More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Female reporter attacked by angry protesters

A Thai female reporter for France 24 TV was nearly lynched while she was interviewing a woman inside the Pathumwanaram Temple at noon Tuesday.

Nice Pojanametbalsatit had to run away from the angry protesters and rescued by guards before she was taken to the are area behind the Rajprasong rally stage.

She was interviewing a middle-aged woman who came to live inside the temple with two children.

During the interview, some protesters shouted that the reporter and her TV crew were setting up the interview to discredit the protesters.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-18

footer_n.gif

These people are so peaceful. The kind of folks we all want for next door neighbors. And it was inside a temple. They are also good Buddhists.

Just imagine then running the country.

Any red supporters want to comment on this one? Didn't think so.

Amazing that it was the guards that had to save her from the 'peaceful' if but paranoid protesters.

This has been well documented on another forum, basically, b0llocks.

refer to http://news.inbangkok.org/?p=2421

It was shown on Channel 3 that the coordinator was “taken” not “Attacked” at the backstage and the Red Guards mistakenly thought she was asking the woman to go home. She was released after wards.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key red-shirt leader Nutthawut Saigua has threatened to respond to the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation's accusation that the red-shirt protesters are terrorists with law suits of their own.

Might have escaped Nuttawut Saiguas notice but the somewhat visually overwhelming news clips of him on stage and sound clips of his and others espousing their violent rhetoric may rather weaken the case for the defence and strengthen the case for the prosecution.

If brains were dynamite the idiot couldn't even blow his nose

Weng on the toddler on tyres: Was never our resolution 4 anyone 2 do that. Parents must have just wanted to let him have fun /via @tulsathit

This guy is totally certified and needs to be commited to a mental instution ASAP.

And he wants to negotiate with the government? What a loon.

"Genghis61" The story you posted is the same as the original, the red shirt guards took the reporter backstage to protect her from the protestors that had attacked her.

The link supports the original version.

Now --- offering amnesty to all those in the rally that have NOT been violent is fine. Making the government round up those that were violent is also fine. (Let them ALL walk out and go home!) Taking the death penalty off the table and the standard 50% sentence for those that preached sedition/insurrection and yes even terrorism IF they turn themselves in today! also fine. Allowing for mitigation. fine! Counting those that funded this mess as the leaders? Mandatory!

well, looks like amnesty is getting some traction even among the TV hardliners. :D

your not quite there yet JD, but your moving in the right direction.

Yes it shows that the anti reds are willing to negotiate and want to minimalise the loss of life. Something that you reds have never shown. No negotiation or nothing. Just give into our demands.

Pathetic :)

Weng on the toddler on tyres: Was never our resolution 4 anyone 2 do that. Parents must have just wanted to let him have fun /via @tulsathit

This guy is totally certified and needs to be commited to a mental instution ASAP.

I agree that the boy should not be there.

I am not protecting the RED.

But the fact is that the boy is below Rama 4 express way, not the battle zone of Bon Kai, a few hundred down the road.

I live there. Lots of children live there and still run around, especially by the rail way track slum community below the express way, 5 meters from the tyres wall.

Don't believe me. Go see yourself. The people and their children still live there and play there.

RedShirts Storm Hospital

Red Shirts storm Thaicom

Red Shirts storm ASEAN Summit

RedShirts Storm EC & Seize Billions of Dollars in Private & Public Property

love it. can you tell me how you put up this youtube link and have the video show? mine just have text link

If you want to post a video from Youtube here, just follow this instructions to embed the video:

For example, if the Youtube.com video URL is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XesTKy0ro

Post like this:

[youtube]87XesTKy0ro[/youtube] and omit the original URL, just post the video ID, in this case: 87XesTKy0ro

I agree that the boy should not be there.

I am not protecting the RED.

But the fact is that the boy is below Rama 4 express way, not the battle zone of Bon Kai, a few hundred down the road.

I live there. Lots of children live there and still run around, especially by the rail way track slum community below the express way, 5 meters from the tyres wall.

Don't believe me. Go see yourself. The people and their children still live there and play there.

What you ARE doing is CLEARLY excusing this.

I think the VAST majority of people here and in the world would think there is either something seriously wrong with your logic skills or you are not being very honest.

The smoke in the background must be from a moe-sie

And the tires must be for traffic control.

