CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

webfact

What is not clear is how many of those animals are devastating Bangkok, are not all those sensitive sites been guarded by army (I don't mention police as they worth nothing)?

Due to what they are doing, and as I already said, they deserve to be shot at sight otherwise this mess will go on for a looong time.

Shoot a few more you say! worked well this far.

seems all over now... all over bangkok and thailand that is with gov in panic mode promising reconcilliation, red leaders to be involved, democratic reform..... if only they do that after they steal power from thaksin.

Abhisit next to go because this is just start and army not have enough reliable soldiers. if they shoot more, they going to get shot by red soldiers. count on it friends because some they arest today are soldiers who went to fight with reds.

Thaksin lawyer say on news going to sue mark and start look for thai assests from elite in england and seize!!! be nice money for thaksin to spend when pm again.

Are you sure those Viking hat horns aren't pointed inwards? Have another beer!

In thailand, it is illegal for juveniles to consume alcohol.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prudent security measure. Those outside after that time should be immediately restrained and detained.

In some ways, this might be a danger time for farangs, the reds are now a deranged mob, and there could be random violence or attacks anywhere.

Hopefully they have not read this forum.

Prudent security measure. Those outside after that time should be immediately restrained and detained.

In some ways, this might be a danger time for farangs, the reds are now a deranged mob, and there could be random violence or attacks anywhere.

More than likely. The reds aren't gonna go away any time soon. Bombs,car bombs, arson and random shootings will be the order of the day from now on. Baghdad on Chao Phaya.

Thaksin alluded to this when interviewed. Guerilla tactics he mentioned. Whether it was a call by him or just an observation , who knows?

Been living in Thailand since 1987 and that's the first time that i will be

under curfew,, first time for everything i guess.

ezzra, make a good thinking effort, you forgot that we had another curfew during the days of Mr. Suchinda Kraprayoen, remember?! How time flies ...

UPDATE:

CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

The Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced curfew in Bangkok and nearby cities and provinces in the North and Northeast earlier placed under emergency law.

People in areas under curfew are not allowed to leave their homes from 8pm to 6am, with immediate effect.

State authorities are allowed to perform their duties in the restricted areas to restore peace and order.

The curfew order was signed by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva late this afternoon.

-- Source: Bangkok Post 2010-05-19

any more details on the curfew, where and what cannot ( other than in the street ) ?

I don't understand much about the Thai curfew, same as the western one ?

Let me make it real clear since you're rather slow to catch on to things here....It means: Stay the <deleted> OFF THE STREETS!

'off the street' is understood by default !

does the curfew grant the security the 'right to shoot' if anyone on the street ? or just arrest and detent anyone on the street ?

p.s. family member arrives Suvarnabhumi by late evening :-(

yes. it gives the right to shoot if anyone on the street.......its not to detain anyone (this has been going for 2months now)...btw they might give you a warning before firing..thats the best deal.

Well that was certainly true when the Yellow shirts went berserk last year but I not so sure about these red shirts, they seem to be more intelligent and show a greater degree of restraint that what I saw from the yellows. :)

Hahaha, funny.

I think 711 have taken the same view . 711 soi 81 Sukumvit ONNUT closed 5pm and windows covered in newspaper. Same elsewhere?

Most of these building are made of block and concrete. How do you burn concrete?

just do what 7-11 has done, cover your building in newspaper!!!!!!!! easy to light!

Does the curfew mean that all travel is suspended?

unfortunately YES.curfew means no one can get out on the streets during curfew hours.so can anyone drive a bus without getting on street??? sorry we need to adjust living like this. PEACE.

Actually the poster known as 'dundee007' is more than a little OFF base in their response.

People who have travel already scheduled can travel during the curfew hours (as outlined by the CRES statement which imposed the curfew in the first place).

BUT they must have their thai i/d (if a foreigner your passport) their tickets, their itinerary, and any other documentation to prove they need to be out and about. There are going to be checkpoints (hopefully quite a few) which everyone must pass thru to prove you've got a reason to be out. I'd call the northern bus terminal and see if they're running, I would imagine as they are not close to any active protest sites they probably are still operating.

My advice; If you don't have a reason, DON'T GO OUT. If you do have valid travel already scheduled, take all the documentation you can when you sojourn out and about.

And No 'dundee' we don't "need to adjust" we (meaning you) just needs to understand the terms of the curfew as it was spelled out by the CRES.

Accurate information is crucial at times like these. If you aren't 100% sure of something, don't guess and state it as fact. People need to help each other here and stop the silly fights too.

Now one can see who is at the core of this uprising. A bunch of hired goons. Thugs. Terrorists. Killers. Call them what you will. Individuals not capable of building anything so they choose to tear things down. Perhaps the only way to deal with this is a military coup then govern with an iron fist?

Sad events for Thailand. If the army fails to clean things up there will be an uprising amongst the people of Bangkok and it won't be pretty for these thugs.

The police must be completely overhauled, investigated and possibly jailed for their apparent complicity in these events.

I don't think there will be an election for quite some time. Would you want these thugs running your country?

Mods can we please keep on the Topic.

What is wrong with some of you posters

Are you sure they can read?

No other Government in the world would have shown the restrain the Khun Abhisit has shown to the demand of the Red. In any Country of the world there would be hundreds if not thousands of dead, try somethings like that in Washington DC, can you imagine what would be happen?

I don't know where you come from, but you're deluded to think that more bloodshed would have occured everywhere else in the world given similar circumstances.

There are many countries which would have shown more restraint. There would not "be hundreds if not thousands of dead" in Australia, NZ or The Netherlands had a similar situation arisin. I doubt they would've started using live amunition in Washington DC either.

