Thai Troops Violate Law In Bangkok Action: Amnesty

webfact

all talk of m79s, RPGs and calibre of sniper ammunition is completely irrelevant when discussing breach of human rights laws.

Q. is the elected thai government's army using live rounds in live fire zones where there are unarmed protesters present including women and children?

A. if yes, they are breaching international human rights laws and need to bloody well stop.

Why don't the reds stop burning tires, shooting rpg's, using children as shields? oh, yeah, thaksin won't let them.

OK, again for the slow kids at the back. because the reds are not an elected government. not an elected government the reds are. elected government the reds are not. the reds have a minority of their protestors employing guerilla tactics, there is still a massive majority of innocent people within their camp.

the government of thailand seems incapable of resolving the situation without breaking international human rights laws. so, you get the UN in to mediate and at the very least get the innocent people out of the line of fire.

Provide ONE example of a person killed within the legitimate (and i use that term loosely) red camp

for christ's sake would people please begin reading and understanding? it doesn't matter whether or not anyone 'innocent' has been killed. the thai army is shooting live rounds in areas where there are its own unarmed citizens. this is a massive breach of UN human rights laws.

how the hel_l are people not getting this? it's not complicated.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch at 32 seconds (look at man on right) and you will see why Reds are using fireworks and why fireworks & bottle rockets always precede attacks such as the grenade attacks on the SkyTrain.

This is the most amazing video I have seen.

Did you also see the red who empties a machine gun clip while the string of firecrackers is set off???

Who would be filming these? Maybe the video comes from a confiscated camera.

That incident was so fast I am not even 100% it was a machine gun looked like he was playing around but t was too quick for me ot see what it really was

It may not be a machine gun or automatic weapons but is certainly appears to be a rifle that the guy is firing randomly under the cover of the fire crackers. If true, then it is clear the army is likely not the ones who pulled the trigger on many reds, reporters or medics ... one also has to wonder who has gained and who has not from reporters and medical workers being shot.

armed.jpg

This guy better go back to shooting school if he want to hurt someone. He is firing at the sky. Paid actors?

Watch at 32 seconds (look at man on right) and you will see why Reds are using fireworks and why fireworks & bottle rockets always precede attacks such as the grenade attacks on the SkyTrain.

Did you also see the red who empties a machine gun clip while the string of firecrackers is set off???

That incident was so fast I am not even 100% it was a machine gun looked like he was playing around but t was too quick for me ot see what it really was

The "machine gun" was a broom handle shown here at 30 seconds.

Seems most people in this forum think it is appropriate to use lethal force against brooms and fire crackers. Have you who think smashing the reds is good thought about what kind of Thailand comes from this?

Do you think your whores and cooks and maids and taxi drivers are going keep smiling and serving you after this? Seems to me you either lose and they take over(and remember your sentiment) or you win the war and they piss in every bowl of noodle soup you eat from now on( not to mention car bombs and other fun stuff).

Why not stop the Army killing and give them the vote? Keep em smiling. What do you farang yellow have to lose from reds voting? You fear new corrupt government? Give me a break! This is Thailand. The govenment is an ongoing criminal enterprise. Has been, is now and will be long after we are gone.

If you think this killing is right or fun you're sick man.

Can I just say something alarming without people putting the blame on either side (as they do). I have heard several reports today of armed Asian persons who can not speak Thai. Some appeared to be soldiers. These have been witnessed by both Thai and foreigners - particularly in the Pratunam area. This is a matter of grave National Security and the Government should somehow be informed. I hope someone is reading this. It may account for many of the viciously circulating arguments about who is doing the shooting. Thailand is laid open for something of this nature to occur. They are not exactly on good terms with either Cambodia or Burma...

I have tried to post this twice and it has disappeared. I assume one of the moderators didn't like it for some reason...

