Blood Donations Needed Urgently!

jingjingna

Urgent Blood Donations needed for a dear friend and colleague.

Miss Prapernjit Rayamsri (blood group O ) is currently in the Critical Care Unit ( Emergency Room) at Chonburi Government Hospital. She has a life threatening condition and needs your help..so please, if you can please donate.

Her family cannpot speak English but if you wish to leave a contact number so we can thank you then feel free to P.M me.

Please, please all of you able to donate ...please do so URGENTLY!

Thanks!

*bumped* with best wishes

A thought occurred to me just now; we see a few of these requests for help with blood. A better and more connected man than I might consider setting up a thread for those that are kind enough to be willing (and able) to donate in emergencies to 'register' so theyre easily found on one place....place of residence, blood group etc.

If I lived in Thailand full-time I'd definitely do it

Thanks Damacles but I thought such a thing already existed..even put my own name down for it a few years back.

Anyway, anyone reading, please consider donating your blood to help a lovely Thai teacher.

Thanks and prayers

Is that O NEGATIVE? If yes, I have that blood.

I live in Pattaya and am presently not able to drive to Chonburi. I have to be near my ailing 88year old mother. Can I donate somewhere in a Pattaya Hospital? Like BKK Hospital? Please make arrangements for Pattaya residents to donate their blood there and arrange transfer to Chonburi. Pattay is a more likely place than Chonburi to find possible 0 RH NEG donors. You can PM me as well to save time.

Edited by Dario

Nice one Darlo :) good for you

JingJingna I havent seen any reconciled list of available donors in a thread (if you can find it and it has what you need, I'd be pm'ing everyone suitable to see if they are able), but maybe it does exist here...still working my way around the forums....

Here on Samui the Round table organised a database of those expats willing to donate blood, their blood type and contact numbers. This database was then distributed to the various hospitals on the island. Now in an emergency like this the hospital has the necessary information to get the blood needed. Maybe someone could organise the same via TV for the Pattaya area as they did here ? Good luck to the lady

Unfortunately, I have been informed by the Thai Red Cross, that if you are 60 years or older, you are unable to donate blood. I don't know why this rule exists, as most expats in Thailand are retired and some if not most are of the age of 60+ years old.

Barry

Here on Samui the Round table organised a database of those expats willing to donate blood, their blood type and contact numbers. This database was then distributed to the various hospitals on the island. Now in an emergency like this the hospital has the necessary information to get the blood needed. Maybe someone could organise the same via TV for the Pattaya area as they did here ? Good luck to the lady

I guess you have to be sober to donate your blood. Would make a short list then here in Pattaya.

Hallo !

I am Peter ..a 49 Year old German Non smoker and Non Drinker living in Thailand !

I have Blood 0-

I am in the Moment in Laos ..back to Bangkok and Pattaya on Thuesday ...if You need urgend Blood and can't wait, please mail me back.

May be if very urgent i can be There in Chonburi on Thuersday Morning with my Car !

Peter

Barry I think you will find that it is the guys mother who is over 60. 88 actually :) He may be 60 + or not ?

Yes, I'm 64. But I never heard anything like this. I have a donor card from the Thai Red Cross.

Edited by Dario

In emergency requests such as this,the knee jerk reaction is to help in whatever way one is able.However if one were to reflect on blood transfusion services in general,individual donations for a particular individual only occur in special circumstances,for example liver transplantation,when living related donor may be used.

Most blood transfusion services have a pool of donated blood and blood products which are transferred to the requesting hospital blood transfusion lab.

Very few elective surgical procedures require large amounts of blood to be transfused,the exceptions being major heart and blood vessel surgery,as well as the forementioned liver transplantation,and a few others.

I think all blood transfusion services world wide are grateful for any blood donation,particularly at times when a large number of trauma victims are probably stretching existing blood stocks to the limit.Bangkok civil strife would provide an example of this.

Few surgeons/anaesthesiologists would embark on major elective surgery in the absence of adequate transfusion backup.I would imagine that this principle would apply in a Chonburi hospital.

I am sure that given present political circumstances in Thailand every blood donation will be welcomed,and the proviso regarding over 60's may well be to prevent adverse effects of the donation on the donor.

All types of blood being accepted for the patient at Chonburi Government Hospital.

Dr Wuttichot has said that he can exchange the donated blood to the type he needs from other hospital reserves.

Donations are only being accepted at Chonburi Govt Hospital...so if anyone is in the area or is willling to go out of their way to make the trip, your efforts would be most appreciated by the patient, her family and friends!

Thanks!