The adults must be ducking because they lost something

And of course we cannot see the forcefield to stop bullets traveling there because it is invisible

Edited by jcbangkok

Watch at 32 seconds (look at man on right) and you will see why Reds are using fireworks and why fireworks & bottle rockets always precede attacks such as the grenade attacks on the SkyTrain.

Also, I will assume the kid learning to fire 47 seconds into the video is also located outside the danger zoner.

Watch at 32 seconds (look at man on right) and you will see why Reds are using fireworks and why fireworks & bottle rockets always precede attacks such as the grenade attacks on the SkyTrain.

It is difficult to make out. Was the guy who popped up during the firecrackers emptying a clip from an assault rifle at the soldiers? :)

It is difficult to make out. Was the guy who popped up during the firecrackers emptying a clip from an assault rifle at the soldiers? :)

I agree (difficult) especially since I am no firearms expert but his motions certainly seem to indicate he is firing some sort of automatic weapon. Grant it that some of these folks are insane and on drugs but why we he stand up and make these motions with what appears to be a rifle unless he wanted to die.

Maybe one of the ex-military or someone knowing firearms can jump in with an opinion.

Edited by jcbangkok

The troops should storm the Rajdaprasong site, clear up the women and children, put them in fortified buses and ship them to outlying provinces to 'process' before then shipping them home.

Then we'll see just how unarmed the protestors are.

My symapthies are for the emergency workers now. Soldiers join the army, mostly voluntary. The protesters knew what they were getting in to. The ER workers didn't ask for any of this.

It needs sorting now. The army needs to go in hard and end it now or Abhisit needs to pack up and leave with his tail firmly between his legs.

Are you saying that the Army didn't shoot the two "white suited" emergency workers?

The troops should storm the Rajdaprasong site, clear up the women and children, put them in fortified buses and ship them to outlying provinces to 'process' before then shipping them home.

My symapthies are for the emergency workers now. Soldiers join the army, mostly voluntary. The protesters knew what they were getting in to. The ER workers didn't ask for any of this.

It needs sorting now. The army needs to go in hard and end it now or Abhisit needs to pack up and leave with his tail firmly between his legs.

Are you saying that the Army didn't shoot the two "white suited" emergency workers?

Do you have any proof they did or any reason the army would want to shoot them?

Who has benefited from them being shot?

I agree (difficult) especially since I am no firearms expert but his motions certainly seem to indicate he is firing some sort of automatic weapon. Grant it that some of these folks are insane and on drugs but why we he stand up and make these motions with what appears to be a rifle unless he wanted to die.

Maybe one of the ex-military or someone knowing firearms can jump in with an opinion.

If u are referring to the video of the guy lighting firecrackers and another guy that looks like he is shooting something, he shooting a broom or dust / dirt picker upper that u would have in your house.

Not sure of the reason other than to provoke a response. Someday he will likely get his wish.

Suggest that you read the Amnesty International press release.

And that leaves --- point 14 --- Violent assemblies. While that may be the way that you see it then the use of firearms is allowed.Anything else is semantics to be decided and yes in some cases the troops probably have made mistakes.

When faced with enemies that are armed and willing to do that then YES people will get hurt and killed. The wrong people sometimes.

Excuse the murder of a 10 years old boy an a mistake makes you to a Murder apologist.

That pathetic club is big here on TVF and makes you many friends.

Partial quote that violates the rules? .. yeah that's what you call that!

Murder --- that isn't what happened to the 10 year old. Please see the definition of murder. So that would pretty much make your label a flame ... tsk tsk ....

My FULL post

And that leaves --- point 14 --- Violent assemblies. While that may be the way that you see it then the use of firearms is allowed.Anything else is semantics to be decided and yes in some cases the troops probably have made mistakes.

However, this being a case that can ALSO be described as an armed insurgency where the intent and ability of any individual cannot be determined from a distance then this probably isn't the the applicable statute.

Your example of the 10 y/o certainly is NOT applicable in this instance. The 10 y/o that was killed is TRAGIC! However, the troops were being attacked. They didn't fire at the child. They targetted the vehicle that was charging them. I do not believe the weapon that killed the child has been identified yet.

Now --- since the reds ARE armed. They HAVE used m79 grenades against a housing block that contained innocents and in doing so have injured a child. The M79 is an area affect weapon. The target was housing containing women and children.

