More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

According to international news, the government is sending the Thai Red Cross into the mob's encampment tomorrow to try and convince women, children and anyone who want's to t leave - can't say fairer than that. Those who remain will have to accept the consequences.

There is no way anyone in his right mind can blame the government for any deaths after so much effort.

Get out, go home or ..........

Interesting film coverage of reds looting shops and banks - the only thing where they get it wrong is that some woman reporter pointed at rocks and molotov cocktails and saying those are the mobs weapons .... there are so many pictures of them with guns and of course their favorite M79 grenades that this comes down to bad reporting.

Can you give me a video link to reds with arms outside the encampment

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying out next monday, coming back end of July. Visa expires in June. So I need to extend and get a re-entry permit.

too bad :-( next Wed go to the immigration and explain the situation, they may help !

post it again in the immigration forum and you may find couple of victims like you !

( sorry for off-topic )

If that doesn't work, get all the farang together who are unfairly being billed for overstay - and start burning tires in front of the Imm office.

Seriously though, I sympathize with your plight. I once lost my passport on the day I needed to do a visa run. It was the day before the 10 day Sonkran craziness. It took me nearly 2 weeks to get straightened out, and the Imm office offered me no break. Even when I showed them the letter from my consulate (asking for leniency), they didn't read it, scoffed and tossed it aside.

Why is it some people cannot respond to a post they disagree with without name calling? Do they not realize it will almost surely result in a suspension? Reminds of this illegal red mob who just keep shooting themselves in the foot in terms of having any of their grievances heard ... if they have any real ones beyond house dissolution.

oic You strictly observe your own warning! Are you exempt from you own rule?

Quoted from your post " illegal red mob "

LOL!

Hmmmm

1) Illegal --- under the law the gathering is not legal.

2) Red --- they declare they are redshirts

3) Mob --- This has been used by the Thai newspapers from day one. They are not organized and have no command and control. They are a mob.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me!

Seems you don't comply with jc's rule either. Please note that I neither endorsed or disagreed with any of the names you folks have chosen to label people with. A little testy up there in CM? Maybe the two of you should get together and get your definition of name calling put in next year's dictionary. By the way, I think lots of TV forum posters must be watching satellite TV these days. It looks like the phrase "Day1 and Day one" being so often repeated there in the last 2 weeks has found its way in the forums. So much for originality here.

From the window of my apartment on Mahadlekluan 2 I have just seen 7 strange floating bags coming down from the sky. One landed on our soi and a security guard picked it up. They look like laundry bags. One still floating in the sky looked like it had smoke coming out the bottom of it. Strange.

Chinese lanterns?

220px-LK_03_loy_krathong_yi_peng_san_sai.jpg

My guess it are Khom Fai dropping back.

I've been reading that the protesters let them up to annoy the heli's

As I understand the 'mob' numbers around 3500 people.

The army which are professional soldiers, trained with real weapons have made absolutely no attempt to close down this relatively small demonstration. Instead they have been playing games with yobs who have come out of their encampment specifically to bait them either with obscensities, firecrackers, burning tyres, the odd rock or whatever.

While the Thai Army were supposed to go in and close the demonstration actually in order to get some decent confrontation the yobs had to go out of their encampment and find them. As a result lots of yobs got killed but quite frankly, a burning tyre is hardly a weapon of mass destruction. So the soldiers can claim victory, no casualties but they are setting the bar very low.

(I was told today out of interest that noone in the Thai forces has ever been trained in riot control.)

The Thai military BTW can usually undertake a coup of the whole country within about 5 hours (assuming no bad traffic) so 3 days of doing nothing but shooting a few idiots without any achievements, ground achieved, even an approach on their encampment wasnt brilliant. If they hadnt actually been around, the Reds would have the same encampment without the shooting.

But boys will be boys.

Latest development, Rama 4 Tesco Lotus is set fired by Red protesters that thought there is army hiding inside the building.

Naaa, they probably ran out of red bull

they also have been looting 7/11's and other shops, broken into banks ... it's party time for Thailand's criminals ... until tomorrow afternoon anyway and than its time to pay the piper

Here goes the reconciliation ...
RT @georgebkk: Tweets saying Sathorn Soi1 has been invaded by redshirts. Residents stay home until confirmation. (TBC)

... another Embassy area.

