CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

webfact

And it´s also amazing how stupid some people can be. Like it or not Thaksin has been the last President, that unlike this Monkey Abhisit, has been elected and despite the fact that of course not everything he did was good, he did a lot to develop the upcountry and not only Bangkok. But this struggle is not about him anymore, the fires you see today smouldered a long time in the society. It´s about justice and its about equality, maybe something that is called in the country where you come from Human Right´s. Do you really think that the thousands of people who protested peaceful are thug´s and terrorists ? How naive is that ....

Of course there are like in every demonstration a few troublemakers who try to make them heard through violence and they should be handled according to the law. But that also applies to the government, i have never heard of any government in a civilised country that is sniping people at will or mixing up a "Live Round Zone" with a "Shoot anybody you see as you like Zone". Not even the Iranian government during the demonstrations against the election a few months ago deployed snipers. There is coming far more terror from the Government than the protesters, they don´t even hesitate to shoot members of the press. The death toll of press members is 6 by now and i don´t remember any incident like this where so many journalists died. But go ahead seeing things through your rose coloured glasses. This conflict will not stop in the near future because movements can´t be shot, a lesson the Thai Government will learn.

And here just for you one of those dangerous red terrorist´s with his weapon of war waving ...........

Not bad going...off to the ignore dungeon on your first post troll...bye

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Many Provinces, which ones please?

The Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) has announced curfew in Bangkok and nearby cities and provinces in the North and Northeast earlier placed under emergency law.

if you live in one of the 15 provinces on this list, you might could be under curfew tonight.

Here is the list of 24 provinces under emergency law as of now:

Added today at 18:00: Kalasin and Mukdaharn (from The Nation)

Added 16th May: Ratchathani, Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Sakon Nakhon, Nong Bua Lampu (from Xinhua)

Added 13 May: Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang, Nakhon Sawan, Col Sansern said. (from Bangkok Post)

I am in Udon Thani province (not the city). There is no curfew here and no BIB either, but then again there very rarely are any BIB here.

Your ENTIRE PROVINCE is under curfew.

Maybe no one is OBSERVING or OBEYING the curfew in your little corner of the province. That's an entirely a different matter.

People are depending on facts to help them through this civil disturbance in Thailand.

Don't spread misinformation. :)

Edited by toptuan

What amazes me is how gullible, idealistic and shortsighted some people can be. From the very beginning this had all the makings of a Thaksin organized uprising wrapped in a secondary and of little importance to him people's movement. Thaksin was owner of a large cell phone company and like Carlos Slim in Mexico royally screwed the poor who could least afford his services. I think many Thais see him for what he is and these bands of thugs are not representative of the true feelings of most Thais. However, these thugs must be dealt with an iron fist from this point forward. Bring in the tanks.

And it´s also amazing how stupid some people can be. Like it or not Thaksin has been the last President, that unlike this Monkey Abhisit, has been elected and despite the fact that of course not everything he did was good, he did a lot to develop the upcountry and not only Bangkok. But this struggle is not about him anymore, the fires you see today smouldered a long time in the society. It´s about justice and its about equality, maybe something that is called in the country where you come from Human Right´s. Do you really think that the thousands of people who protested peaceful are thug´s and terrorists ? How naive is that ....

Of course there are like in every demonstration a few troublemakers who try to make them heard through violence and they should be handled according to the law. But that also applies to the government, i have never heard of any government in a civilised country that is sniping people at will or mixing up a "Live Round Zone" with a "Shoot anybody you see as you like Zone". Not even the Iranian government during the demonstrations against the election a few months ago deployed snipers. There is coming far more terror from the Government than the protesters, they don´t even hesitate to shoot members of the press. The death toll of press members is 6 by now and i don´t remember any incident like this where so many journalists died. But go ahead seeing things through your rose coloured glasses. This conflict will not stop in the near future because movements can´t be shot, a lesson the Thai Government will learn.

And here just for you one of those dangerous red terrorist´s with his weapon of war waving ...........

Well said, why do not you now go join your friends on the streets looting and burning buildings.

Pattaya bars are closing down now..........police is driving around and order to close down all businnes!!!!

I was planning to go for few days but got this info from several independant friends so i am sure its true.

Stay inside is the message.

Pattaya bars are closing down now..........police is driving around and order to close down all businnes!!!!

I was planning to go for few days but got this info from several independant friends so i am sure its true.

Stay inside is the message.

Yes, there is a confirmed curfew in Pattaya.

Read more here: Curfew Tonight In Pattaya

FACEBOOK - now offline. Translation says Access to this information. Suspended temporarily

By virtue.

Emergency Decree on Public Administration.

In emergency situations, BE 2548.

The command center of the emergency situation.

Facebook was still accessible from TOT ADSL / Pattaya a few moments ago. Oh well, maybe they're just a bit slow...

FACEBOOK - now offline. Translation says Access to this information. Suspended temporarily

By virtue.

Emergency Decree on Public Administration.

In emergency situations, BE 2548.

The command center of the emergency situation.

Maybe where you are it is, but not here in Nan, no net issues except can't access some Twitter photo links.

Here, there were less than a hundred reds hanging around near Wat Phumin, being shepherded by about eight BIB. I hope it stays that way.

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

Freaking liars. :)

This cat came out, where is the pig of the earth? No more salary? and you don't stop? Your friends are burning Thailand, and you still open your mouth?

Why exactly are you insulting me? Please find where I said that I supported burning down Thailand. I never said that. Either you got me confused with someone else or you've lost your marbles.

I took these shots at Ratchayothin junction, about 3 hours before the curfew started.

meatshelf

tescoassault

pahonyothinrd

F.P.

Yes I have seen this type of thing at many Tesco even before today, but it would seem they are boycotting the cp brand wieners today. :) I am glad I don't eat meat, I would die if that was all that was left. Why don't they have an express lane? This is Bangkok right? :D

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

Freaking liars. :D

This cat came out, where is the pig of the earth? No more salary? and you don't stop? Your friends are burning Thailand, and you still open your mouth?

Why exactly are you insulting me? Please find where I said that I supported burning down Thailand. I never said that. Either you got me confused with someone else or you've lost your marbles.

Could be your avatar, but it’s just a guess... :)

I took these shots at Ratchayothin junction, about 3 hours before the curfew started.

meatshelf

tescoassault

pahonyothinrd

F.P.

Yes I have seen this type of thing at many Tesco even before today, but it would seem they are boycotting the cp brand wieners today. :) I am glad I don't eat meat, I would die if that was all that was left. Why don't they have an express lane? This is Bangkok right? :D

:D

Anyway that was Tesco Lotus Express...no need for an express lane normally...

Get a decent phone.

nothing wrong with facebook.

FaceBook is down from here too. On TRUE internet.

facebooks fine with me, on the apartments system.

facebooks being blocked some places because somebody put out a competition to do a drawing of mohamed, pakistan went mad and has banned fb in pakistan

meatshelf

tescoassault

pahonyothinrd

F.P.

Does that mean people are supporting the red shirts then? Because CP brand are yellow-shirt supporters. Abhisit's father served or still serves on the board of directors of CP.

Can someone confirm that the curfew doesn not apply for Pattaya? I just arrived here since I do not want to stay home without food near MBK...

apparantly it does. chon buri and pattaya ... but i think theyre gonna have a hard job enforcing that one. its bound to be easier going for wandering half drunk holidaying farang ...