Thai Troops Violate Law In Bangkok Action: Amnesty

webfact

I want an I LOVE ThaiVisa t-shirt ... this forum has done wonders to deal with boredom the last month as well as an easy source of news to stay informed.

I'm thinking you've surely set some form of record, 'over 1000 posts in a month' :D:):D

I would have thought so too but I'm only averaging around 30 a day and see there are a number of folks up to 40 a day.

im not so sure that any new member has reached 1000 posts within a month. :D Anyway, whatever, uptou :D

Cool ... maybe it will get me a Free T-Shirt :D

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check the news from the rest of the country. Blockages in Chiang Mai, Ubon, Khon Kaen. If you cannot control the country please step down from government

Typical red shirt apologist- too lazy to post a link or too dumb to know how... :)

I cannot post a link to a thai cable tv station. PLease dont insult people of a different view to your own. I am no apologist, I just see a country in transititon. If you want to debate facts, not those facts from thai tv, I will be online for a while. If anything you are trying to apologise for highly armed troops shooting people. Maybe another ex military man

re: I cannot post a link to a thai cable tv station

Why not? They all have websites and if they provide news most have live feeds or at least recaps of what is on their broadcast channels.

Check the news from the rest of the country. Blockages in Chiang Mai, Ubon, Khon Kaen. If you cannot control the country please step down from government

Typical red shirt apologist- too lazy to post a link or too dumb to know how... :)

I cannot post a link to a thai cable tv station. PLease dont insult people of a different view to your own. I am no apologist, I just see a country in transititon. If you want to debate facts, not those facts from thai tv, I will be online for a while. If anything you are trying to apologise for highly armed troops shooting people. Maybe another ex military man

re: I cannot post a link to a thai cable tv station

Why not? They all have websites and if they provide news most have live feeds or at least recaps of what is on their broadcast channels.

This one does not have a link or I cannot find it. Just stop getting your 'facts' from thai tv

PS... have you found out who Michael Collins is? Bcos when you do you will understand what will happen after this day.

This one does not have a link or I cannot find it. Just stop getting your 'facts' from thai tv

PS... have you found out who Michael Collins is? Bcos when you do you will understand what will happen after this day.

What channel? I am confident I can find a link and provide it for you.

(note I am not displaying trollish behavior by continually trying to jump to another topic)

Edited by jcbangkok

There is only reports of red shirts in Khon Kaen raiding the city hall. Nothing else.

It's surprising really. The reds "have majority support in Thailand" and all they can do is get a few people to raid a hall in their strong hold.

(note I am not displaying trollish behavior by continually trying to jump to another topic)

I think you r avoiding the issue. When you tell me who he is and what he is famous for then I will know you can debate at my level...and not yours

I think you r avoiding the issue. When you tell me who he is and what he is famous for then I will know you can debate at my level...and not yours

why bother

Edited by jcbangkok

why bother

Good you googled it. Will you not agree this is where this situation will go. Bangkokians may be suffering hardship now but if Collins tactics are used they will live in fear for years

Good you googled it. Will you not agree this is where this situation will go. Bangkokians may be suffering hardship now but if Collins tactics are used they will live in fear for years

This was always a possibility regardless of the gov't action so long as Thaksin didn't win. The analogy with Collins and the IRA is misplaced, however, for the simple reason that the IRAs campaign was based on religious grounds, in fact you can take it all the way back to Henry VIII and the establishment of the Protestant Church. The IRA scenarion has more in common with the troubles Southern provinces (independence and religion mixed in) than with Thaksin's insurrection.

Remove Thaksin and the trouble is over. Despite what you're hearing, there is little sentiment for an independent Isaan and there is no religious subtext to this.

Edited by dobadoy

That man disgusts me. What's scary is that his outright lies will be what the Westerners hear and what they'll most likely believe. Thaksin is winning the war of the media, which may lead him to prevail in the long run.

Because thailand has no credability when they remove a democratically elected Pm by a military coup and install there own government and then wangle it so the yellows can get back in without holding elections

You still don't have a grasp on what actually and legally happened.

Go to the back of the class, there's a good boy. :)

Very clear what happened and its EXACTLY THE REASON WHY THE COUNTRY IS IN THE SH%%$t state it is in today with all this trouble THE EXACT REASON

I would agree that actions like TRT and PPP's vote-boying and voter-intimidation is exactly why the country is in the shitter, democracy wise.

If there was only some way we could dissolve the rural power-structure and bring about real voter-based democracy...