Would be interesting to see if they storm and take over the US Embassy to see if the US would head its own advice of negotiating and talking and not using force.

why not confine your idle day dream to your head or wife.

US will be insensed with gov now they refuse talks and have shun UN again and show all day live on TV that soldiers shoot indiscrim because cannot see who they shoot.

shoot some coke delivery man, ambulance man, 10 year old boy and taxi driver. that sound like crack force in control or more like scared consripts scared not to obey orders because they get kill from army generals like 5 men in thread yesterday.

Army even kill 5 of its own and dump in sea for now kill farmers. nice guys it is you love. lucky you know nothing at all about them so you cannot be scare yet.

Viking? Eric the Red perchance?

Latest development, Rama 4 Tesco Lotus is set fired by Red protesters that thought there is army hiding inside the building.

they also have been looting 7/11's and other shops, broken into banks ... it's party time for Thailand's criminals ... until tomorrow afternoon anyway and than its time to pay the piper

Just to clarify, is this the Tesco lotus situated across Carrefoure near the Gluay Nam Tai intersection?

Latest Death Toll: '29' (All Civilians). Injured: '221' /via @tulsathit

shows who the main aggressors are, the army!!

facts to back up the statement!!

Shows who are using better combat tactics. And in terms of weapons, the military is actually out-gunned, Reds are using grenades, military isn't.

My dear James, you hit the nail on the head with "Your idea on how to resolve a dispute between two parties is for them to allow you to dictate what they must do?"

That is EXACTLY what the reds have been doing since day1.

Got your point! I'll just put you contribution in the category of never mind. No chance of thinking outside the box there.

Why put him in your category, what did he do to deserve that?

According to international news, the government is sending the Thai Red Cross into the mob's encampment tomorrow to try and convince women, children and anyone who want's to t leave - can't say fairer than that. Those who remain will have to accept the consequences.

There is no way anyone in his right mind can blame the government for any deaths after so much effort.

actually I don't understand 'it is tomorrow' and why it is not TODAY ?

I think the reason is that they have been increasing the pressure over the last few day's hoping to persuade more people to realize that if they stay, they will get hurt or die. Tomorrow will be the last attempt to remove as many as possible and than, serious action will follow shortly

The men in Black are sitting quietly and waiting.

They have not given away their positions.

If they are charged upon, they will fill the streets with dead young Thai army members.

They shot 245 in just 10 minutes but were using rubber bullets the last time they were charged at.

This time, the bullets will be real.

I predict that the army cannot get any large number of army to go against the group.

Why?

Most are pro red.

Their friends in Black are also army and have warned them.

The endless warnings by the joke Thai government will become just endless threats with nothing to back them up.

Good luck because the fight could turn into war if the reds are attacked in force.

Just my opinion of course.

I am very surprised at how diplomatic Abhisit is ... right down to his still calling this a gathering or protest and not calling it one of the things it clearly is ... A group of people who have STOLE billions of dollars (US$) in public and private property and are holding it hostage.

At this point they really are no different than a group of armed robbers hold up in a bank. There is nothing political about doing either.

Edited by jcbangkok

Here goes the reconciliation ...
RT @georgebkk: Tweets saying Sathorn Soi1 has been invaded by redshirts. Residents stay home until confirmation. (TBC)

... another Embassy area.

Would be interesting to see if they storm and take over the US Embassy to see if the US would head its own advice of negotiating and talking and not using force.

why not confine your idle day dream to your head or wife.

US will be insensed with gov now they refuse talks and have shun UN again and show all day live on TV that soldiers shoot indiscrim because cannot see who they shoot.

shoot some coke delivery man, ambulance man, 10 year old boy and taxi driver. that sound like crack force in control or more like scared consripts scared not to obey orders because they get kill from army generals like 5 men in thread yesterday.

Army even kill 5 of its own and dump in sea for now kill farmers. nice guys it is you love. lucky you know nothing at all about them so you cannot be scare yet.

Dear Viking75; Blah, blah, blah, rhubarb, rhubarb rhubarb post-105662-1274015074.gif post-105662-1274015074.gif post-105662-1274015074.gif post-105662-1274015110.gif

that's about much sense as your'e making

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

Maybe people get killed and injured because they attack the army, refuse to obey orders, etc. I don´t think I have seen any red supporter here talking about people braking the law and if you accept what the reds are doing, say that you accept a mob to over throw a legal goverment, because their leaders are afraid to go to jail.

