Thousands Of Thai Protesters Defy Deadline To Leave

webfact

There is nothing else the government can do at this time. The reds have painted the government into a corner.

Look at the last 4 days. The government moves to contain the Rachprasong rally. Contain ---- not crackdown! The troops move in to the areas around the reds and the reds attack. They continue to come OUT of Rachprasong and attack. The troops have not moved into the rachprasong area. The troops are working on containing them and that is all.

Personally, I assume that the government thought that this would happen. The roudier, violent, and less well trained reds are coming out and attacking and this so far has kept the 'relatively' innocent grannies, women, and totally innocent children safer inside the main rally encampment while the troops deal with the more violent reds.

I am stymied at how they plan to really proceed though. I don't see how they can move in from here. I also think that Sae Daeng's ronin will open fire on the hostages inside the red compound if the government moves in, in a bid to discredit the government.

I hope they have a plan that can give some safety to the grannies and children.

Has it occured to anyone in TV that the good General Seh Dang has trained well, the RD leaders, who have spread the training down the ranks. Look at the big picture people. They seem insane to us on the internet, but they have been very organized, very tactical, very self controlled, and the women, elderly, children have been kept in the center, or close to pathways to get to center of the compound when needed. Very strategic on their part, and very systematic in their activity day by day. Its the govt and military that are fully aware that the Reds have been trained by the best, and its the govt and military that acts more like the amateurs. Thats why he was taken out of the equation by a sniper. The probable thought being, if the general is dead, panic will sweep thru the RD camp and they will either scatter, or be confused and easily swayed or conquered. It appears that the general has instilled not only tactical training, but also fed their intestinal fortitude as well. Oh, and for the love of God, drop the infamy building of Tacksin. This grew far beyond one man oh so long ago. Live or dead, Tacksin is not the center of the Red universe. Democracy is. Some of you are right, Thai don't know what Democracy really is, but they have learned enough from the outside to know they want it, and when it comes to learning what all is involved with Democracy, the Reds and students are learning at an exponential rate. For you average iq and education farang, that means Thai are like dry squeezed sponges released in water. They are absorbing their fill, and Thailand will never be the same after this is finally settled.

Dude! Nice mixed metaphor. Apart from that- sorry, I don't quite get your qusai-military analysis. Possibly I'm not a farang of average iq/ education. What's that particular measurement again? Your IEQ?

As soon as the reds drop their military wing and Thaksin they will find a much more favourable reception awaiting from the rest of the country. It doesn't seem that hard to me.

To all posters.

Would it be asking too much for you to post your ideas without calling others names?

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Red leaders say they want to talk. For the sake of avoiding more lives lost the army should withdraw to allow talks to start immediately. Amnesty for both sides is necessary.

They have screwed up the economy of the whole country. They have inconvenienced a whole city. They have turned down a generous peace deal and made it obvious that they are only interested in delaying tactics.

The time for talk is over. They need to surrender or go home and organize and change the system nonviolently. They have become worse than those they oppose.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Normally, an army is supposed to be used to defend the civilians from other hostile countries. You know a country is in a bad way when the ruling government uses its army to shoot and kill its own civilians. Currently there is a massacre going on in the streets of Bangkok and the situation is worsening by the hour. I fear Thailand may never recover from this for many years to come. If the army go in to the protesters camp site and start slaughtering the people in there, then there is a strong possibility of a full blown civil war spreading throughout the country. No matter how you look at it, a government using its army to gun down its civilians in the streets is the act of an oppressive government which has lost all moral code of conduct.

The situation has gone beyond any arguments of who is right and who is wrong. The violence must stop now. The army needs to stop killing its civilians. Something like a one-month long conference is needed where all the power factors of the country could get together and work out how Thailand can be governed fairly for the long term future. A new constitution needs to be created that will foster a new spirit of fairness and a genuine will to remove the corruption that pervades Thai society.

The Red leaders say they want to talk. For the sake of avoiding more lives lost the army should withdraw to allow talks to start immediately. Amnesty for both sides is necessary. These are dark times and further killing of civilians is not the answer.

