How Is Fishing In Thailand?

Griizley

How is fishing in Thailand?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will be visiting Thailand for the first time this coming August...I live in Florida and have lived in New England so fishing is a hobby of mine...

I want to know how fishing is in Thailand :)

Is beach fishing any good?

I have looked on Google but I would find it much more helpful to receive input from people who have fished Thailand.

There are lots of pay for play fishing ponds scattered throughout Thailand. They are relatively inexpensive. Understand that Thais eat everything that crawls, slithers, slides, hops, runs, walks, jumps, swims, flies, or even lies there inert. And, it doesn't matter how small it is. If it is alive the Thais will eat it. I haven't found beach fishing particularly good, but if you know where to go then sometimes you will be surprised. As Mossfin says... check out the fishing forum. It's a sub-forum of sports.

See fishing is bad but some of the ponds in Bangkok are quite nice.

You got the famous and too expensive bungsamran.

You got shadow lake (quite nice but harder to catch fish)

You got sakuna (nice fun too)

and many other smaller lakes too.

• 2 weeks later...

^ The same could be said for anywhere in the world, if you do not get to know your water, species and methods.

I have fished unstocked lakes such as Srinakarin Dam and have done very well, spinning lures (gold / silver spoons) for Jungle Perch, and frog lures Snakehead.

The sea fishing is also excellent, if you have a good skipper.

Stocked lakes are plentiful, and great fun.