Shows who are using better combat tactics. And in terms of weapons, the military is actually out-gunned, Reds are using grenades, military isn't.

I would like to ask, who are you calling civilians??? those former red shirt now plain shirt terrorists who use M79 grenades, AK47's, handguns etc... to kill anyone who is against them ?

Edited by BKjohn

actually I don't understand 'it is tomorrow' and why it is not TODAY ?

I think the reason is that they have been increasing the pressure over the last few day's hoping to persuade more people to realize that if they stay, they will get hurt or die. Tomorrow will be the last attempt to remove as many as possible and than, serious action will follow shortly

If, as you say, "the government is sending the Thai Red Cross into the mob's encampment", I would be very disappointed in the International Red Cross. I am hopeful that the Red Cross has requested permission to visit the encampment to enquire as to the well being of the protesters and offer them assistance. The International Red Cross is an independent organization and NO governement has the right to SEND them anyplace.

What about their own living quarters that is not far from Klong Toei slump area, that will be big disaster for the poor.

If anyone is interested in the reality of what really is happening in BKK go the NY Times and do a search on the current situation.

I dont think I can include the link due to censorship!

Uh, what? NY Times is not censored nor a banned medium here, stop the hyperbole crap...

I provided a link to the Economist earlier today, and later received a warning from moderators of being banned if it happened again. You know exactly why.

PS. I just read the article. It cannot be shared here.

Again, the NY Times is not banned here. If you are saying the article in question contains LM items, then say so. Saying something is LM is not an bannable offense and explains why a particular article would be off limit...and then give headline one can google for.

Thai army snipers in action

The last few seconds was really good, if you understand what they were saying. Unfortunately it is in Thai. I don't want to translate it for you.

Could you translate please? I watched the video and I'm quite curious.

Shows nothing of the sort.

But keep trying.

IMO it shows incredible restraint on the army as they are facing armed (fact) people who have said they will fight until the death (fact).

Also shows how violent the illegal red mob is as the military hasn't even attempted to enter the red fortress and reclaim the billions of dollars in property the reds have stolen and are holding hostage.

Maybe people get killed and injured because they attack the army, refuse to obey orders, etc. I don´t think I have seen any red supporter here talking about people braking the law and if you accept what the reds are doing, say that you accept a mob to over throw a legal goverment, because their leaders are afraid to go to jail.

Agree. I also agree that army snipers should be the judge jury and executioner.

What about their own living quarters that is not far from Klong Toei slump area, that will be big disaster for the poor.

Why is it some people cannot respond to a post they disagree with without name calling? Do they not realize it will almost surely result in a suspension? Reminds of this illegal red mob who just keep shooting themselves in the foot in terms of having any of their grievances heard ... if they have any real ones beyond house dissolution.

oic You strictly observe your own warning! Are you exempt from you own rule?

Quoted from your post " illegal red mob "

LOL!

wow, some reds here really should visit a psychiatrist quickly!

" illegal red mob " is a statement of fact - its a mob and it is illegal and to take it further, its a mob with a strong terrorist fraction mixed in

Let me say it is a different way so you will understand.

Without calling another poster a name.

I thought that most would understand this since it is against the rules and I mentioned suspension. However, saying the Military or the RedShirts are dumb is not against the rules as far as I know.

As foe Illegal Red Mob ... that is not name calling, that is an accurate description of this Illegal Red Mob as they are illegal, they are red shirts and they are a mob. So, for more clarification.

When I say "name calling" I am referring to verbal abuse to other posters. Think about "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"

Certainly things have names and we must use them when talking about these things.

Hopefully this will help you a little bit but if not, I have a feeling it will not matter as you will likely not be here for long.

jcbangkok; are you the forum police? yeah the name calling is tedious but your ranting is more irritating

Just to clarify, is this the Tesco lotus situated across Carrefoure near the Gluay Nam Tai intersection?

Bump. Anyone with any knowledge about the validity of this event would be very helpful.

Agree. I also agree that army snipers should be the judge jury and executioner.

what a wet comment.

The last few seconds was really good, if you understand what they were saying. Unfortunately it is in Thai. I don't want to translate it for you.

Someone translate please?

Could you translate please? I watched the video and I'm quite curious.

You don't believe me anyway. Go and get your girl friend to translate it for you.