More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

I don't think the peaceful protesters did that. The mafia groups running around trying to create chaos, yes.

So surely you support the government trying to stop these mafia-factions of the red shirts so the peaceful ones are not hurt?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really is only one answer that doesn't need more explaining unless you are a paranoid nut job who is against law and order and that simply is that they are trying to do this with the least loss of life and property .... including their own. You can get more into specifics but that is the bottom line.

the government's refusal to grant general amnesty has done wonders for law and order in bangkok in the last four days, hasnt it?

sometimes, in the false pursuit of law and order, lawlessness and chaos are borne.

Bangkok burning, people dying, Thaksin shopping at Louis Vuitton Paris..

Here's a guy with his priorities all lined up.

Aww come on, if he's on screens inciting the crowds you're complaining, if he distances himself from the protests and goes about his business you're STILL complaining?? <deleted>..

Couple days ago all the loons of the forum were adamant that he was dead, and were making fun of fake pictures.

Let it go; for better or worse, the man is a side show right now.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be the first one to write it. :)

What is so hard to understand? He is the instigator of all this but not only that he should be behind bars (not shopping or making political speeches). He is a fugitive from justice.

He was convicted by a lawful court and sentenced to jail.

Edited by jcbangkok

There really is only one answer that doesn't need more explaining - unless you are a paranoid nut job who is against law and order - and that simply is that they are trying to do this with the least loss of life and property .... including their own.

thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. They were supposed to be securing the perimeter and so far have failed miserably. Another display of ineptitude or split allegiences I feel.

I don't think the peaceful protesters did that. The mafia groups running around trying to create chaos, yes.

So surely you support the government trying to stop these mafia-factions of the red shirts so the peaceful ones are not hurt?

I do support the government trying to bring peace to the city by cleaning up the violent protesters, yes. But I don't support the government using "brute-force" methods on innocent unarmed civilians. And there are plenty of photos and videos of unarmed civilians being shot, wounded or killed. Also, trying to break up the protests will not bring peace to Thailand. The wounds are too deep and the country too divided. Either hold elections or start talking together to find a solution.

Din Daeng: Petrol truck bomb next to PPT petrol station....Reds firing rockets at it. Channel 3 ... live u can get it in English!

Why is PPT bringing petrol trucks into the city?

why are reds firing rockets at it? You****

Is only small bang if this go up.

Relatives of wife in Rayong say Sataheep evacuating. Rumour is that petrol plant going up when army in bangkok move to reds. monitoring thai tv now.

Could you give us the source please? Or was it a kind of "a friend of a relative heard it from his father down at the rice mill"

Can't you people read? Her name is Tik if that satisfies your craving for knowledge. Why not do some google if you want to learn about situations

France 24 had very good piece on just now. All stations with intellegent falangs say Abhisit and Elite is one and same. Only some apologist on here who think different.

Up to you

There really is only one answer that doesn't need more explaining unless you are a paranoid nut job who is against law and order and that simply is that they are trying to do this with the least loss of life and property .... including their own. You can get more into specifics but that is the bottom line.

the government's refusal to grant general amnesty has done wonders for law and order in bangkok in the last four days, hasnt it?

sometimes, in the false pursuit of law and order, lawlessness and chaos are borne.

Proof of my post :)

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

post-106645-1274096617_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274096637_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274096650_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274096665_thumb.jpg

Edited by datum

Aww come on, if he's on screens inciting the crowds you're complaining, if he distances himself from the protests and goes about his business you're STILL complaining?? <deleted>..

Couple days ago all the loons of the forum were adamant that he was dead, and were making fun of fake pictures.

Winnie... being an apologist for Thaksin in not one of your better characteristics....

I do support the government trying to bring peace to the city by cleaning up the violent protesters, yes. But I don't support the government using "brute-force" methods on innocent unarmed civilians. And there are plenty of photos and videos of unarmed civilians being shot, wounded or killed. Also, trying to break up the protests will not bring peace to Thailand. The wounds are too deep and the country too divided. Either hold elections or start talking together to find a solution.

But you do believe the gov't and all those you claim are committing crimes should be given amnesty as you advocate for the reds, right?

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be the first one to write it. :)

What is so hard to understand? He is the instigator of all this but not only that he should be behind bars (not shopping or making political speeches). He is a fugitive from justice.

He was convicted by a lawful court and sentenced to jail.

A week ago, people said that if Seh Daeng was dead and gone, the violent elements would stop as nobody would direct them and tell them what to do. Seh Daeng died and it got much worse. If Thaksin dies, the red movement will not stop. It has gone far beyond Thaksin, in my opinion. But I accept your point of view.

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

You have links to these articles? My guess is that you may not be being completely truthful.

Think he could've been to the Monaco Grand Prix with his daughter and a large contingent of hi-so Thai's affiliated with the red bull family. Anyway, I thought he was banned from EU states?

I don't know whether or not he was banned from the EU but there's something strange with this photo. We are told it was taken on the Champs Elysées in Paris but all the people around Thaksin are or look Asian.

You have links to these articles? My guess is that you may not be being completely truthful.

I am sorry for you.

Just go to the first pages of cnn, bbc, al jazeera and channel news asia.

A week ago, people said that if Seh Daeng was dead and gone, the violent elements would stop as nobody would direct them and tell them what to do. Seh Daeng died and it got much worse. If Thaksin dies, the red movement will not stop. It has gone far beyond Thaksin, in my opinion. But I accept your point of view.