What I miss in this whole discussion is the originof the snipers! A lot of media and organisations assume they are army snipers, but just think of it for a second. If you want to incite a civil war, who do you shoot? Soldiers, or your own? Same thing happened on April 10th! The oldest trick in the book.

There are teams of professional hitman in downtown Bangkok, and take a wild guess who finances these! The army and the government have absolutely nothing to gain from internationally covered violence and bloosshed!

But thats just my humble opinion.

I agree with you!

all talk of m79s, RPGs and calibre of sniper ammunition is completely irrelevant when discussing breach of human rights laws.

Q. is the elected thai government's army using live rounds in live fire zones where there are unarmed protesters present including women and children?

A. if yes, they are breaching international human rights laws and need to bloody well stop.

Why don't the reds stop burning tires, shooting rpg's, using children as shields? oh, yeah, thaksin won't let them.

OK, again for the slow kids at the back. because the reds are not an elected government. not an elected government the reds are. elected government the reds are not. the reds have a minority of their protestors employing guerilla tactics, there is still a massive majority of innocent people within their camp.

the government of thailand seems incapable of resolving the situation without breaking international human rights laws. so, you get the UN in to mediate and at the very least get the innocent people out of the line of fire.

Provide ONE example of a person killed within the legitimate (and i use that term loosely) red camp

for christ's sake would people please begin reading and understanding? it doesn't matter whether or not anyone 'innocent' has been killed. the thai army is shooting live rounds in areas where there are its own unarmed citizens. this is a massive breach of UN human rights laws.

Here is your proof, both inside RED camp.

Sae Daeng is one.

A second one in this clip min 1:10

Edited by Rucharee

It is all a lie by Amnesty, the Europeans, the Americans, the world.

No one is being killed here by the Thai government.

The reporters were shot by reds dressed as army. Simple.

the Thai army and government is only firing rubber bullits so there.

I am so sick of seeing the obnoxous and stupid crying by the red lovers here.

Get a life.

Now our PM will not be able to travel back to England ever again because you brits list him as a war crimminal.

How stupid.

Thais love thais so there.

See--I proved it because I never lie.

To date, ONE army boy did get killed. That is a fact. Please proof otherwise.

Can I just say something alarming without people putting the blame on either side (as they do). I have heard several reports today of armed Asian persons who can not speak Thai. Some appeared to be soldiers. These have been witnessed by both Thai and foreigners - particularly in the Pratunam area. This is a matter of grave National Security and the Government should somehow be informed. I hope someone is reading this. It may account for many of the viciously circulating arguments about who is doing the shooting. Thailand is laid open for something of this nature to occur. They are not exactly on good terms with either Cambodia or Burma...

I have tried to post this twice and it has disappeared. I assume one of the moderators didn't like it for some reason...

There are three languages in Thailand. The language in parts of the north is actually a Laos based language. I believe there is even more than 3 languages but these are the most common.

And as for what you heard ... been there done that and there is nothing to back it up beyond just slanted truths and rumors.

Do you really believe the Thai army wants folks from other potential enemy nations in their ranks?

No need to bother to answer if you also believe the Thai Army is also purposely shooting down reporters and medical personal ... as if there would be anything to gained by this.

The "machine gun" was a broom handle shown here at 30 seconds.

Seems most people in this forum think it is appropriate to use lethal force against brooms and fire crackers. Have you who think smashing the reds is good thought about what kind of Thailand comes from this?

Do you think your whores and cooks and maids and taxi drivers are going keep smiling and serving you after this? Seems to me you either lose and they take over(and remember your sentiment) or you win the war and they piss in every bowl of noodle soup you eat from now on( not to mention car bombs and other fun stuff).

Why not stop the Army killing and give them the vote? Keep em smiling. What do you farang yellow have to lose from reds voting? You fear new corrupt government? Give me a break! This is Thailand. The govenment is an ongoing criminal enterprise. Has been, is now and will be long after we are gone.

If you think this killing is right or fun you're sick man.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

More likely you hadn't noticed the requests to use normal fonts, sizes and colours when posting.

