Business Class Flights Bkk-uk

I've noticed the costs of flights increasing rather a lot this summer...

Has anyone observed any decent business class flight deals ???

I thought I was getting Etihad - BKK-AUH-MAN return for B75,000 and I nearly took our travel agents arm off, only see that the new guy at the travel agent made a mistake...

The prices I have seen so far.... For dates in August.

Etihad - B118,000 (includes chauffeur drive within 100 miles of airport)

Emirates - B140,000

British Airlines - B135,000

Thai Airlines - B140,000

Kingfisher - B98,000 (appears to be the best deal I have found)

Qatar - B104,000

Austrian - B94,000 (seating is reportedly poor).

Kuwait - B71,000 (I’ve not seen a good report)

I don't mind the stop over....

Try Finnair ( www.finnair.com ). Superb service, ultra clean including the toilets and possibly the best airline food I have tasted and that includes most major airlines first class service. It is not direct of course as it is a change in Helsinki. Leg room and quality superior to BA and Quantas. Of course TG's business class is a joke.

103,800 THB last week BKK - LHR return.

Try Finnair ( www.finnair.com ). Superb service, ultra clean including the toilets and possibly the best airline food I have tasted and that includes most major airlines first class service. It is not direct of course as it is a change in Helsinki. Leg room and quality superior to BA and Quantas. Of course TG's business class is a joke.

TG a joke in what way?

Thai Business class is like Qatar Airlines - Slide off flat beds...

From what I gather the Kingfisher flat beds are 180 Deg and wider... and B40,000 cheaper than Thai.

My wife and I rather enjoy Indian food, so if we choose Kingfisher I'd be looking forwards to the curry-fest.

I'm really wondering if anyone has found some good value for flat bed travel back to Europe.

TG a joke in what way?

I don't think TG are a joke and locally they offer a good service. I don't think their prices are competitive on longhair flights however.

i.e. Qatar have exactly the same type of seating, with a better service (5 star) at B40,000 less than TG. For some not having a stop over may be worth B40,000, but not for me. BA at a similar price would be a better option IMO because of the 180 deg flat bed, thus making TG less competitive.

Given the current competition and pricing and routes, TG would do well to place themselves and offer their business class seats for about B120,000 thus splitting the stopover vs non stop flat bed dilemma...

Try Oman Air.

I didn't consider Oman Airlines. Thanks for the idea.

Looking online they are B108,000, but with a 5 hr layover on the way out (I look more to see if they have better scheduling on other days). Their seating looks good, I'm looking for some reviews online now.

http://www.flatseats.com/ doesn't have any comments about them yet.

Look at China Airways via Amsterdam. Business class is not fantastic, but cost is normally in the region of 65,000 Baht.

The Travel Centre in Norwich acts as a China Airways agent and may be able to book for you.

Another useful suggestion, thanks..

B73,000 to Amsterdam. I can't get their website to work for BKK-LHR (which I gather connects in AMS with a local flyer)...

Beds look the same as TG and Qatar.

China has code sharing with KLM, so from Amsterdam you can link anywhere in the UK. I fly them every 2 or 3 months from £1,250 to £1,400 (including the connection). You cannot get the KLM link from their website, so you need to call either China here in Bangkok or book in the UK. Seats are the same as KLM, but much cheaper.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people want to pay business class prices for the sake of a bigger seat for 12 hours.

Its clear the OP is checking the costs with different airlines so obviously money matters.

Whats wrong with a premium economy seat at half the price.Im 6 foot 4 and theres plenty of room for me.

Premium econ would be BA and EVA that I know of.. Maybe Qantas. BA is almost as expensive as a cheaper business. EVA is better, but they only fly the route a few times a week now. Who else is there? SAS?

Qatar promotion:

From Bangkok to:

Abu Dhabi from THB 37,400* Book Now

Amman from THB 52,000* Book Now

Berlin from THB 63,200* Book Now

Frankfurt from THB 63,600* Book Now

London from THB 68,400* Book Now

Paris from THB 65,900* Book Now

*Terms & Conditions

Offers valid on qatarairways.com/th Travel Validity: On/before 30th June 2010

Return flights including all taxes & fees Seats are limited and are subject to availability

Sales Validity: On/before 31st May 2010 Other conditions apply, please review terms at the time of booking

Etihad 70k + tax. book before 31st may, travel before 15 JUne

I always explore and book online, no need for getting screwed by travel agent.

Edited by tartempion

For the life of me I cannot understand why people want to pay business class prices for the sake of a bigger seat for 12 hours.

Its clear the OP is checking the costs with different airlines so obviously money matters.

Whats wrong with a premium economy seat at half the price.Im 6 foot 4 and theres plenty of room for me.

Its for a lie flat bed, not simply a larger seat.

If premium economy has a 180cm+ flat bed then there is nothing wrong with it. I'll chose to fly on the best priced flat bed I can locate.

Of course money matters, I'd be pretty foolish if I wasn't considering costs. I can handle B140,000 each for my wife and I, but I'd prefer to be spending less where I see better value for money.

Please note that I don't see value for money in a B40,000 economy seat because having done that before, halfway through the flight I always wish I'd paid for a flat bed, and at that point in time when I am unbearably tired I'd pay there and then just to upgrade. I've made myself the promise to always attempt a reasonably priced flat bed seat before any other option.

Qatar promotion:

From Bangkok to:

Abu Dhabi from THB 37,400* Book Now

Amman from THB 52,000* Book Now

Berlin from THB 63,200* Book Now

Frankfurt from THB 63,600* Book Now

London from THB 68,400* Book Now

Paris from THB 65,900* Book Now

*Terms & Conditions

Offers valid on qatarairways.com/th Travel Validity: On/before 30th June 2010

Return flights including all taxes & fees Seats are limited and are subject to availability

Sales Validity: On/before 31st May 2010 Other conditions apply, please review terms at the time of booking

Etihad 70k + tax. book before 31st may, travel before 15 JUne

I always explore and book online, no need for getting screwed by travel agent.

Etihad B70 k is good (about B83 k after tax I guess) - Unfortunately I'll be traveling in August.

I follow the same routine as you, I always check online then see what my travel agent can do. Six Stars travel have always come in cheaper than the Internet in the past few years by as much as B10,000 per ticket.

The best option I currently have is Kingfisher at B95,000 (from Six Stars - B98,000 online)

Next best Etihad at B108,000 (from Six stars and B118,000 online).