But that would mean that the red shirts paymasters would also have to go away.

Watch at 32 seconds (look at man on right) and you will see why Reds are using fireworks and why fireworks & bottle rockets always precede attacks such as the grenade attacks on the SkyTrain.

<deleted> is the farang doing at 1.04 ?

(He has no shirt on.)

This was always a possibility regardless of the gov't action so long as Thaksin didn't win. The analogy with Collins and the IRA is misplaced, however, for the simple reason that the IRAs campaign was based on religious grounds, in fact you can take it all the way back to Henry VIII and the establishment of the Protestant Church. The IRA scenarion has more in common with the troubles Southern provinces (independence and religion mixed in) than with Thaksin's insurrection.

Remove Thaksin and the trouble is over. Despite what you're hearing, there is little sentiment for an independent Isaan and there is no religious subtext to this.

Agree the reasons for the conflict are not the same. I was trying to make the point that Collins was recognised as the man to first use 'hit and run' tactics to defeat an enemy with superior numbers and fire power. That would appear to be what will happen now.

What the heck are you responding to? Are you picking an argument with yourself?
I am trying to educate you. Do you know who Michael Collins is?. I will give you a few minutes to google it.

JC doesn't understand True so there's no point replying to his posts. How he could think you're arguing with yourself, I don't know. Never mind.

I just heard that there's chaos in the provinces. Abhisit could have avoided all this if he dissolved his puppet government at the very beginning. But he had to please the ruling elite. And now this has happened. Abhisit and his government will get what's coming to them - give the people time.

I've posted a poll called "If The Red Shirt Incident Happened In Your Country...?" It was moved to the Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life Subforums by a moderator.

The poll is simple: Under the same set of circumstances, how would your government react if a group of demonstrators occupied the capital city of your country. Included in this group of demonstrators is a radical faction that are armed and openly defend their use of violent force to maintain their hold on the business district of your capital city. They refuse to leave until the leader of your country resigns and the government is dissolved.

The wonderful thing about us Farangs is that we all have an opinion. But I'd like you to set your aside your opinion of the present Thai government for one moment, and instead reflect on your own country.

What the heck are you responding to? Are you picking an argument with yourself?
I am trying to educate you. Do you know who Michael Collins is?. I will give you a few minutes to google it.

JC doesn't understand True so there's no point replying to his posts. How he could think you're arguing with yourself, I don't know. Never mind.

I just heard that there's chaos in the provinces. Abhisit could have avoided all this if he dissolved his puppet government at the very beginning. But he had to please the ruling elite. And now this has happened. Abhisit and his government will get what's coming to them - give the people time.

The time is now

This is not the end

this is not even the beginning of the end

but it maybe the end of the beginning

(maybe slighly mis quoted)

Go on JC tell me who quoted that one

check out the news from the provinces. its war.

WHAT news from the provinces?

Trolling I think.

Do the Yellows call anyone who is educated and watches the news a troll? Calling someone a troll in a reply is a bit weak, don't you think?

He called the planted news a troll message.

One would never call your good self a troll.

At this moment red cheerleaders are more like headless chickens.

Trolling I think.

Do the Yellows call anyone who is educated and watches the news a troll? Calling someone a troll in a reply is a bit weak, don't you think?

He called the planted news a troll message.

One would never call your good self a troll.

At this moment red cheerleaders are more like headless chickens.

Please.. we are not cheerleaders, we just have a different view to others... Democracy

Trolling I think.

You have mentioned several times that there is "news from the provinces" without providing any details, or any links, or anything.

The fact that you can't provide anything to back up your several statements, I take that as just trolling.

Trolling I think.

You have mentioned several times that there is "news from the provinces" without providing any details, or any links, or anything.

The fact that you can't provide anything to back up your several statements, I take that as just trolling.

Not trolling..5 mins ago on Al Jazeera. Reports of burning town hall in Udon Thani

So if we provide you with LINKS, then what? I don't understand your fascination with wanting LINKS. All you have to do is turn on the TV or look out the window! Are you children?

So, this is just the start. Abhisit's in BIG trouble now and so is his government. He'll face the international courts shortly.

So if we provide you with LINKS, then what? I don't understand your fascination with wanting LINKS. All you have to do is turn on the TV or look out the window! Are you children?

So, this is just the start. Abhisit's in BIG trouble now and so is his government. He'll face the international courts shortly.

He'll face the international courts shortly.

Whatever makes your boat float I guess is okay to believe.