Thousands Of Thai Protesters Defy Deadline To Leave

webfact

Watched a CNN report this evening - reporter was talking ta women and a 9 year old - the women said she wouls stay and die and the 9 year old when asked if she new why she was there answered oh is so much fun, music .....

Than the usual babble about the poor and having only stones and sling shots bla bla bla at that moment I saw a black shirt walking through the background with an AK47 over his shoulder - not s comment made by the reporter

To call this journalism would be a joke - apparently the underdog makes more money. All Americans and Europeans are fed totally false news - I thnk the army should arrest the journalists and kick them out of the country

The real blackshirts (MiB) don't use AK-47s. Only the fake ones do. (I'm not joking) :)

Do you mean a red guard? (Predominately black attire with red scarf)

come on don't start nitpicking here its all the same, the guy was wearing black and inside the encampment and the jurmalist pretended not to notice it

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Reds have now defied the 3pm deadline and broken the law.

As a consequence, the government will now make an announcement that... "the Reds have broken the law."

:)

If the Army is worried about people breaking the law, why don't they just arrest themselves for the illegal coup. With the Army self-jailed, all would be peaceful in this lovely Kingdom.

Or commit sepuku (hara-kiri ) like in Japan after apologising for their failure .

Yes everything would be paeceful even the minuscule area held by the reds

in BKK .

True. Any functional govt which hopefully would be elected within the next decade, should demilitarize thailand and keep the forces

out of bkk. They could do some service at say the southern/Cambodian border and let the govt do its job.

They allowed the blood shirts to build barricades out of tires and Bamboo? They allow the blood shirts to repeatedly break the law over and over again? What a joke! The only thing that will stop the retarded kid next door from coming over every day and kicking you in the jewels is a fist in the face and a knee to the ribs. Sadly, the Red Shirts body count should be higher for the sake of the country's future as a democracy. The US civil war claimed more American's lives than all the wars put together.

Watched a CNN report this evening - reporter was talking ta women and a 9 year old - the women said she wouls stay and die and the 9 year old when asked if she new why she was there answered oh is so much fun, music .....

Than the usual babble about the poor and having only stones and sling shots bla bla bla at that moment I saw a black shirt walking through the background with an AK47 over his shoulder - not s comment made by the reporter

To call this journalism would be a joke - apparently the underdog makes more money. All Americans and Europeans are fed totally false news - I thnk the army should arrest the journalists and kick them out of the country

You see this is because red shirts are getting killed every day .

Soldiers are not .

If the soldiers used water canon , tear gas and rubber bullets

it would be different .

Well just a guess , but i see no reason why a CNN journalist would favor the reds

otherwise .

The real blackshirts (MiB) don't use AK-47s. Only the fake ones do. (I'm not joking) :)

Do you mean a red guard? (Predominately black attire with red scarf)

come on don't start nitpicking here its all the same, the guy was wearing black and inside the encampment and the jurmalist pretended not to notice it

I'm not nitpicking, it's quite an important distinction.

Having loud speakers blaring into your ears 24/7 telling you the govt is bad is nothing more than brainwashing and not being informed.

Seriously, when this reaches a conclusion the brainwashed will need help rehabilitating back into society. Of course they won't receive it as this is Thailand.

Edited by naughtybadfurrimunki

Wow your assumptions astound me.

I don't support yellow or red and I don't support illegal protesting. I could care less if they do this peacefully and not inconvenient other people's lives.

You can go back to your red masters and get your daily paycheque.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why people are willing to die ?

And dont tell me Thaksin or 500b/day .

Whichever not a reason to spray them with automatic gun fire .

I dont support illegal protest either , i say use water cannon , tear gas ,

even rubber bullet .

4 Blessings

it's called long term brainwashing.

Known to make people do things they never imagined they would do.

See show about The Cultural Revolution on the History Channel this week.

All becomes clear.

The prevailing theme amongst the old Red Guards is they understand NOW why they did this,

but were so twisted by repeated ideological bullshit they didn't UNDERSTAND they were wrong till much later.