Regards

PS I've often come across people here in Thailand who when left alone revert to local dialect, which in some areas are close to Lao or Khmer.

Get a life.

Now our PM will not be able to travel back to England ever again because you brits list him as a war crimminal.

How stupid.

Of course Thais love Thais. That is why none of them are dying or getting injured. NONE! The foreign media is making it all up to make Thailand look bad. The only good people are the Thai government. The rest of the world is lying. BTW, were your grandparents Chinese refugees from the Mao revolution too????

So there.

Get a life.

How stupid.

Can you provide any witness who saw who shot them? Maybe it have cross your mind that someone else could have done it? Who would gain from medicals and reporters getting shot? The goverment? The red shirts?

Here is your proof, both inside RED camp.

Sae Daeng is one.

A second one in this clip min 1:10

NO REAL DEFENSE TO THAT VIDEO IS THERE

I believe Amnesty International has over reacted after been fed by mis-leading information from the RED side.

They should be invited to see first hand that only 1 solider have been killed over the last 5 days or so in Bangkok. This is a fact. I am confirm this.

I GUESS YOU ARE A COUSIN OF ABHISIT, HAHA

It is a fact that ONLY ONE ARMY BOY got kill so far.

I will stop posting if you can proof that more than one solider got killed so far.

here is my proof: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0051800456.html

"Only one of the 38 dead in the latest round of violence has been a soldier. "

for christs sake- the people are in fire zones- and they are fire zones because the reds have barricaded themselves in- invaded neighborhoods - or do you think these places all had stacks of burning tires and drunken idiots firing guns before the reds got there? If the army wanted to kill unarmed people, thousands would be dead, not less than 100. It is so unfortunate that innocent people have been hit - but blame goes on the reds who brought this on. This is not complicated- no red invasion and takeover of neighborhoods, no shooting into these places.

And please site the UN Human Rights Law that firing in self-defense and defense of public and private property is a breach of.

you call insurgents and people who hurt soldiers, fire bombs, overtake and incite violence innocent?
christ almighty. do you really believe that every red shirt protestor within their camp is armed and dangerous? there is a massive majority of innocent people in there. are you prepared to wipe all of them out to end this? why not just napalm the whole camp eh?
But the reality is that the 'innocent' are being used as cover for a group, who ironically may not even be operating on the Red's agenda, but are using the 'innocent' to hide, mime damage and injure other 'innocents'. If the Red leadership, had shown leadership and taken the early election date none of this would have happened. The odd thing is that they didn't, and this set in train a series of events the tragic outcome of which we are all witnessing. Why is it that the 'innocents' do not leave, and please don't start on the 'it's all about democracy' nonsense, it's not. It's about who wants power in the north, who needs it to ensure that their [the mercantile class outside Bangkok who own the villages, in some case lock-stock and barrel] retain their perquisites. They are after all the people who organised, bankrolled, transported these 'innocents' offering them the possibility of a better life, whilst ensuring that the monopolies on power [rice milling, money lending etc.] remained in place, thereby ensuring that the 'innocent' remain poor.

If you are a solider and you see movement, probably accompanied by the cover of smoke and or noise of firecrackers, what decision do you make, fire, or not? On that point, if the allegations of wild firing where even fractionally true the numbers would be horrifically higher. The reality is that the security forces are, by and large, acting in a reasonable manner. Any life cut short is a tragedy, but please let's stop this inane war crimes hysteria, we are not facing a Mehmed-pasa Sokolovic Bridge incident here.

Regards

very well put. :)

I did watch this Video several times. First I thought its a machine gun, but I am not sure about that anymore. If not the Protesters are trying to provoke the Soldiers. Provoke them to shoot back. In a Situation like this you will not make sure if something looking like a weapon pointing at you is a weapon or just fake. You most probably will shoot. With pictures like this I am actually proud of the Thai Army that there are not more casuatlys.

