call your beloved country. I doubt if you will ever be in Thailand again unless it is the way that your many enemies would prefer, but they are more likely to prevent even that.

What's the answer to this very sad situation this lovely country is in? No idea- but hopefully it is resolved soon.

"... it appeared that they had achieved their objective. They had the government on the run and had election dates on the table, ..."

...Sir, it "appeared, that "they had the government on the run..."

it "appeared that they had an objective..."

what is this objective - democracy?

joining ranks with someone like Thaksin?

you resume your assumption with "swollen bank accounts...."

This mob has the same "objective" as Mr.Thaksin has, ABSOLUTE POWER!

See how they treat everyone else - see how democratic the red mob is?

the daily claims that they have nothing to do with Mr.Thaksin, but on any occasion, if things

seems to run out of hand, if things seem to get out of (his) control he's on the phone, on twitter, online...

this is very, very bad for this country, very bad, mega bad!

Last evenings News, BBC, CNN, DW-NEWS filled with bad news about the riots in Bangkok.

Foreign ministries of many countries issued travel warnings, many package operators canceled trip s to

Bangkok/Thailand.....

This "Democracy Movement" = is the blueprint of what they claim they are fighting against - Thaksinocracy!

If anyone thought the yellow did damage - please re-asses at the damage done over the last 18 Months!

if democracy and freedom are the reds goal, then once that is achieved why are they told to vote Phua Thai

isn't that a contradiction in terms.........?

As for the FARANG tourists that you seem to dislike so much- they prop up the economy in this country, without them the economy will crash imo.

You seem to thing that Tourism is the main source of income for thais. Its not. Remove yourself from Tourist Thailand and go check the rest of it out......tourist schmourist.

:)

Try to think past sexpats going to Pattaya, tourists come from all over the world, go to all parts of the country, and come for all sorts of reasons (e.g., medical tourists).

Tourism and industries supporting tourism and the money from it account for a significant part of the Thai economy. The knock on effect of reduced tourism in supporting industries is potentially devastating, from the guy who sells diesel to people running the laundry service to those that fit mosquito screens in serviced apartments. It effects everyone.

Grumpy old lonesome farang Tourists? It is about the farangs who spreading here their hate at TVF. If these Farangs, who do nothing else than begging for violence and bloodshed, shut up and GO HOME Thailand would be better of and miss nothing.

Some farang steal your khotoi?

I get so inflamed when I hear some posters use "murder" and Murders" with regard to the present govt. and army and how they are handling this situation....... The reds are asking for it, Just the same as if they got behind the wheel drunk and got killed by a truck or bus --THAT'S NOT "MURDER" ........ That is asking for trouble. There are a number of REDS (Blacks) who are obviously sacntioned to assemble with the reds who are heavily armed. The POOR are the ones I feel sorry for and who will pay the dearest price in many cases because they are the "sacraficial sheep" and they have been so HYPED-up just like religious leaders who can preach the 'fire and brimstone' crap and the whole congregation chimes in with "praise-the-Lord" (in this case maybe "praise Taksin")..................... Now these POOR are given their fists and sling-shots and charge the armed forces, Kinda stupid if you ask me, but then again they are so hyped-up they think they can do it.............. You could use the word MURDER if they had peacefully obeyed the authorities and just sat in their campsite and then they were approached and shot............ You could use MURDER if they asked to be let thru the soldiers to go home and then got shot in the back - that would be murder. But when they have been all hyped up by the red bosses and told to go charge the army using rocks and sticks and bare hands, then it is the red bosses who are responsible for their murder when they die. If a dog charges me with only it's teeth, it will get killed if I have a weapon.... I don't blame anyone to defend themselves from attack and the attacker may often get hurt or killed, even stupid people know that, but when you are all hyped up - you may lose your good judgement. The Army and police, from all I've heard, have not yet tried to charge in in them, the army has just enforced a perimeter around them, which the army has more right to do than any red-shirt has to be there presently. Obviously that has pissed the reds off (Like a bank robber being pissed about guards at the bank) and they are being offensive. It was made very clear that the were free to leave, but no more could come in--- Pissed again. If they didn't ask for trouble (like driving drunk) then trouble wouldn't be looking for you. And don't try to convince me it is about democracy --- Their idea of democracy is like "2 WOLVES and a SHEEP voting on what to have for lunch..............

Why is the idiot dressed in black wearing sunglasses with no visable signs of him being a reporter.Has he got shit for brains or did he think he was immune to bullets.