We are witnessing Weng's wonders today based on the same style of ideological programing.

Edited by animatic

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

I can only hope that I don't know you in the real life, that I never met you, and that I will never meet you.....I am disgusted by your post

I agree, what difference does it make how you title this act, no matter what, it is CHILD ABUSE. You cannot make up any phrase or word that I would consider to harsh to describe this.

Anyone who accepts this behavior or defends ANY part of it should be ashamed.

Read the post again after the word NOW,na dthats what i said,i was correcting the poster,and you are right it is child abuse.

Calm down posters i am not defending the reds even though its been coming for years especialy with the way farangs behave in Bangkok,just like the elite tossers who have started this years ago

If you are so pro-red why are you posting on a forum and not fighting the good fight in downtown Bkk?

I would say because you are a coward like the PTP MPs.

Also, would you do this to your child?

I think not.

whay are the military not using water cannons as they do in the west??? all it would take is a few and you would blow them all out of the area as the tropps advance behind

I'm f u l l y in favor of water cannons, the most effective means to disperse any crowd or any mob .WHY the government is not using them and using them correctly (!) is something nobody will ever comprehend. Abhisit has a website which is www.abhisit.org. In the past I thought he would sometimes look at emails arriving there, but obviously he doesn't. I have sent emails there many times suggesting to use water cannons as a very effective and legitimate means, but helas... I'm just another stupid fool. Showing restraint is one thing, but instead that he and his government control the Reds, the Reds are already all the time controlling the government. Sad story, because much misery could have been averted.

Well not defending the PM but i really start to believe that he is not in charge .

The roadmap was his idea , now he sounds to me like a mere spectator .

Moderate reds same same

reds jerking themselves off :)

Since you will not vote at next election , your views are unimportant :D

My wife will, my views are quite important to her.

She would likely vote as I ask, not order, ask,

because I have a better informed opinion on the players involved

than she does, and clearly state my reasons so she understands.

It will be her vote, but better informed for having compared

BOTH of our views as a family.

My wife is thai from central isaan Korat and is 100% pro Thaksin . I am not .

When Abhisit proposed his roadmap i told her the PM is not so bad

after all , he must be given a chance .

She agreed . But now i dont know what to tell her myself .

I dont know what to think ...

As for her vote she always do what she wants anyway

and so she should

Yap Yap Yap... Talk about a bunch of trolls

The thread is what happens now ? ... everytime a new thread is added it gets hijacked into a mud slinging contest I can only conclude its the only thing some posters are here for.Some of us dont want to hear all the point scoring so go take it to the local bar :)

Moderators you need to tell people to stay on topic its getting ridiculous.

Edited by englishoak

Re: the child sitting on the tires/barricade ...

It matters not whether you support the protesters-cum-terrorists or not, but to suggest that using that boy as a shield was justified is insane.

If you read the Thai posts about it online (I'm sure all you arm-chair politicians read Thai) you'll see that every post looks like this ...

ควายแดงถ่อยมาก = "red-water-buffalo-(is)-very-despicable" and, yes, that refers to the father or uncle holding the child.

Believe it or not the 66.45 million Thais that are NOT protesting today are just like real people. They are pretty horrified by the images of parents endangering their own kids.

I think that the red sympathizers lose site of the fact that 99.5 of the Thai population are disgusted as to what's going on in their country. Like it or not the Govt. has every right to defend the majority, and if that means controlling the MOB by force even it it comes to deadly force then so be it. For red fools to put their kids in harms way is abusive to say the least. Remember that many of these soldiers taking the brunt of the blame for the blood in the streets are conscripted into the military, and come from poor families.Many of these poor families do not see colors.

The army are stating categorically that they will not use RPGs and M-79s so that the damage from these weapons is rightfully blamed on the reds who are using them.

