More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Thailand may be known for a lot of back hand / behind the door dealings but I really don't think it explains the amount of false rumors and just plain ignorance of reality by so many that has taken place the last couple months. Even in last years red uprising in April there was this much disinformation.

It is understandable that the remaining folks in the red mob have been brainwashed after weeks and months of constant hate speeches and one side updates to the situation but what of other sources?

How can anybody outside be convinced that the Thai military would want to purposely shoot unarmed civilians, children or paramedics? Are these people just easily duped by bold faced lies or are they being paid, promised things or some other way being rewarded to spread such ignorant lies?

In my mind there just can be no way a person with common sense would believe such nonsense. There is nothing the government nor the army could gain by such actions and in fact the lies being told that they are doing this is hurting them and their credibility.

Maybe it is just the internet that makes these nut cases be able to get their views out there and maybe it is some news agencies who are lazy or cutting corners by not putting actual reporters on the scene and instead just picking up on some of these sensational claims and pictures on the net.

But overall it just seems to me at the very least that the Thaksin war machine has learned many lessons about manipulating news after each one of there illegal actions over the last 3 years.

Plus, some of us think for ourselves and can see beyond the propaganda spouted by posters like you. Get used to it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky News over here reporting that the Army have said that they are about to conduct an operation. Other newswires reporting major buildup of troops.

I know it's not easy to keep things secret - re; giving advance notice to adversaries of strategic operations, but Thai security forces are doing a particularly crappy job. It was articulated yesterday (in major newspaper) that there are strong suspicions of 'insiders' (within the security forces) leaking notice of operations to Red shirt agitators. The article also said that military maneuvers were usually announced (to troops) 2 hours prior to execution.

It appeared more than coincidence that Red rowdies always seemed to congregate at just the places where security forces were about to take action.

Suggest: At staging area, get troops, vehicles and equipment together, but top brass don't announce specific details or destination until seconds before heading out. Plus, if any people are found disseminating sensitive info to adversaries, weed them out immediately. Granted, there could be leakage problems at the highest ranks, in that case, it's a big problem indeed.

Two separate times, I've attempted to do small undercover scenarios by employing Thais to assist (too much details to go in to now), .....and each time, my Thai assistants were incapable of keeping a secret. They just couldn't maintain a ruse. Perhaps that's why we never hear of Thai cops doing 'sting operations' - it may be just too difficult for one Thai to pull a ruse over another, in an 'entrapment' or 'set up' scenario.

It's strange how the international media always seem to leave out the 'Thaksin link' when they report on this. It's such an important piece in the puzzle that to me it even feels suspicious that they don't mention this, almost like he's greased a few palms in the west (oh it does happen!). Instead they talk about the 'rural poor' versus the 'elite', and associate the word democracy with the very people who ruin the very idea by happily selling their vote fot the price of a couple of beers!

I think that the bbc/cnn and the rest of these 'non-biased' organisations should get to the real truth which is far more interesting than the story which they're currently reporting.

Why don't they ask the red shirts how much they're getting paid? Ask them why they think Thaksin is so great and what he could do for the country should he return. Ask them how they think that Thaksin, as a convicted criminal, could possibly plan to be taken seriously by the international community, should he manage to bully his way back into office.

Ask them why they are using women and children as a human shield.

Ask them why they risk their lives for a greedy evil billionaire?

Why can't the press get an interview with Thaksin? A few well placed questions will simply destroy him.

Why don't the international media do their job rather than appearing to be the heroes in the danger zone, reporting alongside the red-shirt 'freedom fighters'?

My point? It appears that Thaksin has more than just a few red-shirts in his back pocket!!!

I think it's true what you say; that Thaksin is a link in all of this, but come on really, if you say its all him then I think you are really underestimating the Thais. There is much more at work here. So much to take into account. I'm sure many people who have worked in public or Thai schools can give much insight into education here, both for the rich and poor. The division of wealth that keeps getting bigger. The attitudes of the priveleged here towards poor people, issaan people, dark people etc. The glue that has kept people together for so long eroding with no hope for something to replace it. Put all these things together in the usual Thai style and this is what youve got. I can only speculate on what is to come, but for god's sakes I hope it gets better.

If I push a few strategic rocks and cause an avalanche that kills people, can I just say the avalanche did it and that I am innocent of those deaths because all I did was push a few rocks?