The government has offered talks for two months. The reds have declined. Instead they have said they want civil war and they have declared war on a legit government. So these people are not ordinary civilians of this country. They are, by definition, terrorists. And any country is in its right to defend itself against terrorists wherever they come from. The terrorists made demands, they were met, mostly. Then the reds demanded more. They claim they are peaceful protesters. Do you agree? Lying, killing, kidnapping, laying siege on the capital is peaceful? They claim they want democracy. They don't know the meaning of the word and their leader has clearly stated that democracy is not what he wants. So just more lies, all the time. Democracy for redshirts is to have everything their way and what they want. Anyone with a different opinion does not have a say. Do you call that democracy? I have said when all this started that there is no point in trying to talk to the redshirts. You simply cannot reason with terrorists.

And you also propose amnesty for them! Sweet, I take it you are then ready to go for amnesty for all criminals in Thailand? What these people are doing is treason to this country and thai prisons are full of criminals who committed far less crimes.

Normally, an army is supposed to be used to defend the civilians from other hostile countries. You know a country is in a bad way when the ruling government uses its army to shoot and kill its own civilians. Currently there is a massacre going on in the streets of Bangkok and the situation is worsening by the hour. I fear Thailand may never recover from this for many years to come. If the army go in to the protesters camp site and start slaughtering the people in there, then there is a strong possibility of a full blown civil war spreading throughout the country. No matter how you look at it, a government using its army to gun down its civilians in the streets is the act of an oppressive government which has lost all moral code of conduct.

The situation has gone beyond any arguments of who is right and who is wrong. The violence must stop now. The army needs to stop killing its civilians. Something like a one-month long conference is needed where all the power factors of the country could get together and work out how Thailand can be governed fairly for the long term future. A new constitution needs to be created that will foster a new spirit of fairness and a genuine will to remove the corruption that pervades Thai society.

The Red leaders say they want to talk. For the sake of avoiding more lives lost the army should withdraw to allow talks to start immediately. Amnesty for both sides is necessary. These are dark times and further killing of civilians is not the answer.

Totally agree

to some of you people on this forum I am disgusted with your comments for a start do you live in Thailand,do you know the plight of these people from the north or red shirts as you would call them have you ever been poverty strickin which people from other countries dont see, I have seen poverty strickin people from Australia the Aboriginals,people from Vietnam during the Vietnam war where I fought alongside Thai Soldiers and I see poverty here in Vietnam this is what these people are arguing about I just wish the killing would stop and they can talk to a good reolution

The government has offered talks for two months. The reds have declined. Instead they have said they want civil war and they have declared war on a legit government. So these people are not ordinary civilians of this country. They are, by definition, terrorists. And any country is in its right to defend itself against terrorists wherever they come from. The terrorists made demands, they were met, mostly. Then the reds demanded more. They claim they are peaceful protesters. Do you agree? Lying, killing, kidnapping, laying siege on the capital is peaceful? They claim they want democracy. They don't know the meaning of the word and their leader has clearly stated that democracy is not what he wants. So just more lies, all the time. Democracy for redshirts is to have everything their way and what they want. Anyone with a different opinion does not have a say. Do you call that democracy? I have said when all this started that there is no point in trying to talk to the redshirts. You simply cannot reason with terrorists.

And you also propose amnesty for them! Sweet, I take it you are then ready to go for amnesty for all criminals in Thailand? What these people are doing is treason to this country and thai prisons are full of criminals who committed far less crimes.

Hard to negotiate with people you call terrorists.

So you want a fight?

I think a fight would push back Thailand 30 years.

I understand the anger on all sides but if you do not make peace with your enemies, who do you make peace with?

Give peace a chance all.

The Red leaders say they want to talk. For the sake of avoiding more lives lost the army should withdraw to allow talks to start immediately. Amnesty for both sides is necessary.

They have screwed up the economy of the whole country. They have inconvenienced a whole city. They have turned down a generous peace deal and made it obvious that they are only interested in delaying tactics.

The time for talk is over. They need to surrender or go home and organize and change the system nonviolently. They have become worse than those they oppose.