The reds believed that army snipers were using the Dusit Thani to shoot into Lumpini

Both, and not hard at all! :)

Ok if true , self defense is a motive ...

this thing is going to go from bad to worse .

Let the madness stop

Note the highlighted word. What you believe doesn't make it right. Many of these protesters BELIEVE they are fighting for democracy because they have BELIEVED Thaksin's puppets who told them that they don't have it. They also may BELIEVE that they are prepared to die for their ideals, but when it comes to the crunch they will change their minds. Unfortunately, by then it will be too late.

I hope the 30 pieces of silver that you are being paid to post tripe 20 times a day is sufficient. You may like to investigate what happened to the original recipient.

True. Any functional govt which hopefully would be elected within the next decade, should demilitarize thailand and keep the forces

out of bkk. They could do some service at say the southern/Cambodian border and let the govt do its job.

Yes agree , the thai army has no place killing other thais let alone staging coups

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

For sure i totally agree, whybother should not bother spouting crap of his own....

Thais do not lose face, that is the problem.

Takee does not care a dam_n but his money talks

Monks can be a monk for a day then off the robes

Washed and all is well

I believe the guards will shoot and have shot their own supporters that is part of the deal

Trying to alarm the Falangs by aiming at the glorious Dusit, not surprised, who owns it!

The Reds are happy to turn Bangkok into a no go war zone, even happy eating the stray dog.

They will end up ransacking the stores and well that is what life will be like if they ever get into power

Abhisit should not bow down, talks are fine if all leave but the guilty reds should be turned in and not given an amnesty except an amazingly beautiful kicking under the guise of re-education

[

Why dont you cut the BS and stick to facts

The RPG was shot at the Dusit Thani by the yellow mob protesting in Lumpini Park.

Or was it the army that are further down Silom (and therefore can't see the hotel).

It was the reds. There was no one else around.

Show some proofs then ...

Or tell me a reason ...

Again, I'll try to use words of one sylable or less....pay attention now as I'll be asking questions later!

Earlier news reports said that the "red gaurds" thought that seh dang had been shot by a sniper from the hotel, the 'guards" themselves said that they believed that the Army was using it as an observation point...maybe they just thought it made a good target? After all, it is in opposition to "Takki's" hotel! :)

Indiscriminate killing of civilians is the definition of terrorism .

Who are the terrorists ?

1) Who is killing civilians?

2) Who is being indiscriminate?

3) We all know the terrorists are the ones burning the tyres, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs.

Interestingly there are some non-racist Westerners prepared to call this masssacre precisely what it is - an act of outright mass murder against unarmed or grossly underarmed (catapults!) civilians. From New Mandala today:

"The definition of massacre is: “The act or an instance of killing a large number of humans indiscriminately and cruelly.” Let’s be clear about what is happening on the streets of Bangkok: this is a massacre. Perhaps not a single act or instance, but when taken as a whole, the military and police operations against the red shirt protesters have killed up to this point more than any crackdown by previous Thai military regimes in the past 50 years. "

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...-is-a-massacre/

Indiscriminate killing of civilians is the definition of terrorism .

Who are the terrorists ?

1) Who is killing civilians?

2) Who is being indiscriminate?

3) We all know the terrorists are the ones burning the tyres, throwing grenades, and firing RPGs.

1) The army

2) the army

3) No , we dont ALL know ..

You see this is because red shirts are getting killed every day .

Soldiers are not .

If the soldiers used water canon , tear gas and rubber bullets

it would be different .

Well just a guess , but i see no reason why a CNN journalist would favor the reds

otherwise .

cause showing women and children in a war zone sells

telling the apparently does not

I care because my Thai wife and Thai 3 month old baby were forced out of our residence when my wife and I witnessed a redshirt in front of our building shooting an automatic rifle. I am not making this up. We have been under siege for more than a month now.

And don't confuse yourself, my wife is as Issan as Issan gets. She has worked very hard to pull herself out of the poverty she grew up in. We are not elitist. I work for a Thai university and make a humble salary trying to help educated Thai students.

