Married In Uk & Applying For Uk Flr(m)

Hi

Has anyone had any experience of applying for FLR using the Premium one day service at one of the public offices. My (now) husband has an appointment at the begining of June and we have been getting together all the paper work. Can anyone advise:

• Is the process like an interview? (he is a bit nervous as I think he is only allowed in the office alone)
  • Do we need any more information/documents than they have requested on the form? (I know this sounds like a daft question, but I can't quite believe how little info they have requested, we needed more for his first tourist visa)
  • When we applied for the fiance visa we stated that we were living at my parents home (we proved that they owned it, that it was large enough and had a letter from them saying that we could stay indefinatly), our current living situation is still the same. Is this likely to go against us when applying for FLR? (They dont ask for any proof of accomodation.)

Thank you in advance for any information given

So looking forward to getting visa application forms out of the way, at least for the next 2 years :)

No personal experience of applying at a PEO, I'm afraid.

However, applying for FLR after entering on a fiance visa and then marrying is very straightforward. One basically just has to show that the marriage has taken place and one's circumstances haven't changed.

See FLR(M) Guidance Notes, although you were probably sent this with the form.

Applying for ILR in two years time is more complicated, and it's worth starting your preparations now. See Completing application form SET(M) and the links on the right hand side of that page.

On the 4thMay this year I realised that my wife’s visa ran out that day (Two year settlement), I rang and made a same day appointment at the Liverpool office, I took some bank Statements, ESOL certificate, and around 6 different letters addressed to me and my wife and a cheque for £1100. No interview or anything. After submitting the application form and the papers we had to wait around 2 hours and then we were issued with a indefinite leave to remain visa. It was very easy and the staff were very helpful.

I think you will find that for the interview they will expect the spouse to be present, they certainly did when we had a face to face FLR(M).

References on the website limiting attendance to those who have booked is only for persons requiring a visa not UK citizens supporting the application.

Thank you.

I am going to go with him to the appointment and just hope that they let me attend the intewview with him. I was also planning on taking some other evidence / documents just in case they need to see it, ie my wage slips, letters addressed to him at our home.

Does anyone know if they will require proof of accomodation. We submitted it all with his Fiance Visa application, but they dont appear to ask for it for the FLR (M) application.

Thanks again. :)