No green armband, no clear idea of who shot him, and he's standing in the middle of a gun battle..... sorry, but I don't feel sorry for him.

Here is another element to the story as reported in this Daily Telegraph article.. I have no idea how much truth there is in the claim that elements of the police force are siding with the protestors, but if true it is a highly significant development.

well it is quite easy to see that the reporter is an idiot. i.e. the red offered to negotiate but the govt did not reply, the hard line govt vowed to seal of protest area... that speak volumes about the writer.

The guy wearing the hat in the picture is a policeman from Bangmod, Rama2 road in Bangkok.post-106642-1273887595_thumb.png

Very damning.

Abhisit and his Democrat/Bhumjathai coalition just get more and more blood on their hands as they try to cling to power regardless to the loss of life.

Abhisit?????? The Army is shooting because they got shot? All that exchange of fire, yesterday. Peaceful demonstrators who got shot by the evil army can not exchange fire, because they don't have guns!

Forgot April 10? 200 Army injured. Forgot all the videos of the black Ronin?

No question that some soldiers, most are almost children, overreact sometimes.

no guns?

on TNN24 i saw protestors making and carrying molotov cocktails and then they focused in on two individuals with poorly disguised assault rifles at their sides who promptly ran away when they saw the camera on them.

on Al Jazeera they have video of reds with handguns

so much for these poor peaceful protestors.......

webfact

Post #19

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

Child shot was in a van with an adult who was drunk

Was tring to break thru a barricade

What would you do if you were the soldier in this case?

The drink person in the van gets full credit for this

shooting

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

Oh. A drunk driver in a van speeding towards the army, with a child on board.

And how exactly is the army supposed to know that a child was there? What did you expect the army to do?

Where is your condemnation of the driver? **Having a child in the car with him.** Being drunk. Speeding towards an army checkpoint.

edit: aggressive? I said please. And you are part of the red propaganda parade, twisting that into "army shooting at children".

Edited by whybother

webfact

Post #19

-- The Nation 2010-05-15

A man driving fast and not stopping at a military check point..... he got shot.

Sadly he was drunk and had his kid in the car, THIS is why there should be no children at the protest site, because of irresponsible parents like this!

There was a warning put out yesterday i think it was from FCC advising all media to wear bright colours and green arm bands , he is a sitting duck dressed in black especially if he is holding something that may look like a hand gun.

No. Not footage of him *being* shot.

Footage of him lying on the ground *after* having been shot.

Actually, if you watch carefully, he apparently gets shot in the leg @ 0:017-18. Even the narrator of the video indicates that.

OK. I didn't have audio.

Would a shot from that close (the army) have caused more damage?

Sorry, I've only ever been shot once, I'm not an expert ballistics guru. Of course in the video we don't get to see the shooter, where he is standing and what he is using. Getting shot can be quite a painful experience, perhaps next time the reporter will take greater care, remembering that self preservation rules over the scoop story or photograph. Definately should of been wearing a green armband :)

16 dead.

No soldiers.

Who is using "live ammo" ?

Certainly looks like its just the Government side, those who should be trying to stop violence and killing, but they are the ones doing the killing.

Thnk God no soldiers dead, otherways ...........

Or do you think your FREEDUMB fighters friends will back you

Some posters here calling Nelson a idiot or inexperienced

"Nelson Rand is an intrepid adventurer. Despite the warnings and threats against his life, he journeyed into the most dangerous parts of Southeast Asia to witness the plight of the oppressed. He hiked through the jungles of Laos to interview Hmong guerillas, the remnants of the rebel army that refused to surrender to the communist government.

In Vietnam, he ventured into the central highlands to document the civil rights abuses suffered by the Montagard people, persecuted by the communist government because they fought alongside American forces in the Vietnam War.

He saw action in Burma where he joined forces with the Karen National Liberation Army and accompanied the insurgents as they mounted full scale attacks on Junta forces. Rand describes the Karen's plight as one of the worst humanitarian disasters of our time. He documented cases of rape, killings, torture and the forced relocation of Karen villages.

His audacious journey also took him to southern Thailand in search of Islamic extremists, who have turned the region into a war zone.

While travelling in Cambodia, he accompanied government soldiers on their final offensive against the Khmer Rouge. Rand's book is a highly informative but sobering portrait of Southeast Asia and its secret conflicts."

http://www.dcothai.com/product_info.php?products_id=973

Its a very informative book actually and an easy read I can recommend it