Now I was thinking why isn't the Army going in and put this to an end. We all know that there are many older People, Woman and Children there. I am sure the Government is scared to go in because of them. That's the only explanation I have. I am also sure that the Protester know that and use them as Human Shields. As long as they are there the Army will not go in in full force, because the Government is (rightly) afraid this Group would be harmed. Thats not what they want anyway. At the moment the Government is stuck with a lot of brainwashed "inocent" people beleiving in the Red Propaganda and some hundrets Criminals. If they want they get some Tanks rolling, the barrikades are no Problems for them and get thouse Criminals out. They cant do it because of the Human Shield the Reds are using and abusing.

I was not against the Red Shirts till the moment they refused to end there protest when they got promised early election. Its not possible to do election in just 2 weeks, the country has to get back to normal (as far as that is possible) the different Parties have to organise them self.

AMNESTY, WOULD YOU DARE CALLING THAT INNOCENT?

tulsathit: The leaders didn't even suggest dispersing the rally. They just stated reds should stop violence and ready themselves for peace process.

18 พฤษภาคม 2553 21:39:58

tulsathit: Some protesters have even thrown things at stage when told that reds would end their part in violence.

18 พฤษภาคม 2553 21:37:42

tulsathit: it's confirmed now. Red protesters have booed off leaders' attempt to negotiate a ceasefire with govt.

18 พฤษภาคม 2553 21:36:41

It may not be a machine gun or automatic weapons but is certainly appears to be a rifle that the guy is firing randomly under the cover of the fire crackers. If true, then it is clear the army is likely not the ones who pulled the trigger on many reds, reporters or medics ... one also has to wonder who has gained and who has not from reporters and medical workers being shot.

ITS A BROOM HANDLE! and you like bush thought it was a weapon of mass destruction.

you rank amateur!

you and your pathetic bloodthirsty gang who call for the spilling of thai blood have been caught with your pants down spreading falsehoods yet again.

So, JC, now that the evidence is on the table are you finally prepared to admit that its the army who are killing innocents, in addition to Reds?

ITS A BROOM HANDLE! and you like bush thought it was a weapon of mass destruction.

you rank amateur!

you and your pathetic bloodthirsty gang who call for the spilling of thai blood have been caught with your pants down spreading falsehoods yet again.

So, JC, now that the evidence is on the table are you finally prepared to admit that its the army who are killing innocents, in addition to Reds?

Getting a little hysterical Red Man?

The cool independent gig didn't last too long did it.

Maybe your friends are in the group throwing things at the stage.

Why?

You want to continue rioting and keep the human shields in place.

The bloodthirsty gang is Arisman's tribe.

Aren't you a member?

Or like the dead general report directly to Thaksin's office?

you rank amateur!

Earthpig. Think of the most democratic, fair country in the planet. Picture it. Now:

Go there.

Find a military barracks.

Grab a couple of friends and build a barricade there made up of tires.

Light a couple of them on fire.

When they tell you to disperse, tell them to go fuc_k themselves and provoke them.

Start lobbing molotov cocktails, shoot large caliber fireworks at them through a pipe, but make sure to hold it like you would an rpg launcher.

Make sure that visibility is minimal between yourself and the soldiers from the tire smoke.

Get a broom and pretend it's a gun while mimicking shooting it at them while your buddy lets firecrackers mimic the noise.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks.

Edited by dttk0009

for christs sake- the people are in fire zones- and they are fire zones because the reds have barricaded themselves in- invaded neighborhoods - or do you think these places all had stacks of burning tires and drunken idiots firing guns before the reds got there? If the army wanted to kill unarmed people, thousands would be dead, not less than 100. It is so unfortunate that innocent people have been hit - but blame goes on the reds who brought this on. This is not complicated- no red invasion and takeover of neighborhoods, no shooting into these places.

And please site the UN Human Rights Law that firing in self-defense and defense of public and private property is a breach of.

