Isusu Bearing

I have taken my highlander for a regular service to isusu and they have said that the bearings need re-greasing,it's done about 130000 kilometer, I have never heard of this before so I am just asking will it need doing or are they looking for work

I thought all bearings are sealed nowadays, like wheel,prop,steering ect, but if your Isuzu has had regular services, then greasing should be a part of it, {if it has grease nipples? } Perhaps check your service shecdule handbook, see if it refers to greasing atall?

If your truck is front wheel drive, perhaps it has a split gaitor on a driveshaft, loosing grease and drying out the CV joint, if this was the case, they should reccomend the work immediatly,

Take the truck back to the garage and ask them where it needs greasing or lubing, besides the normal points of the doors, bonnet hinges, tailgage lock and hinges, handbrake linkage,throttle linkage,AC vent control linkage,Wiper links,

Good luck..

Front wheel bearings on RWD vehicles just the same as rears on FWD vehicles are not sealed and require greasing on occasion usually when the front brakes are done but less likely if you have front disk which is most likely. It would be nice to know which bearings you're referring to? Quite a general piece of posting OP but not all bearings are sealed....... FWD hub bearings are a different matter however and are sealed but I don't know of any FWD trucks in Thailand or many other places for that matter..

If that is 130,000k and not a typo then I'd say you're definitely due maybe 60,000 or so over...

FWD truck?? Not since the VW pick up that I can recall...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thanks for the replies I think what they want to do is strip down the hubs front and back re-pack the grease and fit new seals.There are no greasing points

In the service book there nothing stating about this,but the book only goes up to 100000 kilometers ( the warenty )

Quite a general piece of posting OP but not all bearings are sealed....... FWD hub bearings are a different matter however and are sealed but I don't know of any FWD trucks in Thailand or many other places for that matter..

FWD truck?? Not since the VW pick up that I can recall...

Isnt the Nissan NV front wheel drive (fwd) and a truck?