Motorcycle Taxis Inflating Prices

HotelManager

MOTORCYCLE TAXIS INFLATING PRICES  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MOTORCYCLE TAXIS INFLATING PRICES

I am disgusted at the motorcycle taxis inflating their prices up to 300% over the normal fare, taking advantage of the few Bangkokians still going to work.

My employees make 500 Baht a day and spent over 300 bath on motorcycle taxis. Motorcycles taxis should be deeply ashamed of ripping off their fellow Thais.

They are cheating their own and I hope someone will catch up with them. Baaaaah on them!

Edited by HotelManager

Traffic is lighter in certain Bangkok areas, but in most Bangkok areas it's very heavy due to detoured traffic! Motorcycles do well in heavy traffic while taxi's set stuck in heavy traffic as motorcycles cruise past them. The only way to get to some places right now is via motorcycle or your feet. Plus, a lot of bus and taxi companies/operators don't want to risk damage to their buses/taxis by getting stuck in protest areas; it's much easier for motorcycles to escape a bad situation.

Edited by Pib

I have found that Motorbike taxis have been raising their prices at an alarming rate over the last couple of years. It is cheaper for me to take taxis. All depends on how fast you need to get through traffic sometimes. I think they are getting greedy in BKK

Why don't you pay your employees more to make up their shortfall?

Perhaps it is not good Economics for the business Einstein,

The heart says yes but the pocket says NO!!!

So people should go to work when they spend 60%

of the daily income on transportation?

Not worth going is it ... no employees means no

hotel .... Einstein

Short term loss for owner to make his employees happy

seems a no brainer to me