'not less than 100'. well there you go. human rights laws breached, innocent citizens shot at by their own government. which is the subject of this thread. whatever underhand and foul tactics certain of the redshirts have employed, you do. not. shoot. at. your. own. unarmed. citizens.

this is like talking to a 9 year old child. two wrongs do not make a bloody right.

The military have taken up a strategy to contain and defend their positions. The ones on the offense are the reds trying to push the army away. If the red didn't attack they wouldn't get shot. Simple really.

As for the Canadian reporter in the Youtube clip, feel really sorry for him, but as he more than anyone else would or should know reporters sometimes put themselves in the line of fire for the picture or story they are after. He as a reporter should have been well aware of the risk and consequences of what he was doing. I remember John Simpson during the Gulf war in a convey which was struck by an American air-strike killing a colleague and others, and he himself only narrowly avoided serious injury. But he was in a war zone and he understood the risk.

In the heat of battle people make mistakes, bullets ricochet, some soldiers have poor aim and people get hit by friendly fire.

The Thai troops seem to be doing their best in a very difficult situation.

40 odd killed is insignificant compared to the 3000+ slaughtered by thatkin during the so called war on drugs. This included a nine year old drug baron child.

Where were the london do gooders then?

I did watch this Video several times. First I thought its a machine gun, but I am not sure about that anymore. If not the Protesters are trying to provoke the Soldiers. Provoke them to shoot back. In a Situation like this you will not make sure if something looking like a weapon pointing at you is a weapon or just fake. You most probably will shoot. With pictures like this I am actually proud of the Thai Army that there are not more casuatlys.

Now I was thinking why isn't the Army going in and put this to an end. We all know that there are many older People, Woman and Children there. I am sure the Government is scared to go in because of them. That's the only explanation I have. I am also sure that the Protester know that and use them as Human Shields. As long as they are there the Army will not go in in full force, because the Government is (rightly) afraid this Group would be harmed. Thats not what they want anyway. At the moment the Government is stuck with a lot of brainwashed "inocent" people beleiving in the Red Propaganda and some hundrets Criminals. If they want they get some Tanks rolling, the barrikades are no Problems for them and get thouse Criminals out. They cant do it because of the Human Shield the Reds are using and abusing.

I was not against the Red Shirts till the moment they refused to end there protest when they got promised early election. Its not possible to do election in just 2 weeks, the country has to get back to normal (as far as that is possible) the different Parties have to organise them self.

The army is bringing it to a quick end because their tactic from day one was set up a defensive perimeter and contain the protest site. Which they have done and continue to do. The conflicts and deaths arise when people on the outside of the site attack the soldiers positions in an attempt to break in

YOUR comprehension needs a changeup 

YOU are conveniently ignoring that it "..is a massive breach of UN human rights laws. .."

for live grenades and rockets to be used by the Red Shirts ..as proved by numerous videos ..isn't it ?

Piss off

You want to continue rioting and keep the human shields in place.

The bloodthirsty gang is Arisman's tribe.

Aren't you a member?

it took you 1 minute to respond to my post to jc. i got it: when jc is on break you fill in for him. one of the other of you has TV covered 18 hours a day best i can figure.

you two just got caught with your pants down trying to pass a BROOM of as a gun in your endless campaign to discredit the Reds.

so whose payroll are you guys on?

Army?

Third Force?

Gov?

I doubt the first two because of the fool you just made out of yourselves on confusing a gun and a broom handle. i presume you would be trained to differentiate the two if they were employing you.

i sure hope your paymasters arent checking up on your posts or the boss wont be too happy!

but you can keep entertaining us; we wont tel....

A QUESTION comes up to mind: does anyone know any international condemnation of the financial supporters of the red-shirts? The red’s unleash definitely unlawful – undemocratic – events. What does Amnesty, the UN, the democracy loving NGOs etc to this financial supporting sponsorship? I hear only Thai government bashing…. or do I miss some info???? :)

Edited by RaiBerg