If Dr. Taksin had not 'pushed a few rocks' none on this death, disruption, and destruction would have occured IMHO.

And I suppose if a fly had landed on one of those rocks and caused it to fall you would be blaming it too? If one man could do it then so could another so, something was going to happen eventually. Look to the causes, not the symptoms then maybe a solution can be found.

It's strange how the international media always seem to leave out the 'Thaksin link' when they report on this. It's such an important piece in the puzzle that to me it even feels suspicious that they don't mention this, almost like he's greased a few palms in the west (oh it does happen!). Instead they talk about the 'rural poor' versus the 'elite', and associate the word democracy with the very people who ruin the very idea by happily selling their vote fot the price of a couple of beers!

I think that the bbc/cnn and the rest of these 'non-biased' organisations should get to the real truth which is far more interesting than the story which they're currently reporting.

Why don't they ask the red shirts how much they're getting paid? Ask them why they think Thaksin is so great and what he could do for the country should he return. Ask them how they think that Thaksin, as a convicted criminal, could possibly plan to be taken seriously by the international community, should he manage to bully his way back into office.

Ask them why they are using women and children as a human shield.

Ask them why they risk their lives for a greedy evil billionaire?

Why can't the press get an interview with Thaksin? A few well placed questions will simply destroy him.

Why don't the international media do their job rather than appearing to be the heroes in the danger zone, reporting alongside the red-shirt 'freedom fighters'?

My point? It appears that Thaksin has more than just a few red-shirts in his back pocket!!!

I think it's true what you say; that Thaksin is a link in all of this, but come on really, if you say its all him then I think you are really underestimating the Thais. There is much more at work here. So much to take into account. I'm sure many people who have worked in public or Thai schools can give much insight into education here, both for the rich and poor. The division of wealth that keeps getting bigger. The attitudes of the priveleged here towards poor people, issaan people, dark people etc. The glue that has kept people together for so long eroding with no hope for something to replace it. Put all these things together in the usual Thai style and this is what youve got. I can only speculate on what is to come, but for god's sakes I hope it gets better.

If I push a few strategic rocks and cause an avalanche that kills people, can I just say the avalanche did it and that I am innocent of those deaths because all I did was push a few rocks?

If Dr. Taksin had not 'pushed a few rocks' none on this death, disruption, and destruction would have occured IMHO.

And I suppose if a fly had landed on one of those rocks and caused it to fall you would be blaming it too? If one man could do it then so could another so, something was going to happen eventually. Look to the causes, not the symptoms then maybe a solution can be found.

The cause is Taksin. Who else has built up the patronage, who else has the networks, who else has that kind of money, who else has the motive, who else has the evil in his heart to destroy Thailand? This 'protest' is not organic; it didn't happen spontaneously. It was planned for months and years.

For the sake of argument, you tell me what started the avalanche. A fly?

Emergency service personnel confirms numerous black uniformed terrorists setting buildings on fire multiple locations near rama 4 hiway exit

http://twitter.com/sangbkk

Buildings buring all over town now.

This is Ahbist's greatest failure. Not anticipating the cost of cracking down.

Reds asked for a political deal. He gave them bullets.

Reds are going for the Outllaw Jonesy Wales solution - paint the town red, shoot the bad guys and burn everything to the ground. Can't blame them in their situation.

Edited by bangkokjohn

Emergency service personnel confirms numerous black uniformed terrorists setting buildings on fire multiple locations near rama 4 hiway exit

Reds are going for the Outllaw Jonesy Wales solution - paint the town red, shoot the bad guys and burn everything to the ground. Can't blame them in their situation.

CORRECTION : Reds got fair political deal but refused to stop protesting.Som nam naa.

Step forward please one of the red apologists to denounce these blackshirts as 'er fake blackshirts?

If they can't convince us they're blackshirts aligned with some other entity (not Reds, of course), then they'll cobble out some other series of excuses, justifications ....see below.......

Buildings burning all over town now. This is Ahbist's greatest failure. Not anticipating the cost of cracking down. Reds asked for a political deal. He gave them bullets.

If you believe the pap smear you're trying to feed us, then you're ready for the guys who will gently put you in the white smock with belts that tie behind.

CORRECTION : Reds got fair political deal but refused to stop protesting.Som nam naa.

Really??? You can't blame them for burning the homes, business, and shops of people who never held power over them. Get a soul. Then get a life!