What people were that? Any links to back up this claim?

But you do believe the gov't and all those you claim are committing crimes should be given amnesty as you advocate for the reds, right?

No, I don't. I believe that everyone should be treated equally, which is Thailand's main big problem and big factor in the protests. The yellow shirts and especially their leaders committed acts of terrorism, by leading their followers to take over a government building and hold it hostage for nearly a year, then taking 2 international airports hostage. They walked free on bail after 30 minutes ..and one of them even got the post as Foreign Minister under Abhisit.

The red shirt leaders blocked a big intersection in Bangkok's heart of the city, which can be compared with government house being seized and the airports held hostage. Treat them equally. Arrest them, let them go after 30 minutes and then wait 2 years for the court cases to move without anything happening. Of course, they're still allowed during this time to come out and make more political statements and organize more protests, just as the yellow shirts are allowed right now. As for the violent elements causing violence in the city, I fully support them being arrested and treated as criminals.

They need advertising revenue to covers their reporters expenditures as well as to roused their reader interests in their media coverage. True or false doesn't matter as long as their paper are selling like hotcakes.

Edited by Thaising

I've been out all day so don't know if anyone has posted something similar. Have seen several stickers on car and truck doors today (about 50cm x 50cm) saying "Come back Thaksin we need you". with a picture of the man himself taking up most of the area. Newish trucks BTW so probably not a dirt poor landless peasant. Looks like a well funded group.

I hope you guys aren't getting paid by the number of responses you are getting....anyway- provide links to those plenty of photos of unarmed civilians being shot. Those that have been were put in positions of danger either by not leaving a live fire zone or by armed thugs putting them in danger. if the army wanted to shoot down unarmed people, there would be hundreds dead, not less than 100. Red leaders turned down elections, vowed to fight to the death instead.

I've been out all day so don't know if anyone has posted something similar. Have seen several stickers on car and truck doors today (about 50cm x 50cm) saying "Come back Thaksin we need you". with a picture of the man himself taking up most of the area. Newish trucks BTW so probably not a dirt poor landless peasant. Looks like a well funded group.

Haven't seen those, but I did see election posters up everywhere from Puea Thai and also the Democrats. What's up with that? :)

I am sorry for you.

Just go to the first pages of cnn, bbc, al jazeera and channel news asia.

..... but just for "the record" here are the full screen shots of these sites. You can challenge my thoughts of course but not my credibility.

post-106645-1274097380_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274097394_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274097410_thumb.jpg

post-106645-1274097425_thumb.jpg

Peaceful protesters do not steal billions of dollars worth or private and public property.

Like the yellow shirts? After they left government house, there wasn't a single valuable item left in there. Computers, furniture, cars, everything gone.

That is so much BS.

I also remember an report on television in Europe about the clean up of Suvarnabhumi Airport,... executed by the protesters themselves and the staff said afterwards they were surprised that all was still there and the computers worked fine,... Same for the Government house,... it was looted by other people. Yes, some of the infrastructure was damaged when they invaded the building, tru.

I'm not a yellow supporter, in fact, i suffered severe financial loss because the airport closure that time, I'm in export business, so it's not really my interest to play the yellow card.

But I can't have it when lies and hot air are blown.

You seem very good at it.

An amnesty for revolutionaries? Hella! that's a civilised government only ever heard of in sci-fi novels.

Anyone remember Guy Fawkes?

contrast that with the 1960's south american styly junta anouncements every night.

small wimpish army and police with big badges on a stage from travels of gulliver surely.

insult UN, but want red cross involved in propaganda excercise to remove children.

Shame junta, time moved on and you not ready to cope with it. enjoy it while can because coming for you and your elite is finished.

Peaceful protesters do not steal billions of dollars worth or private and public property.

Like the yellow shirts? After they left government house, there wasn't a single valuable item left in there. Computers, furniture, cars, everything gone.

That is so much BS.

I also remember an report on television in Europe about the clean up of Suvarnabhumi Airport,... executed by the protesters themselves and the staff said afterwards they were surprised that all was still there and the computers worked fine,... Same for the Government house,... it was looted by other people. Yes, some of the infrastructure was damaged when they invaded the building, tru.

I'm not a yellow supporter, in fact, i suffered severe financial loss because the airport closure that time, I'm in export business, so it's not really my interest to play the yellow card.

But I can't have it when lies and hot air are blown.

You seem very good at it.

And it isn't possible that the lootings now are also being done by people other than the red shirts?

They need advertising revenue to covers their reporters expenditures as well as to roused their reader interests in their media coverage. True or false doesn't matter as long as their paper are selling like hotcakes.

You should know that violence sells more than no-violence (it is common knowledge that blood and sex are the hottest promotional materials) so they definitely don't do this for advertisement. As I've said in some of my previous posts, take a grip, sit a bit back and see the situation without red or yellow filters in front of your eyes.

Think he could've been to the Monaco Grand Prix with his daughter and a large contingent of hi-so Thai's affiliated with the red bull family. Anyway, I thought he was banned from EU states?

I don't know whether or not he was banned from the EU but there's something strange with this photo. We are told it was taken on the Champs Elysées in Paris but all the people around Thaksin are or look Asian.

Correct, because a majority of Paris' LV store are Asian tourists because the price difference is significant.