Thank you for finally seeing things clearly. Those are strong words coming from someone who has been openly pro red for a very long time. I agree, they should have taken the roadmap plan. I can't understand how someone as smart as you couldn't see what the reds were like BEFORE this current insanity (Black Songkran) but better late than never.

Edited by Jingthing

How about for a change, have a look what facts CNN presents on this document. The Red Shirt leaders always say: how can the Thai Army shoot at people who are unarmed? This will once and for all open your eyes about the Red Shirts.

An ireport is far from a CNN presents. Its the same as youtube. Just thought you should know the differance.

Most of those pics were of a weapons cache taken from an army group and given back to the police. try again

what would you call a Prime Minister who orders his Army snipers to shoot an unarmed Red Shirt leader giving an interview to the free press? Is that what Buddha would do?

If you are talking about Seh Daeng, maybe. :)

since the bullet entered his skull, 300 people are hurt or dead. how many more are grieving. property damage is who knows how much.

and worst of all, thailand is approaching the point of no return.

i certainly hope that abhisit didnt give this order.

There is nothing else the government can do at this time. The reds have painted the government into a corner.

Look at the last 4 days. The government moves to contain the Rachprasong rally. Contain ---- not crackdown! The troops move in to the areas around the reds and the reds attack. They continue to come OUT of Rachprasong and attack. The troops have not moved into the rachprasong area. The troops are working on containing them and that is all.

Personally, I assume that the government thought that this would happen. The roudier, violent, and less well trained reds are coming out and attacking and this so far has kept the 'relatively' innocent grannies, women, and totally innocent children safer inside the main rally encampment while the troops deal with the more violent reds.

I am stymied at how they plan to really proceed though. I don't see how they can move in from here. I also think that Sae Daeng's ronin will open fire on the hostages inside the red compound if the government moves in, in a bid to discredit the government.

I hope they have a plan that can give some safety to the grannies and children.

Has it occured to anyone in TV that the good General Seh Dang has trained well, the RD leaders, who have spread the training down the ranks. Look at the big picture people. They seem insane to us on the internet, but they have been very organized, very tactical, very self controlled, and the women, elderly, children have been kept in the center, or close to pathways to get to center of the compound when needed. Very strategic on their part, and very systematic in their activity day by day. Its the govt and military that are fully aware that the Reds have been trained by the best, and its the govt and military that acts more like the amateurs. Thats why he was taken out of the equation by a sniper. The probable thought being, if the general is dead, panic will sweep thru the RD camp and they will either scatter, or be confused and easily swayed or conquered. It appears that the general has instilled not only tactical training, but also fed their intestinal fortitude as well. Oh, and for the love of God, drop the infamy building of Tacksin. This grew far beyond one man oh so long ago. Live or dead, Tacksin is not the center of the Red universe. Democracy is. Some of you are right, Thai don't know what Democracy really is, but they have learned enough from the outside to know they want it, and when it comes to learning what all is involved with Democracy, the Reds and students are learning at an exponential rate. For you average iq and education farang, that means Thai are like dry squeezed sponges released in water. They are absorbing their fill, and Thailand will never be the same after this is finally settled.

Dude! Nice mixed metaphor. Apart from that- sorry, I don't quite get your quasi-military analysis. Possibly I'm not a farang of average iq/ education. What's that particular measurement again? Your IEQ?

As soon as the reds drop their military wing and Thaksin they will find a much more favourable reception awaiting from the rest of the country. It doesn't seem that hard to me.

To all posters.

Would it be asking too much for you to post your ideas without calling others names?

Um, newbie. No-one in the posts you quoted called anyone else a name.

Now I've called you Newbie- sorry, no offence intended, but your post was still misrepresentative

to some of you people on this forum I am disgusted with your comments for a start do you live in Thailand,do you know the plight of these people from the north or red shirts as you would call them have you ever been poverty strickin which people from other countries dont see, I have seen poverty strickin people from Australia the Aboriginals,people from Vietnam during the Vietnam war where I fought alongside Thai Soldiers and I see poverty here in Vietnam this is what these people are arguing about I just wish the killing would stop and they can talk to a good reolution

Oh. Is this protest about the poor? I think the reds have forgotten that. (not that they ever believed it anyway)

probably worse than iraq before Bush moved in. lucky thing we don't have oil here.

seriously, I am waiting to see what the intl community is going to say about this. Or would they just turn a blind eye coz its a so called US ally.......in fact, how was the reaction like when the army butchered the masses last time in the 90's? or in the previous time....or...