When faced with enemies that are armed and willing to do that then YES people will get hurt and killed. The wrong people sometimes.

Edited by jdinasia

If u are referring to the video of the guy lighting firecrackers and another guy that looks like he is shooting something, he shooting a broom or dust / dirt picker upper that u would have in your house.

Not sure of the reason other than to provoke a response. Someday he will likely get his wish.

He's miming shooting to the sound of the firecrackers he may have a death wish or is too young to know better.

Suggest that you read the Amnesty International press release.

Why does Amnesty have video or proof?

Does Amnesty even have 1 person on site in BKK collecting facts?

Did Amnesty provide any kind of, even unreasonable, reason what the army would gain by targeting them?

Hasn't Amnesty been shot down time and time and time again for their off the hip condemnations before the facts are in?

Has there ever been a time Amnesty ever condoned any time of force being used against people regardless of the threat they posed?

Edited by jcbangkok

My broom at home doesn't have fire come out at the end.Maybe this was the newer type?It also looks to me as that he is wearing a police helmet.

Edited by basjke

He's miming shooting to the sound of the firecrackers he may have a death wish or is too young to know better.

What is he holding? Any opinions on that? It certainly looks like a gun but not one that I am aware would shoot auto fire as his motions would indicate he is doing.

Something I've seen over and over in videos like this one, those idiots seem to take it as play. They terrorize people, paralyze large areas of the city, incite violence and facilitate crime, looting and arsonism; all for what? a stupid chuckle?

What is he holding? Any opinions on that? It certainly looks like a gun but not one that I am aware would shoot auto fire as his motions would indicate he is doing.

Have looked at a slightly larger version on youtube and enlarged the scene - difficult to say what type of rifle it is due to bad quality, however, it is clearly a rifle with what I assume, is a silencer attached he is clearly not shooting automatic fire, but just erratically at whoever is facing him pressing the trigger numerous times

Edited by Herm

The reds should have gone home while they had a good enough "victory" in their pocket, but instead, the greedy cretins valued the potential content in their pockets higher than the life of their ignorant supporters.

Nobody (except the red manipulators themselves) wants dead Thais in the streets, but this will never end unless those cowards that use women and children as human shields are stopped.

This is not about filing the pockets of the people on the streets and we are not ignorant. This is about justice and democracy for the followers of the only Prime Minister to be re-elected in the history of the constitutional Monarchy, the greatest leader of our time. The leader did nothing but good for the poor of Thailand, and was ousted unconstitutionally.

The use of human shields is but a figment of your imagination, probably an imagination filled with too much nonesense chatter with foreigners who know nothing.

Go away, read history and then you may think it is a worthy cause.

Have looked at a slightly larger version on youtube and enlarged the scene - difficult to say what type of rifle it is due to bad quality, however, it is clearly a rifle with what I assume, is a silencer attached he is clearly not shooting automatic fire, but just erratically at whoever is facing him pressing the trigger numerous times

That actually makes more sense. I assumed he was spraying fire but it may be more likely he was very scared and just wildly pulling the trigger as he moved the rifle back and fourth.

It just seems more logical than believing this guy was trying to commit suicide by cop .. or in this case the military.

Edited by jcbangkok

I can't tell if that guy is shooting or not. The video is too blurry and low resolution to make that out. If he is, he's firing pretty indiscriminately and all over the place, and would very likely just be hitting innocent bystanders or his own buddies. If he's not shooting he's just trying to fool the military into thinking he is. Either way, can anyone really be shocked that they were shot back at?

The reds should have gone home while they had a good enough "victory" in their pocket, but instead, the greedy cretins valued the potential content in their pockets higher than the life of their ignorant supporters.

Nobody (except the red manipulators themselves) wants dead Thais in the streets, but this will never end unless those cowards that use women and children as human shields are stopped.

This is not about filing the pockets of the people on the streets and we are not ignorant. This is about justice and democracy for the followers of the only Prime Minister to be re-elected in the history of the constitutional Monarchy, the greatest leader of our time. The leader did nothing but good for the poor of Thailand, and was ousted unconstitutionally.

The use of human shields is but a figment of your imagination, probably an imagination filled with too much nonesense chatter with foreigners who know nothing.

Congrats for being the ONLY person in Yala to think this. But congrats on becoming invisible on your very first post!

I love the feature on youtube of uploading ones imagination