3 weeks ago things were not perfectly normal. My 3 month old baby was being scared out of her sleep by rockets the reds were firing right outside my window every night. My wife was hassled by the redshirts while she was simply trying to reach our home. My thai mother in-law (who lives with us and I support) could not get to the hospital when she was sick because the redshirts blocked the entrance.

If you don't care about me because I am farang fine, makes not differnce to me really, but do be presumptuous that you know everyone's situation. Families come in all shapes and sizes, and most of mine happens to be Thai.

So do I have your permission to care about my family's well being?

obviously ..

Well if you dont make this up then you surely have good reasons to dislike the reds .

I respect that . I would want this protest to end as well , both sides negociate and the reds

go home . I saw some hope when the PM proposed his roadmap and all the red leaders except

SD and Arisman approved it and I posted along that line .

Just hope the madness ends soon , without further loss of life .

Good luck ....

I did not make any of this up. In addition, I do not hate the reds. I actually understand their feelings. People always have sides and it is hard to tell who is right or who is wrong, but I completely understand their concept of injustice, starting with the coup in 2006. Not very democratic at all. To have 3 PM ousted would frustrate anyone who believed in their party. But don't fight stupidity with stupidity.

I am at the point ready to do what it takes to finish this thing. If dissolving parliament fixed it I would say dissolve parliament. This current government has shown itself incompetent anyway in my humble opinion. But the reds need also to do their part. Each side has plenty of blame and I keep saying both sides should try to fix themselves first before worrying so much about others.

The bottom line is what is going on hurts Thailand and both sides need to compromise. I would support a third party such as the UN helping too. Why not? Maybe they would be fair and help both sides get over the stubbornness.

Regardless, I too hope the madness ends soon and I appreciate your thoughts of good luck.

I got a few ideas..

(1) Okay offer them 2000 baht a day to come over to the other side.. once they did arrest them.. handcuff them and parade then down the sukumvit for 2-3 days.. no shoes no food and no water.. oh, okay tap water.. The offer them a bus ride home if they promise to get a job and stop acting like morons.. you think that would work..

(2) okay how about this... give them $100 each a boat ride then a bus ride to the Mexican border... and then let them try to enter the US through the Texas border.. getting all the jobs that Mexicans will not do..

(3) Okay what about this put all on a boat to Africa and tell them of the bright future they will have there since the Thai will believe almost anything you tell me..

(4) Promise them all a new job at a Mattel toy factory making Barbie dolls that look like Lady boys...

(5) I still say put silly juice in the water... RIP Timothy Leary

At last, a bit of sanity on TV!

Why not try all of them? We could do worse! :)

Just last week, the Thai government came close to an agreement with the opposition which would result in new elections in the coming months. But after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva shelved a plan for November elections, protesters refused to leave their base in Bangkok's financial district, leading to increased tensions. The government subsequently launched an operation to disperse the protesters who have shut down much of the city for two months. Pictured: a demonstrator holds a Thai flag as tires burn.

Strange reporting here - it was the reds who did not accept the road map and came up with unreasonable demands Abhisit bend over backwards to make it work but the reds won't have it. Wondering why the mods here write such BS ??

whay are the military not using water cannons as they do in the west??? all it would take is a few and you would blow them all out of the area as the tropps advance behind

I'm f u l l y in favor of water cannons, the most effective means to disperse any crowd or any mob .WHY the government is not using them and using them correctly (!) is something nobody will ever comprehend. Abhisit has a website which is www.abhisit.org. In the past I thought he would sometimes look at emails arriving there, but obviously he doesn't. I have sent emails there many times suggesting to use water cannons as a very effective and legitimate means, but helas... I'm just another stupid fool. Showing restraint is one thing, but instead that he and his government control the Reds, the Reds are already all the time controlling the government. Sad story, because much misery could have been averted.

Well not defending the PM but i really start to believe that he is not in charge .

The roadmap was his idea , now he sounds to me like a mere spectator .