Agreed, Their tactics are right out of the Maoist plan to seize control. This involves brainwashing your followers, claiming to be peaceful when being anything but. Try to cause splits in the existing government to weaken it, provoke a crackdown and then claim to be the victim. Rinse, wash, repeat ad nauseum until you have control of the Country.

I don't think any armchair liberals, or Thaksinistas for that matter are reading the script - this is as close to becoming a failed state as it gets. dam_n what world opinion might say, world opinion would observe how terrible it is should Thailand become a second Cambodia. The authorities need to bring in martial law and wrap this thing up asap or the whole Country is going up in flames within weeks.

New Zealand advised all it's citizens to leave now, this is how serious matters are becoming - Enforce now regardless of the casualties or let the state fail and nobody will be able to put it back together again.

what would you call a Prime Minister who orders his Army snipers to shoot an unarmed Red Shirt leader giving an interview to the free press? Is that what Buddha would do?

since the bullet entered his skull, 300 people are hurt or dead. how many more are grieving. property damage is who knows how much.

and worst of all, Thailand is approaching the point of no return.

Likely an order to assassinate a General had to come from the top.

That is almost sure.

The general could have been arrested easily. He was walking alone and doing an interview alone.

What hate and stupidity orders assassinations on world wide television?

Cooler heads must take control in all Thai people.

Just a point of fact.

If you see the Thai baht quickly begin to collapse, this will be a sign that huge money people in Thailand have given up and are protecting their wealth.

The end

Meanwhile, among the people who can actually vote here, a huge number are rallying behind this idea that the elite government is killing the poor peasants.

Very true, and it seems very unrealized by most posting on TV.

Violence is costing the government support, and gaining the Reds not only fighters, but as importantly, sympathizers.

The government has a only limited time to make force work, if it can work at all. eventually, the majority of thais will not accept it. the culture just wont go for it.

I'll respond for bkk75, since you obviously fear he might be too busy to answer your ridiculous musings.

Are you really serious.

You want execution by firing squad for being bad parents? What sentence would you get for smacking your child in this land of yours? 5-10 years.

The death sentence might be a bit extreme, but 10 years in prison for child endangerment would certainly be appropriate.

Who looks after these orphan children? Have you ever seen Thais queueing to adopt children? Been to any orphanages in Thailand?

I go to one all the time. Several times a year anyway. Donate too. How much have you donated to orphanages in Thailand? Always bring gifts for the children. Their smiles are genuine and beautiful. Do you know anything at all about the Thai foster care system? Exactly how many orphanages have *YOU* visited? Perhaps you care to enlighten us since you seem to think you are an authority...

At least at a foster care facility, these children will have a chance to grow up without being shot.

Finally, what exactly does "repeat history" refer to?Does that mean they can't take their children to a protest again or raise them again?

That's a lot of questions in reply to one sentence. Hope you're not too busy!

Any parent who brings their child to something like this is either mentally deranged or else has no love for their child. Either way, these children will not be raised as children but as political tools of the parents. They can not grow and mature, and are condemned to repeat the same mistakes their parents made. I think it is very clear what "repeat history" means.

If these parents don't even love their own children, how can they possible love their fellow man?

I'm sorry. There is ZERO excuse for bringing a child to a danger zone. Zero as in nothing. Period. End of story. Anybody who does it does not care for their child. They do not deserve to be parents.

"People" like this truly disgust me.

Perhaps you have never been a parent samjaidee, I don't know. But you are hardly jaidee if you try to justify swine like these "people" (not even sure they deserve that term) who will intentionally endanger their own children.

