Cheap Flights Bangkok To Syd/melbl

Hi folks

Does anyone know of cheap direct flights to sydney or melbourne return from bangkok?

Cheapest I can seem to find leaving and returning early june is appx £650.

I'm aware of Air Asia (stopping in KL) but just wanted to know if there are any other cheap options that fly from bangkok to mel/syd direct.

Cheers

I believe Thai Airways has a promotion on. About THB 24,800 incl taxes. Check online on www.moxtravel.com or any other local agent for availability on your travel dates. I think British Airways also flies to Sydney from Bangkok but with the strikes looming, maybe better stick to THAI...

Jetstar flies BKK-MEL and return non-stop several times a week (but NOT daily!).

I did fly MEL-BKK end of October 2009 (after the same Jetstar made me miss my flight on AirAsia-X :) ), and paid around 430 Aus$ incl. all Taxes for the one-way, which was quite reasonable

Thai Airways have daily specials, as long as you are willing to use their dates, then you can get a very good deal. Some are One Way others are return.

http://www.thaiair.com/AIP_SuperDeals/DisplaySpecial

even those super-deals, where you have to book and fly within 2-3 days and can not choose dates that are convenient for you were more expensive than JETSTAR's prices. I am really far from making promotion for this mediocre airline, but the prices for nonstop BKK-MEL can't be beaten. particularly now, as few people intend to book flights to BKK in these days....

unfortunately, as I am checking their website and some other worldtimetable websites right now, these flights on Jetstar seem to have disappeared since the summer timetable started end of March 2010.

Hold your horses, as the way things are going flights BKK/Sydney will be free, that is on RAAF military aircraft evacuating all 'Aus' citizens. HA HA.