Curfew!! that would be only for Thai's right, I need to get my evenings beering at Nana

CRES has stated that people should stay in their homes from 8pm and that includes all foreigners. I am pretty sure all entertainment venues will be closed as all the Thais will have to conform. People who are travelling are required to have their passports and tickets with them! So if I were you ..don't risk it!

yes. curfew will only for thais......who will be serving you beer at nana?? better head off to street bars and ask the vendor that you will look after the bar till 6Am tomorrow.... btw army will only identify you as NON Thai after shooting. :)

Now one can see who is at the core of this uprising. A bunch of hired goons. Thugs. Terrorists. Killers. Call them what you will. Individuals not capable of building anything so they choose to tear things down. Perhaps the only way to deal with this is a military coup then govern with an iron fist?

Sad events for Thailand. If the army fails to clean things up there will be an uprising amongst the people of Bangkok and it won't be pretty for these thugs.

The police must be completely overhauled, investigated and possibly jailed for their apparent complicity in these events.

I don't think there will be an election for quite some time. Would you want these thugs running your country?

This is on topic IMO especially considering you cannot start a new thread regarding the situation in BKK. So, basically anything related to the curfew and the reasons for it, I would imagine, are on topic ... even if they are just a rant of somebody expressing their thoughts about the lawless mobs roaming the streets.

Are you sure they can read?

The first time I saw that post I was going to ask How long before someone says can they read?. Well not long.

Please change your sir name to Parker. Your homework assignment is to find out why.

People who have travel already scheduled can travel during the curfew hours (as outlined by the CRES statement which imposed the curfew in the first place).

BUT they must have their thai i/d (if a foreigner your passport) their tickets, their itinerary, and any other documentation to prove they need to be out and about. There are going to be checkpoints (hopefully quite a few) which everyone must pass thru to prove you've got a reason to be out. I'd call the northern bus terminal and see if they're running, I would imagine as they are not close to any active protest sites they probably are still operating.

just needs to understand the terms of the curfew as it was spelled out by the CRES.

Do you know where to obtain a copy of this which specifies that?

It would seem that arresting these people is now not an option, and I fear the just shooting everybody and anybody that is out causing mischief is the only answer. It's something they have brought upon themselves. When the dead start to pile up, maybe going home might seem like a better option especially if they have families. Force is used when the brain no longer works and pain is the only way to convey a message. A very sad time indeed for these poor slobs that have been suckered into this as the pawns of a power hungry self absorbed egomaniac. It's just a game to some, my condolences to the families that will be the recipients of bad news. :)

Curfew!! that would be only for Thai's right, I need to get my evenings beering at Nana

CRES has stated that people should stay in their homes from 8pm and that includes all foreigners. I am pretty sure all entertainment venues will be closed as all the Thais will have to conform. People who are travelling are required to have their passports and tickets with them! So if I were you ..don't risk it!

yes. curfew will only for thais......who will be serving you beer at nana?? better head off to street bars and ask the vendor that you will look after the bar till 6Am tomorrow.... btw army will only identify you as NON Thai after shooting. :)

:D

just needs to understand the terms of the curfew as it was spelled out by the CRES.

Do you know where to obtain a copy of this which specifies that?

It was quoted on Thai TV in Thai and English

Good work red shirts, burn down the entire city...sure this will win the hearts and minds of the other 99.9% NOT involved.

Red Shirts are done, FOREVER, Thaksin will be on the run, and hopefully hunted down and shot like the rabid dog that he is!!

:D:)

I think 711 have taken the same view . 711 soi 81 Sukumvit ONNUT closed 5pm and windows covered in newspaper. Same elsewhere?

Most of these building are made of block and concrete. How do you burn concrete?

just do what 7-11 has done, cover your building in newspaper!!!!!!!! easy to light!

On the inside! Maybe I should of said... I think they're more concerned with broken glass/looting

What are the surrounding cities and provinces?

How about Chonburi / Pattaya?

I can't find any details. Not that I want to go out today, but maybe still do some shopping.

Cheers

I just called my wife from the middle east and she tells me that a government office/building in Chiang Rai was getting torched by the Red Shirts.

update: I asked my wife was anyone (meaning: the red shirt supporters) in the village talking about the red shirts now and she says that people aren't saying too much at all. With what has happened in the last 24 odd hours, I would assume that they're just a little bit shell shocked/numb in thinking that this wouldn't happen...go figure. :)

Edited by Garry

Does the curfew mean that all travel is suspended?

unfortunately YES.curfew means no one can get out on the streets during curfew hours.so can anyone drive a bus without getting on street??? sorry we need to adjust living like this. PEACE.

Actually the poster known as 'dundee007' is more than a little OFF base in their response.

My advice; If you don't have a reason, DON'T GO OUT. If you do have valid travel already scheduled, take all the documentation you can when you sojourn out and about.

And No 'dundee' we don't "need to adjust" we (meaning you) just needs to understand the terms of the curfew as it was spelled out by the CRES.

i agree with you Daniels 100% on this. i meant no offense. thanks for giving the whole picture. really appreciate. but if anyone can hold back they should....thats what i meant by saying "need to adjust"....

Maybe I have a strange view on things but I am watching some guy on tv telling us how successful their operation was in clearing out the reds, if this is so why are there so many fires burning in Bkk and why is there a need to impose a curfew. I don't think that it was as successful as they would like to have us believe. It seems to me that what many TV members predicted would happen is now happening.

Depends which way you look at it...clear out couple of thousand Reds from their nest with only 5 deaths sounds pretty successful to me :)

This is on topic IMO especially considering you cannot start a new thread regarding the situation in BKK. So, basically anything related to the curfew and the reasons for it, I would imagine, are on topic ... even if they are just a rant of somebody expressing their thoughts about the lawless mobs roaming the streets.

Get a life you Halfwit.

70+ posts per day oops that is your life.