Ms, you are misguided, poorly informed and full of misinformation. If that weren't enough you make assumptions about things that you do not and cannot know and you present them here as if they were fact. You attack you enemy's religious beliefs in an attempt to make yourself seem more virtuous than your enemy. Let me ask you this. If all Red Shirts are "Not Buddhist people" what would you call a Prime Minister who orders his Army snipers to shoot an unarmed Red Shirt leader giving an interview to the free press? Is that what Buddha would do?

As you are by the sound of it...no one has either put their hand up or been charged with SD's murder to date as far as I'm aware :)

Meanwhile, among the people who can actually vote here, a huge number are rallying behind this idea that the elite government is killing the poor peasants.

Very true, and it seems very unrealized by most posting on TV.

Violence is costing the government support, and gaining the Reds not only fighters, but as importantly, sympathizers.

The government has a only limited time to make force work, if it can work at all. eventually, the majority of thais will not accept it. the culture just wont go for it.

I agree. They can't continue to sit there and wait. The numbers of injured and dead on the reds will continue to climb each day. When the casualties on the reds are mounting in much greater number than the army, but the army is simply sitting still, how can you not ascribe that the army has set up a killing zone, not a containment?

They also run the risk of a lot of accidental injuries against the local residents who cannot get out or have nowhere to go. If the local population really turns against the army, I doubt they can maintain enough support for this action.

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

Not even worth a reply if thats what you think a human shield is

one more candidate for the ignore list. your sick if you don't understand this and think it's ok what they did. More photos and video like this presented tonight on the news reds with M16s, more video of black shirts. A segment of the red shirts getting exposed for the violent idiots they have always been.

How about for a change, have a look what facts CNN presents on this document. The Red Shirt leaders always say: how can the Thai Army shoot at people who are unarmed? This will once and for all open your eyes about the Red Shirts.

An ireport is far from a CNN presents. Its the same as youtube. Just thought you should know the differance.

Most of those pics were of a weapons cache taken from an army group and given back to the police. try again

You can't really believe they gave everything back

Ratchaprasong might not of been taken, the protests might of spread and BKK is getting shut down, but one thing is for certain:

Thaksin's lot is getting thoroughly annihilated in the ongoing PR war. Might sound a tad melodramatic, but I'll never look at a Thaksin supporter, a Thai copper or a monk in the same way again.

And they aren't going to miss your support. Meanwhile, among the people who can actually vote here, a huge number are rallying behind this idea that the elite government is killing the poor peasants.

Are you hand-on-heart honestly sure about that? The reds got what they wanted and turned it down because they prefer to blow up gas tankers, raid stores and put kids in the firing line. Yes, it's a simple conclusion, but that's what the audience of most Thai soaps seem to like.

There's an interesting write up on the 2Bangkok.com site, and it seems it was wrote before the 3pm deadline. After it we've now got even more evidence of the lengths the red shirts will go to to discredit the government, except now its getting more obvious and the army know when to pull back. Even the Beeb reporters with their much criticised reporting are getting fired at by the reds!

Thaksin best roll another few million towards that PR/Lawyer person, as his followers are looking a bit like complete c_unts right now.

/edit - just seen Thai At Heart's comment. The govt and army know there are eyes all over the place and walking a tightrope here, but they have got the advantage of attempting to justify their actions to a national audience every evening. A personal observation (and I know how much scorn these bring), but I haven't seen much disaffection so far.

Edited by Insight

If Abhisit made the SAME offer as before, but added you must ALL DISPERSE NOW, do you think the red leaders (now that General Deang is gone) would say yes or no? I don't think they deserve the same offer as before, but curious about whether they would take it or just use it as an excuse to bring in armed reinforcements.

and worst of all, thailand is approaching the point of no return.

Abhisit did not give this order...his paymasters did. These families have been ordering the army to massacre many people over the last few decades including students. The problem these arrogant gits have is that they think they can keep doing it. Before there was no technology but now the firing of a gun is online b4 it reaches its target. Ask why grenades are being fired into reporters hotels and so many have been shot and killed. They need the press out of the way as in previous massacres so they can have their own Tiamen Square. These people are no better than those that ordered the slaughter of 2300 innocent students and members of the public in China 20 years ago. Ask yourself who ordered most of the coups over the last 60 years. These are descendants of the people who struck a deal with the Japanese during WW2 not to harm them or their financial interests in return for allowing the Japs to rape murder and do just about anything they wanted to the ordinary Thai people and allied POWs.