Moderate reds same same

I had very high hopes for the young Abhisit when this present government was formed with him as premier and I was one of his supporters. For he was young + educated in the West, a fresh breeze, I thought this would be better than getting "the same old wine in a new bottle" I'm not sure this is the exact wording, but you might understand. Unfortunately, he has completely failed. My admiration has faded. Water cannons must be used when a mob starts to form and escalate, but with still thousands dispersed over the whole country - look at the pictures from other cities like Chiang Mai and Ubon - no chances any more for the government to be in control. I wonder what new elections would bring, because here ... only money brings power. And we know who has all the money.

I care because my Thai wife and Thai 3 month old baby were forced out of our residence when my wife and I witnessed a redshirt in front of our building shooting an automatic rifle. I am not making this up. We have been under siege for more than a month now.

And don't confuse yourself, my wife is as Issan as Issan gets. She has worked very hard to pull herself out of the poverty she grew up in. We are not elitist. I work for a Thai university and make a humble salary trying to help educated Thai students.

3 weeks ago things were not perfectly normal. My 3 month old baby was being scared out of her sleep by rockets the reds were firing right outside my window every night. My wife was hassled by the redshirts while she was simply trying to reach our home. My thai mother in-law (who lives with us and I support) could not get to the hospital when she was sick because the redshirts blocked the entrance.

If you don't care about me because I am farang fine, makes not differnce to me really, but do be presumptuous that you know everyone's situation. Families come in all shapes and sizes, and most of mine happens to be Thai.

So do I have your permission to care about my family's well being?

obviously ..

Well if you dont make this up then you surely have good reasons to dislike the reds .

I respect that . I would want this protest to end as well , both sides negociate and the reds

go home . I saw some hope when the PM proposed his roadmap and all the red leaders except

SD and Arisman approved it and I posted along that line .

Just hope the madness ends soon , without further loss of life .

Good luck ....

I did not make any of this up. In addition, I do not hate the reds. I actually understand their feelings. People always have sides and it is hard to tell who is right or who is wrong, but I completely understand their concept of injustice, starting with the coup in 2006. Not very democratic at all. To have 3 PM ousted would frustrate anyone who believed in their party. But don't fight stupidity with stupidity.

I am at the point ready to do what it takes to finish this thing. If dissolving parliament fixed it I would say dissolve parliament. This current government has shown itself incompetent anyway in my humble opinion. But the reds need also to do their part. Each side has plenty of blame and I keep saying both sides should try to fix themselves first before worrying so much about others.

The bottom line is what is going on hurts Thailand and both sides need to compromise. I would support a third party such as the UN helping too. Why not? Maybe they would be fair and help both sides get over the stubbornness.

Regardless, I too hope the madness ends soon and I appreciate your thoughts of good luck.

good post

I got a few ideas..

(1) Okay offer them 2000 baht a day to come over to the other side.. once they did arrest them.. handcuff them and parade then down the sukumvit for 2-3 days.. no shoes no food and no water.. oh, okay tap water.. The offer them a bus ride home if they promise to get a job and stop acting like morons.. you think that would work..

(2) okay how about this... give them $100 each a boat ride then a bus ride to the Mexican border... and then let them try to enter the US through the Texas border.. getting all the jobs that Mexicans will not do..

(3) Okay what about this put all on a boat to Africa and tell them of the bright future they will have there since the Thai will believe almost anything you tell me..

(4) Promise them all a new job at a Mattel toy factory making Barbie dolls that look like Lady boys...

(5) I still say put silly juice in the water... RIP Timothy Leary

At last, a bit of sanity on TV!

Why not try all of them? We could do worse! :)

can you put that juice in my water?

Government has to act tonight - time for talk has passed - act now or anarchy will go on for years - the damage already done to Thailand will take decades to recover from

Reds have been warned, given more time and more time again - now it is time to act on behakf of the vast majority of Thais who want to see this mob finally eliminated

Edited by Herm