These are ruthless people who will do anything to keep hold of their ill gained wealth. They are the reason this country is poorly educated and underdeveloped. Abhisit and the army are just pawns in their game..dont blame them. Some of my history is slighty rusty so I stand corrected

Sorry, I didn't know, but the page shows on top the CNN logo. Whatever, have a look at the pictures. They can't be fake. Have you seen the size of the machete? And the number of rifles and guns and pistols they have? Just amazing!

There are a couple of million illegal firearms out there in Thailand. It is enough when only few hundred thugs join the UDD in BKK to create this mess. But UDD invited them, thinking they could attract people by showing strength and power.

It surprises me that courts have not declared UDD an illegal institution yet? Why that? They clearly stepped across a thousand lines of what is legal in Thailand.

I did not (and do not) support the yellow shirts either but their protests were at least fairly civilized. I was at their rally sites a couple of times - no violence, no thugs half naked and drunk, no rifles, no fires. Their speeches were loud and narrow-minded too, but, they never threatened war, death and destruction or hunting down members of the PPP-government.

well finally someone agrees with me on a general amnesty for all.

the reds have to be inside the system not outside. its what bush understood about the sunni tribes in iraq, and its why democracy exists there now.

if iraq could do it, so can thailand.

Abhisit did not give this order...his paymasters did. These families have been ordering the army to massacre many people over the last few decades including students. The problem these arrogant gits have is that they think they can keep doing it. Before there was no technology but now the firing of a gun is online b4 it reaches its target. Ask why grenades are being fired into reporters hotels and so many have been shot and killed. They need the press out of the way as in previous massacres so they can have their own Tiamen Square. These people are no better than those that ordered the slaughter of 2300 innocent students and members of the public in China 20 years ago. Ask yourself who ordered most of the coups over the last 60 years. These are descendants of the people who struck a deal with the Japanese during WW2 not to harm them or their financial interests in return for allowing the Japs to rape murder and do just about anything they wanted to the ordinary Thai people and allied POWs.

These are ruthless people who will do anything to keep hold of their ill gained wealth. They are the reason this country is poorly educated and underdeveloped. Abhisit and the army are just pawns in their game..dont blame them. Some of my history is slighty rusty so I stand corrected

Aha. I have heard that from somewhere else. Interesting.

Here is some red propaganda for you to bash.

"The current government did not come to power through a “normal democratic process”. The party currently in power boycotted an election they knew they would lose as a first step in their rejection of democracy. Next the elected government was overthrown in a military coup, then the junta re-wrote the constitution and used the new law retroactively to dissolve the country’s most popular party and ban senior politicians who had not even been accused (let alone convicted) of any crime. With their new law and institutions in place, the junta braved elections but when the result again went against them they used their legal code and control of the judiciary to eject a sitting prime minister for appearing to profit from a cooking show, then again dissolved the countries most popular party; and after thus laying waste to the opposition (all politicians elected through a normal democratic process) they were finally able to cobble together a coalition that included Newin’s party, who, although banned for previous activities, was somehow allowed to continue as leader of his party as long as he switched sides.

I would hardly call that a normal democratic process.

This history may explain, in part, the reds doubting the sincerity of Abhisit’s quickly withdrawn offer of elections in November."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Pheu Thai MPs, party officials rush out of party head office

Pheu Thai Party MPs rushed out of the party at 3 pm and closed the party head officer, leaving red-shirt people outside.

The MPs and officials at the party head office, which is located near Montien Hotel on Suriwonge Road, left the head office when a plane distributed copies of an order of the Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation, urging the people to leave the protest zone.

Earlier, the party allowed red-shirt people to gather at the party if they could not join the protest at Rajprasong.

The MPs included party spokesman Prompong Nopprit and Bangkok MP Wicharn Minchainan.

The abrupt closure of the party's door caused the red-shirt people there to become dissatisfied. They complained that the MPs left women and children without caring about their safety.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]